iOS Family Sharing - Season Pass Unlock

Zinger223

Question

Howdy!

I am enjoying the game a bunch so far and I bought the $25 Season Pass bundle to support you guys!!  

I did have a question and didn't see it directly addressed in the sticky posts.  Apologize if I missed it.  Anyhow, I went to restore Season Pass purchase on my wife's iPad and it shows Owned but none of the content is unlocked. I am hoping this is a bug and not some consumable IAP? I am guessing it should unlock all the content for her since the App Store account on her iPad uses the same as mine via Family Sharing. Would love some clarification.  Thanks!

Edited by Zinger223

10 answers to this question

Hmm so right now, if the user logs in with a different GameCenter account, it's technically a separate account all together and won't have any of the same content. If you are using the same Game Center account it will share the content.

Now, regardless of either path, you can't (currently) use the same iTunes account to purchase the product because it's marked as unique, meaning you can only own one.

A normal fix if the Season Pass / Bundle is not showing that it's contents are unlocked, is shutting the app down completely (hitting the home button twice, and swiping the app away), then starting it up again. If that doesn't fix it, please let us know!

We are also currently working on sharing the same account on multiple devices, but it's not currently ready to go public so if that would specifically interest you, I ask you just bare with us for a while until we can roll it out.

Hope I answered any questions you had! If you have any more, fire away! I'd love to help!

d(^_^)b

Howdy and thanks for the reply!  It sort of answers my question, but I may not have asked the original question as concisely as I could.  Let me give an example and see if it makes more sense.

We play Lords of Winterdeep together. I bought the full version and all IAP unlocks (Undermountain and Skullport) under my Apple ID. I was able to download and restore everything on her iPad. The same is true for Ascension, Carcassonne, Talisman and PuzzleStrike. Mind you she is still using her Game Center (Apple ID) but all purchases on her device are via my App Store account. 

I understand that consumable IAP are one shot deals,  in the case of your game, buying gold for example, but the $25 Season Pass bundle seems as though it should work the same as most board games. Hope that clears my question up and appreciate your reply!

I echo Zinger's comments. My husband and I certainly would not have spent the $25 for the bundle if we had known it would be treated as a consumable rather than as content. I'm assuming the way it's currently coded would also lock out separate GameCenter accounts used on the same iPad (such as for children or spouses without multiple tablets).

Hi again!

Thank you both for the clarification and verbalization of your concerns. I'm happy to report we are working on purchase restoration so that you will be able to unlock the same content with the same apple ID. It will not require an additional purchase on your wife's iPad.

Hi again!

Thank you both for the clarification and verbalization of your concerns. I'm happy to report we are working on purchase restoration so that you will be able to unlock the same content with the same apple ID. It will not require an additional purchase on your wife's iPad.

Woot!  Thanks much for the report!  Excellent news for lots of people and I know my wife and I sure do appreciate it!

Hi again!

Sorry, duplicate post.

Edited by kaplan

Hi again!

Will this work if my iPad is on a family plan with my wife, but I purchased the bundle on Android, or will we need to purchase it through the app store?

Hi again!

Will this work if my iPad is on a family plan with my wife, but I purchased the bundle on Android, or will we need to purchase it through the app store?

I don't think so.  Typically IAP carry over within a marketplace, but not across them.  Theoretically the $25 Season Pass purchased on your iPad would work on your wife's iPad as well so long as they are using the same Apple ID for iTunes App Store.  You would need to purchase the Season Pass again on Android I believe.

I just downloaded the game and purchased the RTR bundle last week after specifically checking the App Store to be sure that the app allowed Family Sharing (IOS) since the game price of $25 is a bit steep for a tablet game.  I am disappointed that my husband cannot access the paid content without using my Game Center login.  My understanding of IOS Family Sharing is that it allows family members to share apps without using the same Apple ID, so having to have each family device logged into the same Apple ID is counter to the purpose of the Family Sharing (as I understand it).  Is there a fix in the works that will allow the content to be truly shared as Family Sharing is intended?  

Thanks,

Allison R