Swipe/Drag VS Tap - and how I lost my first game :)

Great job on this game guys - well worth the wait!

Installed the app and bought the pass ($35 Canadian) before I even started a game!  Thank you SO much for pricing the game at such an incredible value.

I know I read a while ago about swiping VS tapping and my issue is that it seems to be inconsistent so I don't know what I can swipe/drag and what I have to tap.  Specifically playing a card from your hand seems to need a tap, while giving a card to another character from your hand at the start of your turn seems to need a swipe/drag.  It's sometimes difficult to make the card go where you want.

My first game was Merisel, Lem and Seoni.  Some extremely bad rolls (1, 1, 2) killed off Merisel, but I had closed 3 locations and knew the Villain was up next for Lem due to a card giving me a peek.  I moved Seoni to the last location to be ready to temporarily close by fighting a Bandit Henchman - leaving me with just 1 card in the blessing deck.  Lem took the last turn drawing Jubrayl, and Seoni had the opportunity to close her location.

The Bandit Henchman was summoned, and all I had to do was use her spell.  I touched the spell and dragged it up...  The single D4 spun around the screen...  And all of a sudden I had lost.  Even though Lem easily bested Jubrayl, he escaped to Seoni's location and I ran out of turns.

The good news is that on my second attempt I royally cleaned house!

So anyway - some things drag, some things swipe, some things tap - I really wish it was consistent across the board with all cards/decks/dice/whatever being a TAP and then your options pop up:  Location Deck - Tap - Options (draw), (skip draw phase), Give Card Phase - Tap Card - Options (give card), (cancel).

Eolyn Trueblood

"Never Fear! Eolyn's Here!"

• Like 1

I wonder if this a technical performance issue on your system more than a problem with the UI design. I've seen a couple posts on the tech support forum about drag and drop not recognizing well, but it's been very responsive for me on an iPad 4 and two different Android emulators.

I almost always play cards by dragging and dropping into their target areas. The only time I really tap a card to play is when I want to zoom in and read the text. If I already have it up I'll tap to play it, but otherwise I feel I'm pretty consistent with dragging.

I've lost a game and/or a piece of my sanity by gently/accidentally brushing the daintiest molecule of a fingertip across a die before setting up an optimal roll.

Then other times I'm running my fingers all over those stubborn dice like a manic finger-painter, and, well, no dice.   :facepalm:

• Like 1

--/\/

For me, I think like a chess player (even though I never play chess).  Until I take my finger off, I'm not done.  However, if I put my finger on the dice and hold it there (because I'm rethinking my options), they roll.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I have also failed at least one combat check due to accidentally touching the die before I was ready to roll.

While this hasn't been an overwhelming problem and I certainly wouldn't want to have to hit a confirm box before every roll, I'd rather there was just a "roll dice" button somewhere out of the way than rolling being activated by merely touching the dice in the middle of the screen.

Great job on this game guys - well worth the wait!

Installed the app and bought the pass ($35 Canadian) before I even started a game!  Thank you SO much for pricing the game at such an incredible value.

I know I read a while ago about swiping VS tapping and my issue is that it seems to be inconsistent so I don't know what I can swipe/drag and what I have to tap.  Specifically playing a card from your hand seems to need a tap, while giving a card to another character from your hand at the start of your turn seems to need a swipe/drag.  It's sometimes difficult to make the card go where you want.

My first game was Merisel, Lem and Seoni.  Some extremely bad rolls (1, 1, 2) killed off Merisel, but I had closed 3 locations and knew the Villain was up next for Lem due to a card giving me a peek.  I moved Seoni to the last location to be ready to temporarily close by fighting a Bandit Henchman - leaving me with just 1 card in the blessing deck.  Lem took the last turn drawing Jubrayl, and Seoni had the opportunity to close her location.

The Bandit Henchman was summoned, and all I had to do was use her spell.  I touched the spell and dragged it up...  The single D4 spun around the screen...  And all of a sudden I had lost.  Even though Lem easily bested Jubrayl, he escaped to Seoni's location and I ran out of turns.

The good news is that on my second attempt I royally cleaned house!

So anyway - some things drag, some things swipe, some things tap - I really wish it was consistent across the board with all cards/decks/dice/whatever being a TAP and then your options pop up:  Location Deck - Tap - Options (draw), (skip draw phase), Give Card Phase - Tap Card - Options (give card), (cancel).

Eolyn Trueblood

I've had a few times where I got messed up by that too, I think the interface works, it just takes a bit of getting used to maybe.

When you drag, you have to drag to the correct area. Most spells need to be dragged to the discard pile, since they are discarded when used. (some need to be displayed to be used, and resolve from being displayed: Cure and Strength being the ones I see most often.

I play on an IPad Air.  I would LOVE to play on my IPhone 6+ but alas Apple won't let me download it to the phone :)

So, since I can't play on my phone I downloaded "Andy" for my PC so I can play the Android version on my PC.  It is MUCH easier to work with the mouse than the touch screen when 'swiping/dragging' as there is no way to screw it up with the mouse.

The issue with the touch screen is where it ends up doing something you don't want - i.e. I move my finger to the screen to drag a card to the discard pile, but end up not quite getting my finger in the right spot so it goes ahead and rolls the dice -  it seems to me that you don't actually need to touch any of the dice to force the roll, just swipe somewhere in the middle area of the screen.

Obviously adding more clicks/confirmations/whatever would upset people who like things the way they are.  I just wish there was an option to only roll the dice by clicking a button rather than using the swipe as that is the one thing that you can't click the "X" to undo if you swipe by accident.

Eolyn Trueblood

• Like 2

This was discussed in beta. 

More voices and it moves up the list of things that they should be working on, but aren't because they are too busy running around taking shirtless pictures.

I want there to be swipe for everything and a button for everything. That would be ideal.