Supported Devices

Flounder

Question

Pathfinder Adventures supports iPAD 3 and up. 

While you may be able to play with older devices there are potential issues that can arise.  You also might have a better experience if you turn off "Effects" from the Setting menu.

This is a quick list of devices we have tested on:

Runs well:

iPad 4th Gen

iPad Air 2

iPad Pro

Galaxy Tab 3 Pro

Galaxy Tab A 8.0

Lenovo A10-70F

Runs poorly:

Asus ZenPad S 8.0

Asus Nexus 7

iPad Mini 1st Gen

RCA Voyager 7

Viking Pro

Tested Externally with no reported issues:

HTC Nexus 9

Nexus 7 2013

Nexus 10

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

Galaxy Tab 4 8.0

Galaxy Tab 4 10.1

Galaxy Tab S

Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Xperia Tablet Z

Xperia Z3 Tablet

T-Mobile Springboard

Nokia N1

Pantech Element

Asus MeMo Pad FHD10

Asus MeMo Pad HD7

iPad Mini 4

iPad Mini

iPad Air

iPad Retina 4th Gen

iPad Mini Retina

iPad Pro

Dell Venue 8

Toshiba Excite 7c

Lenovo Tab 2 A8

• Like 2

I believe they said they currently didn't have plans to distribute this app on the Amazon App Store, which is the most straight-forward was to get it onto Kindles.  I have no idea about side loading.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I have been running this with Air2 and it has been very smooth Ride with it. As i mentioned above, it is faster than Samsung Galaxy S2, so if you Are considering i-version, air2 is a good choise. iPad pro should be even faster, but i have not been able to test that... Quite expensive apparatus...

Interesting to see how new Samsung Galaxy S3 will handle this app.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I have been running this with Air2 and it has been very smooth Ride with it. As i mentioned above, it is faster than Samsung Galaxy S2, so if you Are considering i-version, air2 is a good choise. iPad pro should be even faster, but i have not been able to test that... Quite expensive apparatus...

Interesting to see how new Samsung Galaxy S3 will handle this app.

Thanks a lot!

I think that dev has been planning to smaller screen phones, so it is affecting big screen phones. But UI is always tinkering. If we think win8, win8.1, win10, win10 anniversary edition. It is basically the same and all the time there Are some changes. I Expect to see tinkering in here Also. In the long run the UI have to be useable in 34" 4K resolution PC monitor, when Steam version comes out. It Also have to work in Tiny iPhone se and some smaller Android devices. And that means some compromises... But Lets see when this new version matures a Little bit. When team tries out what work and what does not. The user feedback is important. They can not go back to old because it was not planned for phones, but They can change the new so that it will be better.

Give feedback what works and what does not work. Any good UI tries to avoid Many clicks because it makes the UI harder to use, so I personally wait improvements in that area. Somekind of zooming is must for smaller devices. I don't know how well the Ubity handles different UI options, but when smallest device is less than 4" and largest will be something like 105" 4K screen the task is not easy!

I am running this on my old ipad 2 with effects turned on - zero issues, runs really well...

Would love to know your secret. No luck here.

Same ditto.

On iPad2, I can run two characters (the free ones) with no problem. With a six-character party (two free plus character add-on pack), I can play for awhile, then the program crashes. Turning off effects, removing background programs, and restarting the iPad maybe helps, but the program will still crash. Haven't tried it without logging into the game center through the game center app, though.

I believe they said they currently didn't have plans to distribute this app on the Amazon App Store, which is the most straight-forward was to get it onto Kindles.  I have no idea about side loading.

I tried sideloading it on my Kindle Fire, but no luck.  Very disappointing -- I'm getting eyestrain from squinting at my phone.  The is not the first game I've been unable to play on it...  I am never buying a Kindle again.

It runs fine on a Xiaomi Mipad. It just gets a bit hot.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hello people .

I tried the game once it was released but since I only own a samsung galaxy s3 mini smartphone I waited until the game would be released on smartphones . Now that it is , I tried it on my phone but it does not work properly . It simply kicks me out at random times ( e.g. once it kicked me out at the world map after I selected bringadoom , another one it kicked me at the party selection etch ... ) and in general it never runs when I try to enter a scenario to play . Before all , I did turned off the effects option .

Do I need to fix some options or is better I try to find a tablet/new phone ( if that is the case please give me a suggestion of what should I choose - note that i prefer a phone ) .

Hello people .

I tried the game once it was released but since I only own a samsung galaxy s3 mini smartphone I waited until the game would be released on smartphones . Now that it is , I tried it on my phone but it does not work properly . It simply kicks me out at random times ( e.g. once it kicked me out at the world map after I selected bringadoom , another one it kicked me at the party selection etch ... ) and in general it never runs when I try to enter a scenario to play . Before all , I did turned off the effects option .

Do I need to fix some options or is better I try to find a tablet/new phone ( if that is the case please give me a suggestion of what should I choose - note that i prefer a phone ) .

Works fine on a Galaxy S5.

Help me ! i have payd your dlc but is not aviable new update is a problem oder anoder? show tis pleas money pay!

Check out that you Are Connected to game Center (iOs) or google play account.

See Also this: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89617-not-receiving-full-reward-from-store-purchase/

And this: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88500-updated-103-trouble-logging-in-here-is-a-workaround/

Remix mini seems to Also work now! Jolly good job!

I just played one scenario with Remix Mini and Bluetooth keyboard and it just worked really well! Ofcourse it was slow as .... but that is becauše remix mini has very slow prosessor, but the game did work, that was fantastic!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV