Complaint: Chests give lots of dupes

zeroth_hour

Question

Slightly ranty.

So I grinded my 5000 gold to try for a bunch of chests.  And I opened them in succession.

I didn't expect to get all the commons, but I did expect to get most of them, especially since you have no card crafting, so the only way to get them is in chests for now.

The issue is that I got triplicates of some cards - that I didn't expect, especially in only 11 chests!  That doesn't really seem right.

3 Smiths, 2 Crocodile Skin Armor, 2 Improved Sage's Journal, 3 Rogue Apes, 2 Orb of Storms, 2 Bearskin Armor!

Did anyone else have a similar issue?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

This seems to be right. You normally get a quite a lot "common" duplicates. Bring back "good ole times" From the ccg Era, when you did buy boxes after boxes more boosters and end up having millions of some cards and none of others...

lucily you can put those extra cards to grind mill in this game and get something usefull to replace them.

Hey There.

I have purchased some chests and I received many duplicates (11-13) of some commons and very few or none of other common cards.

It is my expectation, that even though it is irritating, it is working as intended.

Thanks

Hey there.

I received 2 Gold boarded Deck 4 items:

Flask of Magic

Amulet of Inescapable Location

And 1 Gold boarded Deck 6 weapons:

Slaying Razor.

I assumed that Gold boarded was Legendary, but I could be totally wrong.

Thanks

• Like 1

Having not really tried treasure chests yet, you can get cards for future decks?? Or were you kidding about the deck 4 and deck 6 items?

You can get cards for future decks! 

And in answer to another question: yes the Gold border is Legendary

• Like 2

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

Are there plans to sell the game for a deterministic price?

I would say that the $25 bundle to buy all adventures and all characters is a deterministic price (that is, no randomness involved). I think the treasure chests with random loot are in most *for* the people who buy the bundle, because they have nothing else to spend their gold on. And the chests are all just extra options, you don't need them to play.

• Like 1

While there is some duplication to be expected we'll be adding more variety to the drop tables.  

Speaking of drops anyone gotten any legendary cards yet? 

Just got my first...  39 chests into a bundle of 48, I got an Amulet of Inescapable Location.  I may have also gotten some dupes.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Slightly ranty.

So I grinded my 5000 gold to try for a bunch of chests.  And I opened them in succession.

I didn't expect to get all the commons, but I did expect to get most of them, especially since you have no card crafting, so the only way to get them is in chests for now.

The issue is that I got triplicates of some cards - that I didn't expect, especially in only 11 chests!  That doesn't really seem right.

3 Smiths, 2 Crocodile Skin Armor, 2 Improved Sage's Journal, 3 Rogue Apes, 2 Orb of Storms, 2 Bearskin Armor!

Did anyone else have a similar issue?

I have lots of duplicates I've opened about 35 chests so far and haven't gotten a fiery bolt but I've got several greatclubs.  Considering how the chest "gaurantees 1 to be rare" you have to figure the duplicates you're getting are all commons and that there are uncommons rares and legends as well.  It would be nice if the cards indicated their rarity so I can feel better about salvaging something if I know I'll find a dozen more.

I have lots of duplicates I've opened about 35 chests so far and haven't gotten a fiery bolt but I've got several greatclubs.  Considering how the chest "gaurantees 1 to be rare" you have to figure the duplicates you're getting are all commons and that there are uncommons rares and legends as well.  It would be nice if the cards indicated their rarity so I can feel better about salvaging something if I know I'll find a dozen more.

Actually, there are Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary.  So, it's the third-most-rare that you're guaranteed.  Something with one of the two silver borders, or one of the gold borders.

• Like 1

I have gotten a few.

96 chests opened.

Epid:

Orb of Magic, Item 2

Oition of Perseverance, Item 2

Giantbane Battleaxe +2, Weapon 2

Abadar's Truthtelling, Spell 3

Flask of Force, Item 3

Flask of Shock, Item 3

Flask of Frost, Item 4

Greater's Sage Journal, Item 4

Soul Soap, Item 4

Catskin Leather, Armor 4

Flask of Force Missile, Item 5

Flask of Storm, Item 5

Flask of Firestorm, Item 6

Ring of Superior Protection, Item 6

Leopard Leather, Armor 6

Legendary:

Amulet of Inescapable Location, Item 4

Slaying Scythe, Weapon 6

With all these flasks, I was kinda looking foreward to Sajans Drunken Master Role... Until I realized they do not have the Liquid trait.

They do, however, match nicely with Seoins power to recharge items with the Arcane trait.

81 chests:

1 Flask of Magic

1 Slaying Sword

1 Slaying Axe

I want The staff of true healing. :/

How do you keep track of the exact number? Do you write them down or is there some way to check in the game?

I must be well above 50 chests by now, and not a single Legendary. This may be "true random" , but it stinks.

Also, I have multiple copies of some Rares and then a bunch of Commons I have never seen yet. And, checking by AD - while I have Rares all over the decks, and almost all AD 0-2 Commons, I have almost NONE of the Commons AD3 and up - which leads me to believe the cards are not only weighted by rarity, but  by deck number also.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

81 chests:

1 Flask of Magic

1 Slaying Sword

1 Slaying Axe

I want The staff of true healing. :/

How do you keep track of the exact number? Do you write them down or is there some way to check in the game?

I must be well above 50 chests by now, and not a single Legendary. This may be "true random" , but it stinks.

Also, I have multiple copies of some Rares and then a bunch of Commons I have never seen yet. And, checking by AD - while I have Rares all over the decks, and almost all AD 0-2 Commons, I have almost NONE of the Commons AD3 and up - which leads me to believe the cards are not only weighted by rarity, but  by deck number also.

in the gallery, look at Available treasures, then go through all the decks and see which ones are legendary.

in the gallery, look at Available treasures, then go through all the decks and see which ones are legendary.

I think he means the number of chests he's bought, not the number of Legendary cards he's earned.

I had Slaying Razor and Flask of Magic in around 50 chests; I'm not sure what warrants Flask of Magic getting Legendary status though.

• Like 1

(Thanks to Longshot11)

About 96 Chest... Got 4 Legends, quite amount of Epics, and AD3 few Common cards.

Some kind of Filter in the Gallery should be good. Or a counter...

Edited by LAntorcha