Known Issues (And some possible fixes) in 1.0.2

Sylvanta

Question

Hello everyone!

We're listening and looking into the issues that are being reported.  Below is a list of known issues.

Please Note:

While Android phones can download the game, phones, emulators, and smart TVs are not currently supported.  We plan to have an official launch on phones in the coming months, with a better UI and better optimization for them.

Known Issues

HOT ISSUES:

- Card stuck in the middle of the screen after canceling. 

WorkaroundIf your card gets stuck on the screen, go to menu > vault > exit vault. The card should now be back in your hand.

Performance/Crashing Issues

- Performance issues on Main Screen or when Character Health is low on some devices

Fix: Open options and turn off "Effects".

- Crashing when character has low health (particularly on iPad 2 and older)

Fix: Open options and turn off "Effects".

- Sometimes you'll be unable to load your party and see the banner with overlapping text in the middle of the screen

Potential Workaround:  Clear the app cache and/or play through the tutorial again.

Interface Issues

- Certain card interactions that require a drag are missing a button option

- You currently cannot view character's abilities and cards in the store.

Network

- Network Connection issues (Frequent popups even when there is a strong wifi connection)

Potential Workaround: Ensure you're connected to Gamecenter / Google Play games

- Can't login with Google Play Account

Potential Workaround: Clear cache on the game app and Google Plays app, then sign back in to Google Plays.

Gameplay

- Seelah: Using Inspired Grace when Illsoari Gandethus is on top of the deck causes problems.

- Cannot use Potion of Ghostly form to evade Poison Trap henchman

- Rat Swarm at the Garrison causes a literal Rat Swarm to happen

- Seelah's Insprired Grace can see the next card in the deck

- Lini's Beastform is not recalculating extra strength dice that were added before power activation

- Rare the Game is not doing math correctly for dice rolls

- Using Mending can cause progression breaks

Purchase Issues

- Character Add-On not being granted with the Rise of the Runelords Bundle

Fix: Go to this thread and follow instructions so we can resolve the issue.

As of 7:00pm PST, 4/28 anyone with this issue should have it resolved.  Restart the game and the deck should be part of your bundle.

- Daily Gold purchase problems

Potential Workaround: If the timer seems to have reset and you don't have a button, restart the app to display the button

- Bundle Purchase showing as owned but not granting characters

Possible Fixes:

• Restart the app
  • Log out/in of Game Center / Google Play Games
  • If you are logged in properly and can access the characters or adventures part of the store, contact support at support@obsidian.net
Edited by Aarik D
  • Like 1

Seeing most of the bugs described, but none of the visual ones. Game works pretty well other than quest mode (only works for 2 people, but seriously 6 turns??).

Two repetitive bugs not listed I am getting:

Paladin's special ability "Inspired Grace" changes the required difficulty to whatever the card next in the stack is. So if the check is on the last card in the stack at a location shows "None" with a difficulty 0 and gives me a d6. Inadvertently allows peeking, but sometimes makes checks much harder.

On the mission "Foul misgivings" (think that is 3-3), game was crashing when I encountered the haunts. Not right away, when a character got a haunt it would often crash on there next explore.

Smartphone: Droid Turbo - SKU - XT1254

Android Version 5.1

Conf Vsn: F14.MOT.XT1254.0

Sys Version: 23.21.44

Build #: SU4TL-44

Well aware that technically smartphones not currently supported, so if these two bugs do not currently occur on the tablets can be sidelined untile smartphone fixes are to be started.

Thanks, love the game look forward to the next expansion.

Vilance

Hello.

First of all, Thank you for making this app!

About problem with quest mode.

Now its unfreeze but it gives me only 6-10 blessings in blessing deck. Is it ok or something goes wrong?

I have just lost my best Bastard Sword +1 - I have revealed and then canceled the action, and the sword disappeared forever ;(((

Is this nasty bug fixed in the patch - I do not want to risk any other remaining weapon that I spent a lot of effort and luck to earn?

