Known Issues (And some possible fixes) in 1.0.2

Sylvanta

Question

Hello everyone!

We're listening and looking into the issues that are being reported.  Below is a list of known issues.

Please Note:

While Android phones can download the game, phones, emulators, and smart TVs are not currently supported.  We plan to have an official launch on phones in the coming months, with a better UI and better optimization for them.

Known Issues

HOT ISSUES:

- Card stuck in the middle of the screen after canceling. 

WorkaroundIf your card gets stuck on the screen, go to menu > vault > exit vault. The card should now be back in your hand.

Performance/Crashing Issues

- Performance issues on Main Screen or when Character Health is low on some devices

Fix: Open options and turn off "Effects".

- Crashing when character has low health (particularly on iPad 2 and older)

Fix: Open options and turn off "Effects".

- Sometimes you'll be unable to load your party and see the banner with overlapping text in the middle of the screen

Potential Workaround:  Clear the app cache and/or play through the tutorial again.

Interface Issues

- Certain card interactions that require a drag are missing a button option

- You currently cannot view character's abilities and cards in the store.

Network

- Network Connection issues (Frequent popups even when there is a strong wifi connection)

Potential Workaround: Ensure you're connected to Gamecenter / Google Play games

- Can't login with Google Play Account

Potential Workaround: Clear cache on the game app and Google Plays app, then sign back in to Google Plays.

Gameplay

- Seelah: Using Inspired Grace when Illsoari Gandethus is on top of the deck causes problems.

- Cannot use Potion of Ghostly form to evade Poison Trap henchman

- Rat Swarm at the Garrison causes a literal Rat Swarm to happen

- Seelah's Insprired Grace can see the next card in the deck

- Lini's Beastform is not recalculating extra strength dice that were added before power activation

- Rare the Game is not doing math correctly for dice rolls

- Using Mending can cause progression breaks

Purchase Issues

- Character Add-On not being granted with the Rise of the Runelords Bundle

Fix: Go to this thread and follow instructions so we can resolve the issue.

As of 7:00pm PST, 4/28 anyone with this issue should have it resolved.  Restart the game and the deck should be part of your bundle.

- Daily Gold purchase problems

Potential Workaround: If the timer seems to have reset and you don't have a button, restart the app to display the button

- Bundle Purchase showing as owned but not granting characters

Possible Fixes:

• Restart the app
  • Log out/in of Game Center / Google Play Games
  • If you are logged in properly and can access the characters or adventures part of the store, contact support at support@obsidian.net
Edited by Aarik D
  • Like 1

I bought 5 chests (2500 gold). I went to open a chest and nothing happened. I tried a few more times and my 5 chests went to 3 chests (no cards were displayed) and now I have a chest that won't open nor can I use the back button or any other button on that screen

Essentially, I can't even play the game now as it's just stuck on that screen...any work arounds and did I lose my chests?

In pathfinder adventure card game "you" means all characters, so it is plurar.

This is not true at all.  "You" refers only to the player who is making the check, encountering the card, etc.  They would not have changed this in the digital version from the tabletop version.

Goblin Warchanter says "Before the encounter, succeed at a Wisdom 8 check or you may not play spells with the attack trait or weapons."

Other players who are not encountering this card can help the player who is, but helping cards are not weapons or attack spells.  Weapons and attack spells say "for YOUR combat check" which means other players cannot play those to help attack a monster anyway.  Why would anyone at the location besides the player encountering this card need to make the Wisdom 8 check?

Hi,

Just encountered a weird bug.

Just finished a quest with four characters, each at a different level. Seoni's first quest.

The end result was everyone going up one level and Seoni going up 6. Merisiel 22, Kyra 18, Ezren 11, and Seoni 6.

But nobody got their rewards, except Kyra got a card, and it moved on to the deck selection screen.

After finishing everything up, I checked to see if I missed something, but the Completion tab does say they completed those levels.

Seoni missed a skill and power feat - no big deal since she is a new character.

