cannot encounter faceup barrier

magniTT

Question

OK, I failed a barrier "Collapsed ceiling". It was put faceup in my location. Then on subsequent turns I couldn't encounter it or anything else in my location. When I tap on location deck during encounter phase, the barrier is brought froward, but there's no "proceed" button on the right or anything. When I tap it again, it is put back on the deck. There is nothing I could do but end my turn :(

8 answers to this question

Interface issue. I did encounter this in the beta. You have to drag the card to the right part of the screen. Very hard, but can be done...

So don't click the card, but drag it to the upper part of the playing area...

Yep, you just can not know it. Very unintuitive and very hard to find out without someone telling what to do. I was saved by developer telling what should I do. Would have never find it out by my self.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 4

Interface issue. I did encounter this in the beta. You have to drag the card to the right part of the screen. Very hard, but can be done...

So don't click the card, but drag it to the upper part of the playing area...

Yep, you just can not know it. Very unintuitive and very hard to find out without someone telling what to do. I was saved by developer telling what should I do. Would have never find it out by my self.

This was brought up in the Beta and we are discussing the issue.

There's an additional issue with Collpased Ceiling: the card says that, when undefeated, any character at that location must encounter it on their *first* exploration.

However, if a character explores a second time during his turn (for example after failing the check to defeat collapsed ceiling and playing a blessing or ally to continue), he should encounter the first facedown card on the location deck. In PA, the game will force you to encounter the barrier over and over, which is not right.

There's an additional issue with Collpased Ceiling: the card says that, when undefeated, any character at that location must encounter it on their *first* exploration.

However, if a character explores a second time during his turn (for example after failing the check to defeat collapsed ceiling and playing a blessing or ally to continue), he should encounter the first facedown card on the location deck. In PA, the game will force you to encounter the barrier over and over, which is not right.

No, barriers stay always at the top and are always found until defeated or with some special means of evasion. Allies and blessings dont allow you to explore past a barrier, that behaviour is correct; the problem is that its not possible to ACTUALLY encounter it again, without the hidden procedure above.

No, barriers stay always at the top and are always found until defeated or with some special means of evasion. Allies and blessings dont allow you to explore past a barrier,

This is untrue. That's why the card specifically says 'on their FIRST exploration", and also why the Ceiling has this counter-intuitive interface decision (I suppose, I have never failed it on my first exploration, so I don't know where the Ceiling card goes if you fail it and explore past it with allies/blessings).

For what it's worth, from the card's wording I wouldn't assume you're able to explore past it either, but is long ago confirmed on the Paizo forums.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.