When will the "character dying and not getting the skill feat" bug be fixed?

When I originally finished Black Fang's Dungeon Harsk died so he didn't get the skill feat. I've beaten it again numerous times since and Harsk still has not received the skill feat. I assumed the patch would have addressed this so I just beat it again and still no skill feat so Harsk is still one behind the others. When will this be fixed? Will Harsk always be one skill feat behind the others? It's very annoying.

Often when i add a weapon in a fight the monster challenge goes up as well. "We are not just talking skeletons getting +3 here"

Just fought a bandit on elite where when i used my +1 longsword he went from his regular 8 challenge rating to a 14. Anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1

Had a new bug happen.

I-Pad

Succeeded in a Quest with a mixed level party.

When advancement happened the lower level was supposed to get a skill feat (attribute feat?) and the other three were able to pick power feats.

For the low level none of the + would work in any way but when I went to powers I could check the box to move on to the next step. 

But after I did this poor Kyra was now 3rd level and didn't have either the power feat or the skill feat, all the other characters were fine.

Will she be able to pick a feat in the future?

Anyway was discouraging enough to put the game down for the weekend and I've been fairly addicted.

Often when i add a weapon in a fight the monster challenge goes up as well. "We are not just talking skeletons getting +3 here"

Just fought a bandit on elite where when i used my +1 longsword he went from his regular 8 challenge rating to a 14. Anyone else having this problem?

Check the scenario, creature, and encounter descriptions. Often times there are modifiers you might be overlooking.

What character was using the longsword?  Anyone without Weapon Proficiency (Valeros, Harsk, Amiri, and Seelah start with it; Lem, Kyra, Merisel, Sajan (when he gets a role card), and Lini don't start with it, but can get it later; Seoni and Ezren can NEVER get it) adds +4 to combat difficulties using (among other things) a +1 Longsword.  Add that to a Wildcard power that raises the difficulties of banes by two, and, voila!  14.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I have an Android tablet SM-P605 (Galaxy Note 10.1, Android 4.4.2) and had a lot of trouble logging into the GooglePlayGames on the main screen until finally I turned OFF option "use this account to automatically login to all new games" on the Google Play Games. By default it was turned on. My OS language is Polish though, so I might have translated it incorrectly. It is a second option to un-tick on settings page of a Google Play Games account. Nothing else seemed to help me, but this one did. I hope it helps somebody else.

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier.

Gameplay

- If a character dies in a scenario, they will not get rewards on a subsequent playthrough.

Potential Workaround: If a character dies, forfeit the scenario

Just experienced this (Nexus 7 Tablet, Current Android as of this date) - the workaround did not work.  Have tried replaying on multiple difficulties with multiple permutations of characters - the one who died in my initial playthrough still does not receive the scenario reward.

Thanks a ton for looking into these!

Gameplay

- If a character dies in a scenario, they will not get rewards on a subsequent playthrough.

Potential Workaround: If a character dies, forfeit the scenario

Just experienced this (Nexus 7 Tablet, Current Android as of this date) - the workaround did not work.  Have tried replaying on multiple difficulties with multiple permutations of characters - the one who died in my initial playthrough still does not receive the scenario reward.

Thanks a ton for looking into these!

You should forfeit until end of scenario certainly.

I have just lost my best Bastard Sword +1 - I have revealed and then canceled the action, and the sword disappeared forever ;(((

Is this nasty bug fixed in the patch - I do not want to risk any other remaining weapon that I spent a lot of effort and luck to earn?

Again((((

Revealed my new Bastard Sword, cancel it and lost the sword forever due to this nasty bug. Is there any chance that this bug will be fixed soon?

Or do anyone understand at least when it happens, so what situations should be avoided?

