Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Known Issues (And some possible fixes) in 1.0.2

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2307 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Best way is not to cancel any played effect. The problem is with displayed cards, so if card effect say that you Display card, think hard before displaying that card because cancelling is no good for those cards. This is well known issue, so the patch is coming, but is it in the next patch, or patch after that... We will see.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 11 May 2016 - 11:05 AM.

whoopdido

whoopdido

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts

Often when i add a weapon in a fight the monster challenge goes up as well. "We are not just talking skeletons getting +3 here"

Just fought a bandit on elite where when i used my +1 longsword he went from his regular 8 challenge rating to a 14. Anyone else having this problem?

I've had this happen to me too.  I'm almost positive it wasn't a "if not proficient..." issue nor was it a wildcard thing.  I would just play a weapon and all of a sudden the bane would go from 8 to 11 or whatever.  I guess I could have been overlooking something, but I don't know what it would have been.  I'm only using Valeros, Harsk, Ezren and Kyra and it only seems to happen when a character other than Valeros or Harsk uses a weapon and I've made a point of only keeping weapons that DO NOT require the character to be proficient.  I've gotten to the point where I just don't use weapons with Kyra or Ezren even though I should be able to use the ones that don't require proficiency.

phenyks

phenyks

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
Playing Approach to Thistletop with Kyra, Merisiel, Sajan, and Ezran (in that order). Ezran encountered the Collapsed Ceiling barrier in The Woods, and failed his check. I moved Merisiel there to defeat it, but now there are no interface buttons that will allow either character to encounter the barrier a second time. I restarted the game, but it had the same results. I can zoom in on the barrier card, but no interface options appear.

Cards in hand
M: Longbow+1, Mwork Tools, Sage's Journal, Dagger+1
E: Guard, Invisibility, Cape of Escape, Mirror Image, Qtrstaff, Stride

ArchSenex

ArchSenex

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Playing Approach to Thistletop with Kyra, Merisiel, Sajan, and Ezran (in that order). Ezran encountered the Collapsed Ceiling barrier in The Woods, and failed his check. I moved Merisiel there to defeat it, but now there are no interface buttons that will allow either character to encounter the barrier a second time. I restarted the game, but it had the same results. I can zoom in on the barrier card, but no interface options appear.
Cards in hand
M: Longbow+1, Mwork Tools, Sage's Journal, Dagger+1
E: Guard, Invisibility, Cape of Escape, Mirror Image, Qtrstaff, Stride

This usually requires manually dragging the card into the play area. It's a counter Intuitive uI quirk. No button, gotta drag.

hapycamper

hapycamper

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Any advice for a workaround on the quest victory award screen?  

I'm playing 2 brand new and 1 experienced character who is getting an ally award.  The two new characters get to choose their card type and get awarded it...   but when it comes time for the experienced character (the druid) to earn their ally card, the card appears (I can tap on it or not - but it won't flip around) and then it floats up off the top of the screen and the game hangs...

So, is my quest mode shut down until some future bug fix?

Rein00

Rein00

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

I'm playing 2 brand new and 1 experienced character who is getting an ally award.  The two new characters get to choose their card type and get awarded it...   but when it comes time for the experienced character (the druid) to earn their ally card, the card appears (I can tap on it or not - but it won't flip around) and then it floats up off the top of the screen and the game hangs...

This is the exact bug I just got. Haven't found a workaround yet.

Kamikazi

Kamikazi

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 63 posts

The workaround is selecting the next character before you hit the blue triangle. At least that did it for me.

As to the cards getting stuck on a cancel. As a workaround I hit menu, go to vault (in the vault the card stays in the middle of the screen). Then when I exit the vault it's back in my hand.

• Hastur and CanisDirus like this

CanisDirus

CanisDirus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

The workaround is selecting the next character before you hit the blue triangle. At least that did it for me.

As to the cards getting stuck on a cancel. As a workaround I hit menu, go to vault (in the vault the card stays in the middle of the screen). Then when I exit the vault it's back in my hand.

Shockingly, this workaround worked for me!  Thank you!

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Nice! Thanks for the workarounds Kamikazi!

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Also guys, if you find any bugs that are not reported here, please make a new thread about it. We don't read this thread very much. Its just mainly to update the list and let everyone know whats going. 

We are getting quite a bit of duplicate posts on the forums, so please read this thread and search the forums before you post! Knowing is half the battle!

Thank you guys so much for helping us make this game great! Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

hapycamper

hapycamper

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the workaround! I was amazed it worked. A little surprised I didn't accidentally find it with all my attempts...

(Re: posting. I posted here as I was hoping someone might help me out, I assumed it was a known issue... Searching for a solution of that sort is tricky, as there isn't a error code or anything and I assume there has been a number of hang bugs.

Thanks all!

Sweet_Sadie

Sweet_Sadie

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 46 posts
When will version 1.0.3 be available for the iPad. Currently 1.0.2 is last version.

Thanks, Sadie

belial1134

belial1134

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

I bought 5 chests (2500 gold). I went to open a chest and nothing happened. I tried a few more times and my 5 chests went to 3 chests (no cards were displayed) and now I have a chest that won't open nor can I use the back button or any other button on that screen

Essentially, I can't even play the game now as it's just stuck on that screen...any work arounds and did I lose my chests?

belial1134

belial1134

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Playing Approach to Thistletop

It rolled for the modify goblins, but then no interface buttons to click on

I quit game, came back and it did the same thing

Any fixes/workarounds? Or do I have to try forfeit game?

