On the screen at which you open Treasure Chests, the text at the top refers to "the vault."  During beta, it was my understanding that the Gallery (accessed via the main menu) are all cards the player owns, while the Vault (accessed via the in-game gear icon) are all cards available to a party.  When a player creates a new party (i.e., starts a new adventure), the Vault for that adventure is created by copying the current content of the Gallery (taking into account the adventure being played, of course), right?  So, shouldn't the text at the top refer to the Gallery instead of the Vault?  Or are all cards gained from opening Treasure Chests immediately added to the Vaults for all existing parties, as well?

I just want to confirm when Treasure Chest cards are made available to my characters.  

Edited by Mysterio

Not sure if I'm poking a dead thread with a stick, but I just wanted to add that the chest items "treasures" are not only obtainable through the purchased chests. I just beat the B adventure on all difficulties and I was rewarded by unlocking the vault treasure "Samisen". I not receive the item itself but I did notice it appearing in the pool of cards dealt to location decks. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Correct.  If you're looking at your Gallery with the Treasure buttons set for "AVAILABLE, then you'll see any as-yet-un-acquired cards as blank with a question mark or two on it.  These will have one of five frames.

There's a plain copper one which is for common cards acquired (only) via chests.

There's a slightly more ornate silver one for rare cards acquired (only) via chests.

There's a still-yet-slightly-MORE ornate silver one for epic cards acquired (only) via chests.  (For a side-by-side comparison, look here.)

There's a notibly more ornate gold one for legendary cards acquired (only) via chests.

Then there are black ones, which are acquired Some Other Way.  The only ones I KNOW how to acquire are the Samisen (Complete adventure B on Legendary), Orik's Shield (Complete Adventure 1 on Legendary), and the Skinsaw Mask (Complete Adventure 2 on Legendary).

I am REALLY curious to know how to acquire Blessings of Milani and Cayden Cailean, so if you find out, lemme know.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

• 3 weeks later...

Then there are black ones, which are acquired Some Other Way.  The only ones I KNOW how to acquire are the Samisen (Complete adventure B on Legendary), Orik's Shield (Complete Adventure 1 on Legendary), and the Skinsaw Mask (Complete Adventure 2 on Legendary).

I hadn't played story in a while but after you posted this I went back to unlock the skinsaw mask.  I now have all 3 difficulties of every scenario completed and didn't get the mask as a reward and it's not in my gallery in story mode.  Do you know for sure this is what unlocked it?

It actually says so in the Adventure Selection screen.  If you look at the bottom of the Skinsaw Murders screen at the bottom, there's a black button that says "Card Reward".  It'[ll show you the Skinsaw Mask (AD 2 Item).

Try going to that screen and tapping on each of the five scenarios in turn.  Watch the colored skull that shows the difficulty you'll start at (if you don't select anything else).  If one (or more) isn't/aren't red, redo that scenario on Legendary.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

It actually says so in the Adventure Selection screen.  If you look at the bottom of the Skinsaw Murders screen at the bottom, there's a black button that says "Card Reward".  It'[ll show you the Skinsaw Mask (AD 2 Item).

Try going to that screen and tapping on each of the five scenarios in turn.  Watch the colored skull that shows the difficulty you'll start at (if you don't select anything else).  If one (or more) isn't/aren't red, redo that scenario on Legendary.

Or he can just wait for the new patch this week where they fixed the unlocking bug. Hopefully, it will be retroactive.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.