Best way is not to cancel any played effect. The problem is with displayed cards, so if card effect say that you Display card, think hard before displaying that card because cancelling is no good for those cards. This is well known issue, so the patch is coming, but is it in the next patch, or patch after that... We will see.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I've had this happen to me too.  I'm almost positive it wasn't a "if not proficient..." issue nor was it a wildcard thing.  I would just play a weapon and all of a sudden the bane would go from 8 to 11 or whatever.  I guess I could have been overlooking something, but I don't know what it would have been.  I'm only using Valeros, Harsk, Ezren and Kyra and it only seems to happen when a character other than Valeros or Harsk uses a weapon and I've made a point of only keeping weapons that DO NOT require the character to be proficient.  I've gotten to the point where I just don't use weapons with Kyra or Ezren even though I should be able to use the ones that don't require proficiency.

Playing Approach to Thistletop with Kyra, Merisiel, Sajan, and Ezran (in that order). Ezran encountered the Collapsed Ceiling barrier in The Woods, and failed his check. I moved Merisiel there to defeat it, but now there are no interface buttons that will allow either character to encounter the barrier a second time. I restarted the game, but it had the same results. I can zoom in on the barrier card, but no interface options appear.

Cards in hand

M: Longbow+1, Mwork Tools, Sage's Journal, Dagger+1

E: Guard, Invisibility, Cape of Escape, Mirror Image, Qtrstaff, Stride

Playing Approach to Thistletop with Kyra, Merisiel, Sajan, and Ezran (in that order). Ezran encountered the Collapsed Ceiling barrier in The Woods, and failed his check. I moved Merisiel there to defeat it, but now there are no interface buttons that will allow either character to encounter the barrier a second time. I restarted the game, but it had the same results. I can zoom in on the barrier card, but no interface options appear.

Cards in hand

M: Longbow+1, Mwork Tools, Sage's Journal, Dagger+1

E: Guard, Invisibility, Cape of Escape, Mirror Image, Qtrstaff, Stride

This usually requires manually dragging the card into the play area. It's a counter Intuitive uI quirk. No button, gotta drag.

Any advice for a workaround on the quest victory award screen?  

I'm playing 2 brand new and 1 experienced character who is getting an ally award.  The two new characters get to choose their card type and get awarded it...   but when it comes time for the experienced character (the druid) to earn their ally card, the card appears (I can tap on it or not - but it won't flip around) and then it floats up off the top of the screen and the game hangs...

So, is my quest mode shut down until some future bug fix?

I'm playing 2 brand new and 1 experienced character who is getting an ally award.  The two new characters get to choose their card type and get awarded it...   but when it comes time for the experienced character (the druid) to earn their ally card, the card appears (I can tap on it or not - but it won't flip around) and then it floats up off the top of the screen and the game hangs...

This is the exact bug I just got. Haven't found a workaround yet.

The workaround is selecting the next character before you hit the blue triangle. At least that did it for me.

As to the cards getting stuck on a cancel. As a workaround I hit menu, go to vault (in the vault the card stays in the middle of the screen). Then when I exit the vault it's back in my hand.

• Like 2

The workaround is selecting the next character before you hit the blue triangle. At least that did it for me.

As to the cards getting stuck on a cancel. As a workaround I hit menu, go to vault (in the vault the card stays in the middle of the screen). Then when I exit the vault it's back in my hand.

Shockingly, this workaround worked for me!  Thank you!

Nice! Thanks for the workarounds Kamikazi!

Also guys, if you find any bugs that are not reported here, please make a new thread about it. We don't read this thread very much. Its just mainly to update the list and let everyone know whats going. 

We are getting quite a bit of duplicate posts on the forums, so please read this thread and search the forums before you post! Knowing is half the battle!

Thank you guys so much for helping us make this game great! Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the workaround! I was amazed it worked. A little surprised I didn't accidentally find it with all my attempts...

(Re: posting. I posted here as I was hoping someone might help me out, I assumed it was a known issue... Searching for a solution of that sort is tricky, as there isn't a error code or anything and I assume there has been a number of hang bugs.

Thanks all!