Supported Devices

Flounder

Question

Pathfinder Adventures supports iPAD 3 and up. 

While you may be able to play with older devices there are potential issues that can arise.  You also might have a better experience if you turn off "Effects" from the Setting menu.

This is a quick list of devices we have tested on:

Runs well:

iPad 4th Gen

iPad Air 2

iPad Pro

Galaxy Tab 3 Pro

Galaxy Tab A 8.0

Lenovo A10-70F

Runs poorly:

Asus ZenPad S 8.0

Asus Nexus 7

iPad Mini 1st Gen

RCA Voyager 7

Viking Pro

Tested Externally with no reported issues:

HTC Nexus 9

Nexus 7 2013

Nexus 10

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

Galaxy Tab 4 8.0

Galaxy Tab 4 10.1

Galaxy Tab S

Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Xperia Tablet Z

Xperia Z3 Tablet

T-Mobile Springboard

Nokia N1

Pantech Element

Asus MeMo Pad FHD10

Asus MeMo Pad HD7

iPad Mini 4

iPad Mini

iPad Air

iPad Retina 4th Gen

iPad Mini Retina

iPad Pro

Dell Venue 8

Toshiba Excite 7c

Lenovo Tab 2 A8

• Like 2

I am on an ipad imini first gen and having loads of crashes :-(

I had the same issue with my iPad Mini which initially had me worried but has been running pretty smoothly on my Galaxy Note 5 with just a few of the hiccups from it currently not being optimized.

I am on an ipad imini first gen and having loads of crashes :-(

I had the same issue with my iPad Mini which initially had me worried but has been running pretty smoothly on my Galaxy Note 5 with just a few of the hiccups from it currently not being optimized.
Bugger :-(

Loving the game, however don't know whether I can justify buying a new tablet just to play it. Will wait for the next version to decide

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

Works just fine on my Galaxy S4 (a phone, not a tablet), except for tiny text and some issues with adding characters to my party (for some reason this only works when I put my phone vertically and then drag their portraits/icons; does not work at all when my phone is held horizontally).

If we ignore the known problems with quest mode and my season pass not unlocking anything, the game works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 too, and the bigger screen ('compared to other phones like the S4 above) means that the text size is fine too for those that wonder.

Now I'm just waiting for a patch to fix the problems and I will be able to finally enjoy the game  :yes:

While not a device in traditional meaning of the word I'm reporting that Bluestacks (android emulator) works well with the game. Only problems are that small card texts are barely readable (workaround - click card to make it appear big) and some drag-actions (like party builder) are not as responsible as one might hope but once you learn the right way to use them it's as good as iPad (been testing with one, don't know gen though since it's device my gf got from school and haven't bothered with research :p )

So if you need to play the game with PC while waiting for Steam release go ahead and try it :)

• Like 1

The store won't sell it to me on my Asus TF101, which has Android 4.0.3, which in the requirements is listed as the minimal version :(

I'd swear someone mentioned this specific tablet...  It's not the version of Android so much as the chipset.  The chip (Tegra?) doesn't support an extension used by the game until you get to the Tegra 3 chips.  (This is from memory, so I may have the specifics wrong.)

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

The store won't sell it to me on my Asus TF101, which has Android 4.0.3, which in the requirements is listed as the minimal version :(

I'd swear someone mentioned this specific tablet...  It's not the version of Android so much as the chipset.  The chip (Tegra?) doesn't support an extension used by the game until you get to the Tegra 3 chips.  (This is from memory, so I may have the specifics wrong.)

It's the same person, and yes, your Android device's chipset must include NEON support.  Sadly, Tegra 2s do not.

And yeah, I posted a thread about this as well, and got an answer from the developers that the Tegra 2 chipset is not supported, unfortunately.

So I guess I'll either wait for the PC version, get a new tablet, or round up some friends, since I have all the games and adventures as actual physical cards anyway :)

I have been running on PC, windows 7 pro 64 bit, using Amiduos vv2.1.1 android emulatior. Has run successfully for 5 days with NO unexpected crashes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

May be the amounth of backround programs. In older device the system memory may be in very critical level. It other threats Many player has been guite sure that They Are running out of memory in Many situations. Smaller groups have been easier to handle and there has been less crashdowns with smaller amount of heroes in the croup.

I am considering upgrading my iPad mini (1st generation), since I get so many lockups.

The options would be an iPad mini 2 (also known as the first generationn iPad mini Retina) or iPad mini 4.

Now the price difference is still pretty substantial here (currently €140), although perhaps the iPad mini 4 goes down in price if Apple announces a new version (probably around September, but that is a bit off).

Both will get an update to iOS 10, but the mini 2 will probably be a bit slow then.

What information would be interesting for me:

- for everyone with an iPad mini 2; how many crashes/lockups do you get?

- tot the Devs (if they see this and they know the answer): what do you think about Pathfinder on iOS 10, will it decrease performance a lot? (in other words, do you think the mini 2 will still perform ok, or will you expect that the iPad mini 2 will experience the same performance issues the iPad mini 1 is having now on iOS 9?)

Is there a new Android tablet that runs this app amazingly well? I'm returning my ASUS ZenPad 8 S that I bought before this came out. Yes, it runs horribly.

What about the Galaxy S2, Shield Tablet or Nexus 9? I see that the Nexus 9 is listed as being tested externally, but how well does it run?