[3.02] Items reducing afflictions duration not working properly

Ronin@

Question

It's very likely that this issue isn't limited to just Pike's Pride but It's the only one I've tested so far. The armor is supposed to shorten the durations of stun and prone effects by 50%. My tests show that it actually shortens them by 33.3%. Moreover, the penalties applied by those 2 afflictions seem to last for the original full duration.

Ex2J6cI.jpg

Edited by Ronin@

8 answers to this question

Similar problem with Fenwalkers, only this time they shorten the duration more than they should (4.5 sec instead of 3):

Nice catch :)

Instead of (12*1.5)-3, it seems to be (12-3)*1.5, fenwalkers reduction scaling together with the hit quality.

Edited by MaxQuest

Hi Ronin, just curious, how do you do testing of things like that? I see on your screenshots that you force attack one party member with another, but do you do anything else to make testing easier? Create a custom party with characters with all 10s for attributes for example, or some stuff like that?

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Hi Gairnulf,

Well, it depends on what you're putting to test. Attributes don't really matter. Their effect on everything is pretty straightforward so they're out of the equation. I used to do that at first ( create a custom party with all 10s for attributes) but later I found out that there's nothing secret about attributes. They do exactly what the tooltip says they do. 

If you want to test some things make sure you have a special save for that purpose. There's this strange bug that when you kill a companion to make space for another one the game doesn't let you add the new one to the party. The UI works fine and you can move the new hireling to the party but when you close the UI he isn't there. That companion slot becomes unusable for good.