Comprehensive video explanation of the rules

A few days ago, I posted a video explaining the rules of the game.

At the time, I figured this forum was the last place anybody would care about that video, since we were all so excited for the game to be released! However, I'm seeing a lot of posts now expressing confusion about the mechanics and the big picture, so I thought I'd share the link. I hope it helps!

I've also started a video series doing a 6-character playthrough. This was something that, again, I didn't think anybody at these forums would care about (since I thought you'd all be playing the game!), but it seems like there might be some interest in seeing the thought process behind a full playthrough, so I thought I'd share.

Merry gaming to all!

Edit: Thank you all for your kind words! I'm glad that folks find this video helpful. In case the embedded link above isn't working, here's a hyperlink to the explanation video: linky link.

Edited by Borissimo
  • Like 11

That was really nice! Good videos. I watched your playthrough 0.1 video, I like it when things get down to the wire. I beat the Villain on that scenario on my last turn. Got lucky. :)

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the video, it  helped explain to my friends about the game mechanics, but i cant customize my deck like you do in the video.

Looking back, I definitely should have been more clear on that point. Thanks for commenting here, though, so that I can explain! :)

You can ONLY customize your deck the way I do in the video if your party is brand new. Once you've played through a scenario, you can't customize your deck like that anymore. To make your own starting deck choices, create a new party.

Merry gaming!

• 4 weeks later...

You can ONLY customize your deck the way I do in the video if your party is brand new. Once you've played through a scenario, you can't customize your deck like that anymore. To make your own starting deck choices, create a new party.

By the way, that is something I always do... but to make the game harder, not easier! I swap the most useful Basic cards for useless junk; later, when I find a Cure spell (or even a Long Sword or a Sage) while exploring I think "I must have this boon" instead of "oh, I already have enough of these, I don't need this one"...  :dancing:

Cheers!

Mauricio

Edited by MauGibrin
  • Like 2