CRASH BEGIN RANDOMLY HAVE TO BE CONSTANTLY

Senethril

Question

Hello, i really need help to contune adventures on this game, i am not sure why but this is the first time i can touch the real rpg i wanted for almost dozen of years after baldur gates stories, game that never crashed really constantly.

First and fast introduction, i played month without et without a main mod very well done named iemod, all works well, i installed a version above all next successfully, nothing is wrong with my install, i have buy the game on steam ,game never crashed only excpetion like fps decrease but very rarely.

This happend now everytimes i play in same region or same scenario, same scenario is out of the house middle of hearthsong with the baby and the others situations are located in caed nua level 8, i though it was constantly before i patch what is figured to fix crash in iemod last 5.2.1 patch.

I can't find any other solution to stop this for a while.

Any help is appreciated.

Can't load pdb file UnityPlayer_Symbols.pdb in visual studio.

SHould i need activate stack traces not provided ?

report.ini
output_log
error.log
crash.dmp

7 answers to this question

Hey Senethril,

Once 'mods' get involved we can't really do anything but speculate. Xaratas is correct, you should probably try a reinstall. I also recommend updating to the latest patch.

Also try disabling your IE mod and seeing if you still crash in those scenes.

I got your back

-Sking

The file 'D:/steam/SteamApps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data/level12' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

Verify your steam install, the log has many lines like this one.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86079-workarounds-and-troubleshooting-4-19-16/

Game is running Windows 32 Bit

Have you done the mentioned ram increase from here? http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86079-workarounds-and-troubleshooting-4-19-16/ Second from the bottom.

If you have and still have crashes it could well be, that the game tries to uses to much memory.

Ok i have seen the ram used was not fully used, i am going to try this, i use 2700 per application but my system 32 bit can use 16go, i am going to add more like 3200 but in log there was always around 400 free for the game.

Yes steam can fix broken files, i try this solution but i have to reinstall iemod each times hopefully that doesn't affect directly save already made.

Thank you i report later today anything happened.

Have a good day and thank for the time you took to help me.

++

I tried an integrity check with steam but this client tried to update pillars of eternity just after the check end with the button not clicked, so i canceled because iemod could not work properly in most version version, could i try choose a specific version of my game with steam if i need reinstall everything from 0 ?

Should i let him download after integrity check ? is they files needed only for check or check is about always last version ?

Hello i am back with bad news, as i said i check integrity of the game with steam that returned successfully but i canceled update to keep last version supported by the mod iemod , game 3.01.0977 instead of 3.02...

I increased max application memory to 3200(3092) and the game had 1000 free this time ,no changes in this way too,I continue to crahs in sames areas and log are really bigger, all the lines you mentionned about corrupted data are here too...

I really dont know what to do except wait again to update the game...

Logs are below:

full of is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

password poe http://tinyurl.com/hjtatmv password poe

In last resort i can try let steam update after the integrity check, maybe its not for the last version.

That is sad.

The Moderator Aarik would suggest a full reinstall.

Do you have Riva Tuner, MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X installed? They are known to cause crashes and as far as i am aware none of the patchnotes mentioned a fix.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71884-random-chrashing-possible-workaround/?hl=tuner&do=findComment&comment=1600667

I got theses errors and crashed due to the mod iemod, even in good last supported versions without any issues related earlier, i continue to believe its the case cause i deactivated this mod and no more problems with crash.

Thank you .