Oscar Winner Alicia Vikander Cast as Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot

ktchong

Ah, another woman with the figure of young boy, how wonderful.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What. You tell me Angelina Jolie was younger than 27 when she played Lara??? I never even thought of that before. I mean, not that I think she looked old in the movies, but somehow I never expected her to be under 27.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What. You tell me Angelina Jolie was younger than 27 when she played Lara??? I never even thought of that before. I mean, not that I think she looked old in the movies, but somehow I never expected her to be under 27.

Jolie was 26. Not much difference there, to be honest.

I've liked Vikander in everything I've seen, she's a strong actress (even if Daisy Ridley seemed to be more like Reboot Lara made flesh).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This girl barely looks 20. Jolie looked like a grown woman who could be an experience adventureress. That said, she can still do a good job but to many whiners that ain't goode nough. You gotta cast 80 year olds in these starring roles.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Given that they're planning to follow re-boot Lara, I think looking young will be a plus.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Given that they're planning to follow re-boot Lara, I think looking young will be a plus.

am admitted interested not in lara croft/tomb raider, but if a filmmaker is planning on doing multiple actiony movies with the same attractive female lead, it makes sense to start with a younger actress. gotta plan for future, no?  hope for three movies and you are gonna be looking at at least five years between filming o' the first and third flick, no?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am admitted interested not in lara croft/tomb raider, but if a filmmaker is planning on doing multiple actiony movies with the same attractive female lead, it makes sense to start with a younger actress. gotta plan for future, no?  hope for three movies and you are gonna be looking at at least five years between filming o' the first and third flick, no?

HA! Good Fun!

Indeed, which is why everyone was putting money on 24 year old Daisy Ridley.

This girl barely looks 20. Jolie looked like a grown woman who could be an experience adventureress.

That's the point of casting Alicia Vikander to play the new rebooted version of Lara Croft: she is young and inexperienced.

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 1