But Merisiel missed a skill feat at level 22 which is painful.

Note that both Seoni and Merisiel died in the quest, but since it is not a "scenario" I assumed the bug did not apply and I didn't have to quit since they died.

Any chance thee is a work around for this, or do I have to restart my Merisiel?

Hi,

Just finished a quest with four characters, each at a different level. Seoni's first quest.

The end result was everyone going up one level and Seoni going up 6. Merisiel 22, Kyra 18, Ezren 11, and Seoni 6.

But nobody got their rewards, except Kyra got a card, and it moved on to the deck selection screen.

After finishing everything up, I checked to see if I missed something, but the Completion tab does say they completed those levels.

Note that both Seoni and Merisiel died in the quest, but since it is not a "scenario" I assumed the bug did not apply and I didn't have to quit since they died.

You're possibly hitting two separate bugs (although it sounds more like the first, but you would have hit the second if they'd lived):

1)  If a character dies, they get no reward, whether it's in Story mode or Quest mode.  In quest mode, they still accumulate XP, which means that it will burn their rewards.

2)  If you have mixed-level parties, it's almost guaranteed that the lower level character will miss out on their feat.  It has to do with the UI being funky and not allowing you to select the proper feat, resulting in them missing it.  There's also a cosmetic bug around card awards but you can fiddle with the UI to get around that one.

This is not true at all.  "You" refers only to the player who is making the check, encountering the card, etc.  They would not have changed this in the digital version from the tabletop version.

Goblin Warchanter says "Before the encounter, succeed at a Wisdom 8 check or you may not play spells with the attack trait or weapons."

Other players who are not encountering this card can help the player who is, but helping cards are not weapons or attack spells.  Weapons and attack spells say "for YOUR combat check" which means other players cannot play those to help attack a monster anyway.  Why would anyone at the location besides the player encountering this card need to make the Wisdom 8 check?

Yeah, the card is just phrased horribly.

So, according to the clarification, "You" refers to whoever has encountered a triggering condition.  So when a card says "Before you encounter Bob, roll X" since the encountering is the trigger, it's clear.

Goblin Warchanter has TWO major issues.  #1, it doesn't list the trigger, and #2 it doesn't list any expiration.  It should read "Before encountering, each player rolls..." to be consistent with pretty much every card, so that the roll becomes the trigger condition.  Also, it should say may not play on that check.

There is ONE scenario where it matters, playing Ranged weapons to help the check, otherwise you're 100% right, and the power will NEVER have any effects because all other plays of weapons or spells can only happen on your encounter.

There are other cards that are poorly phrased too, like Wrathful Sinspawn, which is "Before the encounter, succeed..." which ALSO has no explicit trigger.  It should be "Before you encounter" which is how it behaves.

Hi,

You're possibly hitting two separate bugs (although it sounds more like the first, but you would have hit the second if they'd lived):

1)  If a character dies, they get no reward, whether it's in Story mode or Quest mode.  In quest mode, they still accumulate XP, which means that it will burn their rewards.

2)  If you have mixed-level parties, it's almost guaranteed that the lower level character will miss out on their feat.  It has to do with the UI being funky and not allowing you to select the proper feat, resulting in them missing it.  There's also a cosmetic bug around card awards but you can fiddle with the UI to get around that one.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I noticed that the bug is fixed in 1.0.3.

Does fixed mean that it will grant characters who missed their feats in 1.0.2, or is that too much to hope for?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I noticed that the bug is fixed in 1.0.3.

Does fixed mean that it will grant characters who missed their feats in 1.0.2, or is that too much to hope for?

I'd be pleasantly surprised if it is, but I would plan to make new characters.

The dying bug is fixed, but the mixed level feat bug has yet to be confirmed, so if it isn't fixed there will still be issues, so here's hoping.

Well, you actually can discard some ranged weapons to add 1d4 to a combat check elsewhere, so the roll might still apply to all characters in the party.