Steelbeard

Steelbeard

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

In pathfinder adventure card game "you" means all characters, so it is plurar.

This is not true at all.  "You" refers only to the player who is making the check, encountering the card, etc.  They would not have changed this in the digital version from the tabletop version.

Goblin Warchanter says "Before the encounter, succeed at a Wisdom 8 check or you may not play spells with the attack trait or weapons."

Other players who are not encountering this card can help the player who is, but helping cards are not weapons or attack spells.  Weapons and attack spells say "for YOUR combat check" which means other players cannot play those to help attack a monster anyway.  Why would anyone at the location besides the player encountering this card need to make the Wisdom 8 check?

KhalilAyoub

KhalilAyoub

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Just encountered a weird bug.
Just finished a quest with four characters, each at a different level. Seoni's first quest.
The end result was everyone going up one level and Seoni going up 6. Merisiel 22, Kyra 18, Ezren 11, and Seoni 6.
But nobody got their rewards, except Kyra got a card, and it moved on to the deck selection screen.
After finishing everything up, I checked to see if I missed something, but the Completion tab does say they completed those levels.
Seoni missed a skill and power feat - no big deal since she is a new character.
But Merisiel missed a skill feat at level 22 which is painful.

Note that both Seoni and Merisiel died in the quest, but since it is not a "scenario" I assumed the bug did not apply and I didn't have to quit since they died.

Any chance thee is a work around for this, or do I have to restart my Merisiel?

iammikeDOTorg

iammikeDOTorg

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:iammikeDOTorg

When will version 1.0.3 be available for the iPad. Currently 1.0.2 is last version.

Thanks, Sadie

Also wanting to know. App review is 1-2 days currently so it shouldn't be long after they've blessed it.

ArchSenex

ArchSenex

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hi,

Just finished a quest with four characters, each at a different level. Seoni's first quest.
The end result was everyone going up one level and Seoni going up 6. Merisiel 22, Kyra 18, Ezren 11, and Seoni 6.
But nobody got their rewards, except Kyra got a card, and it moved on to the deck selection screen.
After finishing everything up, I checked to see if I missed something, but the Completion tab does say they completed those levels.

Note that both Seoni and Merisiel died in the quest, but since it is not a "scenario" I assumed the bug did not apply and I didn't have to quit since they died.

You're possibly hitting two separate bugs (although it sounds more like the first, but you would have hit the second if they'd lived):

1)  If a character dies, they get no reward, whether it's in Story mode or Quest mode.  In quest mode, they still accumulate XP, which means that it will burn their rewards.

2)  If you have mixed-level parties, it's almost guaranteed that the lower level character will miss out on their feat.  It has to do with the UI being funky and not allowing you to select the proper feat, resulting in them missing it.  There's also a cosmetic bug around card awards but you can fiddle with the UI to get around that one.

ArchSenex

ArchSenex

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

In pathfinder adventure card game "you" means all characters, so it is plurar.

This is not true at all.  "You" refers only to the player who is making the check, encountering the card, etc.  They would not have changed this in the digital version from the tabletop version.

Goblin Warchanter says "Before the encounter, succeed at a Wisdom 8 check or you may not play spells with the attack trait or weapons."

Other players who are not encountering this card can help the player who is, but helping cards are not weapons or attack spells.  Weapons and attack spells say "for YOUR combat check" which means other players cannot play those to help attack a monster anyway.  Why would anyone at the location besides the player encountering this card need to make the Wisdom 8 check?

Yeah, the card is just phrased horribly.

So, according to the clarification, "You" refers to whoever has encountered a triggering condition.  So when a card says "Before you encounter Bob, roll X" since the encountering is the trigger, it's clear.

Goblin Warchanter has TWO major issues.  #1, it doesn't list the trigger, and #2 it doesn't list any expiration.  It should read "Before encountering, each player rolls..." to be consistent with pretty much every card, so that the roll becomes the trigger condition.  Also, it should say may not play on that check.

There is ONE scenario where it matters, playing Ranged weapons to help the check, otherwise you're 100% right, and the power will NEVER have any effects because all other plays of weapons or spells can only happen on your encounter.

There are other cards that are poorly phrased too, like Wrathful Sinspawn, which is "Before the encounter, succeed..." which ALSO has no explicit trigger.  It should be "Before you encounter" which is how it behaves.

KhalilAyoub

KhalilAyoub

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Hi,

You're possibly hitting two separate bugs (although it sounds more like the first, but you would have hit the second if they'd lived):

1)  If a character dies, they get no reward, whether it's in Story mode or Quest mode.  In quest mode, they still accumulate XP, which means that it will burn their rewards.

2)  If you have mixed-level parties, it's almost guaranteed that the lower level character will miss out on their feat.  It has to do with the UI being funky and not allowing you to select the proper feat, resulting in them missing it.  There's also a cosmetic bug around card awards but you can fiddle with the UI to get around that one.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I noticed that the bug is fixed in 1.0.3.
Does fixed mean that it will grant characters who missed their feats in 1.0.2, or is that too much to hope for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users