Beat all scenarios through deck 2 on legendary difficulty using Lem. Through all my testing I was never able to accomplish this feat.

I'm not sure there is a way to prove you have done such an amazing thing, but if you manage to do this let me know. I'll say your name and something nice about you in a casual conversation.

• Like 3

So far, Approach to Thistletop has been my hardest mission on increased difficulty. +2d4 for all goblin difficulties, plus another 2 at the goblin fort, I had to run it 3 times to get it with Kyra/Meri just on Heroic. So far no real issues with any of the others, even on Legendary, but that one was tricksy. Curious how Lem solo fares.

Did you take Lem through the other Difficulties FIRST to beef him up, or did you start him with a fresh deck in Legendary Brigandoom!?  (Is the latter even possible?)

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

You could start him in Legendary with a fresh deck as long as you have unlocked legendary with another party. :)

AND NOTHING BAD WOULD HAPPEN...

Is that your intent with this challenge?

• Like 1

You could start him in Legendary with a fresh deck as long as you have unlocked legendary with another party. :)

Of course that's how I'm going to do it! Started on it now, but as you said, it's kinda hard to prove (I'm making screenshots of the map with all but one location closed, showing the connections between locations to prove it's Legendary, and screenshots of Lem defeating the villain at that location to prove he won and you can also see he's alone in both of those).

i'm pretty jealous you managed this already. Lem is my absolute favorite character, <3<3<3 and my goto in the paper game.  but .. i'm ashamed to say I didn't buy him first.  I wanted to try characters I don't normally play.  BUT as soon as I have another 1500 gp i'll pickup Lem and join you in the Legendary Lem club!

Hurray! It is a very exclusive club only for refined and eloquent halfling gentlemen. *nods sagely, smoking pipe*

And what can I say, since I already had him unlocked (bought the bundle right away, even though I have all of it in physical form already... I love this game), I just had to do it! And it was fun, so I was pretty eager to do it quickly, at that!

• Like 3

Lem was my first unlock.  He's the second character I played in the card game (specifically, Class Deck Lem, the scary one) after Merisiel (who, to be fair, was the only character in that group who didn't die).  After my Guild-Lem died (skinny-dipping in the Abyssal River, trying to entice the hot Kyra twins in), I've been forcing myself to play someone else so I don't get hung on a theme.  I've since played Fighters and Monks, Sorcerers and Druids, Barbarians and Bloodragers, Wizards and Paladins.

But in the video game, he's been in every party since I unlocked him.

Mission accomplished.  I won't try to emulate your epic retelling, but I will say we had difficulty in the same places.

I'd like to know how you developed lem on the other thread.  I made some decisions I kind of regret.

Mission accomplished.  I won't try to emulate your epic retelling, but I will say we had difficulty in the same places.

I'd like to know how you developed lem on the other thread.  I made some decisions I kind of regret.

Posted my feat selections and current deck in the other thread!

• 2 weeks later...

I also completed the mission, starting with a fresh deck. I played with permadeath on, but ended up just forfeiting during a few untimely encounters after a handful of restarts. I definitely had trouble with Gogmurt and Nualia, but things went a lot smoother by the time I got to Xanesha.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed the Hook Mountain Massacre on legendary with Lem. Everything took multiple tries except Here comes the Flood, but ended going back to that to pick up a better attack spell to defeat the ogres that would often get an additional 4 or 5 to their difficulty in the next scenario. The last villain beat me down a few times because I didn't roll well, and while I was capable of defeating him on any of my three runs where I had him on top of the deck in the last location, the ways the rolls went, I on,y actually got him when he didn't have any increase to his difficulty.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

If this were S&S it would be possible, due to him being able to song his own checks.

He can, post-role. Even then, I shudder to think about people trying to slog through Legendary Thassilonian Sins. Best case, the final villain will be with Combat 45 / Arcane 38. Even with optimal deck and hand, the odds are overwhelmingly against you. (If they have overlooked this in coding the Legendary condition - you might luck into/arrange to fight Orsimandus last and beat him with a Diplomacy 14 check, but still...)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

• 2 months later...

So, I'm giving this a try... I've just defeated scenario 1.3 Trouble in Sandpoint and things have been going extremely smoothly so far.

This is my first playthrough with a party below 5 members and I noticed the blessings timer is nearly inconsequential and the real challenge seems to be staying alive. I never have to do a single extra exploration... I have an Acolyte in my deck even!

That said, Lem can pretty much heal himself every turn he draws a spell (provided he has already drawn Cure at some point), so he's pretty much immortal.

I'm just wondering if, for that reason, Lem is the easiest character to go solo with. I may be talking crap here, just wanted to hear opinions. Which would be the hardest?