[3.02] Kana Randomly Turns off Chant or adds copy Chant to bar

nem0

Question

I had a custom chanter turn off chant randomly but after deleting then reselecting chants it has not seemed to happen again.  However, Kana consistently turns off or creates a copy chant next to his real one. It has been happening since before the 3.0 update. I am not counting whenever he is stunned, charmed, etc though those may be part of the problem; his auto chant icon turns off and will deselect seconds after selecting it.

7 answers to this question

This is happening with my hired adventurer chanter as well.

Haven't been able to reliably fix it. Sometimes clearing and remaking chants helps, sometimes it doesn't.

I've noticed it doesn't happen with my PC chanter though, not that I've noticed. Possibly something to do with adding/dismissing messing things up.

Edited by Odd Hermit

Naming chants seems to affect this in an odd way. Dismissed and added once, and the problem seemed fixed at first. Then I did it a second time, and Chant A(which I had named) disappeared, but the named Chant B stayed.

/shrug.

I will have to go make a make a save file when the bug is triggering and report back.  Basically anytime during combat a chanter will turn off whichever chant is currently reciting go on cooldown and not come back on.  Occasionally it will create an identical copy of the chant in the action bar.  I have not been changing anything about my chanter when it happens just during combat, I suspect it may be triggered by some problem in between getting stunned, paralyzed, etc. anything that triggers chanting to halt temporarily.  If I go delete my chants and then repick them the chant will once more pop up on the music bars and then fully erase the second time I delete. Generally this stops the problem for a little bit until it is triggered again.