Bugs and rules implementations

Narsham

Question

I'm enjoying the app, but have encountered a number of bugs and some rules choices I'm not sure about.

1. I've encountered multiple freeze bugs associated with all things Habe. Habe's own "look at three cards in another location" ability locked my game at the character's end of turn; closing and restarting the app resolved the freeze. And the Sanitorium's When Closing ability also seems a source of problems: both times it froze my game, I'd gotten a roll of "1" which resulted in 0 cards healed, and the game froze up. All three of these freezes, the animation continued and I could click on the White Arrow and other active screen elements but nothing would actually happen beyond the sound effect associated with touching those elements.

2. Ezren's ability that gives him +1/+2 to recharge works inconsistently. I've seen it fail with both the Web spell and the Invisibility spell. The graphic associated with it appears but the bonus isn't displayed or calculated in the rolls.

3. I'm unsure the mechanism by which I can select a character in two instances where I believe I should have the ability:

3a. When temporarily closing locations, if I have multiple characters at a location, the game selects the character earlier in the turn order to attempt the closing first. Shouldn't I be able to choose?

3b. When encountering a villain with two checks to defeat, the character encountering must make the first check. The rules indicate that another character at the same location can make the second check to defeat, but I can't seem to actually do that.

4. A rule that I believe is being misapplied: some enemies increase their difficulty to defeat by a die roll under certain circumstances (like the Skinsaw Man if encountered alone). As worded and as I understand the rule, the die roll to increase the difficulty should trigger once (note the wording on the card says increase the difficulty of checkS to defeat). The game treats each check separately and rolls the difficulty increase twice, meaning the second check on the Skinsaw Man is increased by 2d4 and not 1d4.

7 answers to this question

Hey there.

In regards to 3b:

when there are multiple characters at a location and a Bane with multiple checks is encountered, an small purple icon will appear in the top/middle of the screen. If you select this, then the other character at the location, will be able undertake one of the checks.

Thanks

As for #4, in the physical game, there's a rule in the rulebook that says, "If a roll affects multiple checks or targets, roll once for each check/target.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

3b works only on encounters with multiple checks, like STRENGHT/MELEE 8 THEN WISDOM 12 (for example)

You can't attempt the check with different characters if the encounter has only one check or has multiple checks separeted by "OR", because that means the check is still only one, you just get to choose which skill to use.

As for point 4, da_mayor already nailed it. If you have a die roll penalty/bonus on a check, you have to roll that die every time you attempt the check.

2. Ezren's ability that gives him +1/+2 to recharge works inconsistently. I've seen it fail with both the Web spell and the Invisibility spell. The graphic associated with it appears but the bonus isn't displayed or calculated in the rolls.

3. I'm unsure the mechanism by which I can select a character in two instances where I believe I should have the ability:

3a. When temporarily closing locations, if I have multiple characters at a location, the game selects the character earlier in the turn order to attempt the closing first. Shouldn't I be able to choose?

3b. When encountering a villain with two checks to defeat, the character encountering must make the first check. The rules indicate that another character at the same location can make the second check to defeat, but I can't seem to actually do that.

4. A rule that I believe is being misapplied: some enemies increase their difficulty to defeat by a die roll under certain circumstances (like the Skinsaw Man if encountered alone). As worded and as I understand the rule, the die roll to increase the difficulty should trigger once (note the wording on the card says increase the difficulty of checkS to defeat). The game treats each check separately and rolls the difficulty increase twice, meaning the second check on the Skinsaw Man is increased by 2d4 and not 1d4.

2- Are you sure you didn't have any penalties pending? (Such as from failing the Wisdom check of Buniyup or other that affect you for the rest of the turn)

3A - You CAN chose (though I admit it's a bit finicky) - on the Temporary Close screen you can not only click the Location icons, but also the smaller hero icons to select the hero

3B- As people said - use the purple hand icon over the check. Note however, that the encountering hero DOESN'T HAVE to take the first check - he may take the second.

4 - Yes, by the rules the d4 must be applied separately (rolled twice); However, if you get *both* rolls applied to the second check - this is a bug.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

2- Are you sure you didn't have any penalties pending? (Such as from failing the Wisdom check of Buniyup or other that affect you for the rest of the turn)

3A - You CAN chose (though I admit it's a bit finicky) - on the Temporary Close screen you can not only click the Location icons, but also the smaller hero icons to select the hero

3B- As people said - use the purple hand icon over the check. Note however, that the encountering hero DOESN'T HAVE to take the first check - he may take the second.

4 - Yes, by the rules the d4 must be applied separately (rolled twice); However, if you get *both* rolls applied to the second check - this is a bug.

2. No, because the problem wasn't that the difficulty was higher, it was that the display of my bonus was not including the +2 to recharge.

3A. Ah, on the Temporary Close screen and not after it zooms in to the specific location? That's less embarrassing than missing the blue check indicator in 3B.

4. Then this is an odd way of reading the original text on the card, where the difficulty increase applies to "checks" and not simply the next check. I'll be more alert to the difficulty numbers next time this happens.

2. No, because the problem wasn't that the difficulty was higher, it was that the display of my bonus was not including the +2 to recharge.

3A. Ah, on the Temporary Close screen and not after it zooms in to the specific location? That's less embarrassing than missing the blue check indicator in 3B.

4. Then this is an odd way of reading the original text on the card, where the difficulty increase applies to "checks" and not simply the next check. I'll be more alert to the difficulty numbers next time this happens.

2. There are two types of modifiers - some are reflected in the 'Check' number - such as when fighting Skeleton with a Spear, or using a weapon that requires proficiency without having one.

However, there are modifiers reflected directly in you red 'modifier' box - such as when fighting Warlord or playing weapons at the Waterfront.

So if you had an effect form the second type that is equal to your bonus - it would be normal to have no modifier (as it is effectivly '0')

4. I dont have the physical rulebook with me, but there was a very specific sentence that instructs you that when a certain condition requires you to make a roll - you roll separately for each instance of that condition.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

#1 We'll look into these issues further thanks. What tablet are you using?

#2 Sounds like a bug and we'll look into this further if you can get a screenshot of before your bonus not applying before you roll that would be great (Tap the effects panel on the left before taking a screenshot)

#3 we'll be working on clarifying this process.

#4 If the penalty is applying twice then that is a bug.