Chain Mail bug?

Tootzo

Question

The text on the card says you can recharge it to reduce combat damage by 2 or banish (bury if character has heavy armor proficiency) to reduce combat damage to 0.

When I play the chain mail, the options I have are Bury (using Kyra, who is proficient) and discard instead of recharge.

I'm not aware of an errata for the card and khans the physical game in Italian language, which has been translated after all the errata on English cards were out, and the card still says "recharge", not "discard", so I think it's not a typo on the card but an error in implementing its behavior.

4 answers to this question

The text on the card says you can recharge it to reduce combat damage by 2 or banish (bury if character has heavy armor proficiency) to reduce combat damage to 0.

When I play the chain mail, the options I have are Bury (using Kyra, who is proficient) and discard instead of recharge.

I'm not aware of an errata for the card and khans the physical game in Italian language, which has been translated after all the errata on English cards were out, and the card still says "recharge", not "discard", so I think it's not a typo on the card but an error in implementing its behavior.

Are you sure you didn't receive damage from a source other than Combat? (Fire from Black Fang, Poison from Pulbug Podiker...). In that case you got the right options as you can only bury the armor for the second power (which act vs. ALL types of damage, not only Combat) , while the discard option was the option where you select the armor to be one of the cards you throw for the received damage.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I lost to an enchanter by 2. I should suffer 2 combat damage that I should be able to prevent by recharging the armo and THEN the enchanter would deal me 1 fire damage that the armor can't prevent.

Since I was able to recharge the armor in a later game, I think the bug is in the enchanter card: somehow the combat damage and fire damage got mixed up and combat damage couldn't be prevented by the armor.

Oh no, wait! It's not a bug. It's me being an idiot. The fire damage comes BEFORE the combat damage. I couldn't recharge the armor because at that point the game was dealing my character the fire damage, not the combat damage.

Thank you for letting me look more closely in what was actually going on

• Like 1