Then there was this clarification by Paizo a few years ago: when a bane you are encountering has a power that limits what YOU can do, that limit applies to any character who wants to do those things.

So I think that Obsidian went the conservative way or the game just needs to know each character's limitations before taking any action, so it make you roll the Wisdom check for ALL characters, so that the game knows what cards each of them can play during that encounter.

A week later and my quest mode is still utterly unplayable due to the reward card shooting off the screen when you try to turn it over.

Any eta on a fix for this? Not pleased on spending $25 for a game that is half (actually more since quest mode is the main way of attaining gold) broken.

I think this is something new - during the action phase after revealing a card, I decide to not go with that card and try and reverse the selection with the big red X. However the card does not return to my hand, but ends up discarded (and remains as a ghost image in the play area). Something similar also occurs during combat resolution - I will select a piece or armor or perhaps an item, change my mind and reverse it, again with the big red x, but in this case the amount of original damage jumps up - last time I experienced this the damage increased from 2 to 6 points. (iOS version, iPad Pro, both up to date, as is the Pathfinder App, as of today's date).

• Like 1

A week later and my quest mode is still utterly unplayable due to the reward card shooting off the screen when you try to turn it over.

Any eta on a fix for this? Not pleased on spending $25 for a game that is half (actually more since quest mode is the main way of attaining gold) broken.

This should be fixed in the patch that is about to be released, but there is already a way to solve your problem.

Your problem should be linked to a party with heroes of different levels. You first select the lower level reward normally, this one should work, but then do not click yet on the blue "continue" arrow to the right of the screen. Select the higher level her, the one with the bug, and only when he is selected (he should still be in red, but with a small aura), then you click continue. This time the reward card should display correctly

This is probably known already, but today I played a quest and the scenario was the one with the effect that shuffles the henchmen back to their decks if you fail to close their location. At least this is what I got from reading the effect. Instead, every time I defeated a henchman, and before the attempt to close the location, the henchman was shuffled in a random open location. I can't say I dislike this bug (if it is indeed a bug and I got everything right) as it gives you more chances at defeating a henchman and closing location.

Edited by Narkon27
  • Like 1

This is probably known already, but today I played a quest and the scenario was the one with the effect that shuffles the henchmen back to their decks if you fail to close their location. At least this is what I got from reading the effect. Instead, every time I defeated a henchman, and before the attempt to close the location, the henchman was shuffled in a random open location. I can't say I dislike this bug (if it is indeed a bug and I got everything right) as it gives you more chances at defeating a henchman and closing location.

I have seen this as well, for what it's worth.

• Like 1

Any advice for a workaround on the quest victory award screen?  

I'm playing 2 brand new and 1 experienced character who is getting an ally award.  The two new characters get to choose their card type and get awarded it...   but when it comes time for the experienced character (the druid) to earn their ally card, the card appears (I can tap on it or not - but it won't flip around) and then it floats up off the top of the screen and the game hangs...

So, is my quest mode shut down until some future bug fix?

This is the exact bug I just got. Haven't found a workaround yet.

The workaround is selecting the next character before you hit the blue triangle. At least that did it for me.

As to the cards getting stuck on a cancel. As a workaround I hit menu, go to vault (in the vault the card stays in the middle of the screen). Then when I exit the vault it's back in my hand.

This is awesome!  I haven't been to the board for a while, but it's great that I can have a problem, come back to do a search, and have everything resolved literally within 2 minutes.  ...And it was less than two minutes.

I've had the game hang a handful of times, but I'm doing the last scenario of the second pack with a new party on the middle setting and it got jammed on the second Xanesha check.  Thank you, Kamikazi!  You are a glorious pathfinder guru!

My latest bugs as of today (New ones to me since the update!)

Quests are not updating my gold amount, There is no wisdom check before Goblin Warchanter shuts down my weapons and spells, Some henchmen powers are not activating, or are out of phase. Some weapons are subtracting -4 for proficiency when they don't require it. I had more,  I will update as I recall them :/