If we have multiple devices on different platforms with access to the game, will we be able to synchronize them?

To give some context:

At the moment, I own an android phone which plays the game just fine, albeit with a small interface. I would really like to play it on my kindle, but thats not supported right now and I'm thinking about whether getting the season pass or not.

Since I already own the physical card game and put a lot of money into expansions, the small screen of my phone does not seem to justify spending money on the digital version. However, with plans of a steam release for pc and my hopes for a possible release in the amazon app-shop in the future, I'm willing to spend the money on the season pass if it means I will be able to transfer my content over eventually.

I thought I already read during the beta that content will be able to synchronize, but now I'm wondering just how this is supposed to work. My phone did not let me earn any gold without connecting to the google games app, and there does not seem to be a way to connect to a third party account for data management.

Suppose I had an ipad, I doubt that the google account would communicate with an apple account for synchronizing, so now I'm confused how this is supposed to work.

On a related note, do I understand correctly that the only way to earn gold is to be online? That would mean I need to unlock plenty things first to take it with me on a vacation without internet access.

• Like 1

You could also buy the bundle or buy the gold before you go on vacation.

But yes, you have to be online to earn gold.

It would be real cool if it stored your gold when you were offline, then synced up when you got back online.

If we have multiple devices on different platforms with access to the game, will we be able to synchronize them?

I installed the game on both iPad and Android tablet, and the answer is: No, you can't synchronize between platforms.

The long answer is that synchronization would require you to log on a device independent server (e.g. from Obsidian, or Facebook, or Google) with a username and password, so that your game information could be stored there and loaded on the other device when you log in with the same username and password. But the iPad version only stores data on Gamecenter, and the Android version only stores it on GooglePlayGames. Those aren't compatible with each other.

I have an untested theory that the way the game saves would at least make it possible to not lose your game progress when you switch e.g. from an old iPad to a newer model.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

I installed the game on both iPad and Android tablet, and the answer is: No, you can't synchronize between platforms.

The long answer is that synchronization would require you to log on a device independent server (e.g. from Obsidian, or Facebook, or Google) with a username and password, so that your game information could be stored there and loaded on the other device when you log in with the same username and password. But the iPad version only stores data on Gamecenter, and the Android version only stores it on GooglePlayGames. Those aren't compatible with each other.

I have an untested theory that the way the game saves would at least make it possible to not lose your game progress when you switch e.g. from an old iPad to a newer model.

That's the way I assumed it worked (even though it was poorly worded in the op), thanks for clarification.

Then I will wait until release on my favourite platform and play the game for free on the phone occassionally.

While I've been following this game since announcement and would really love to support this game with the season pass right now, the experience on my small smart phone screen just doesn't live up to playing the game physically (and thats ok - I'll buy the season pass on steam or kindle then, as soon as one of them is supported). A sale postponed, not a sale lost - game looks awesome so far.