Possible temporary work around

StormbringerGT

Question

As I am encountering the very same issues on my personal tablet you guys are (unable to access season pass, character add on deck not unlocking, constant disconnects) Ive tried a few things that got me access to my season pass content.

If the app is running turn it off. Don't just hit the back arrow or minimize it, make sure its killed.

Sign out of google play or gamecenter.

Power off the tablet.

Power the tablet back on and sign back into google play or gamecenter.

Start the app.

This granted me my season pass content. Character add on deck content was not restored but I'm pretty sure that might be a server side fix. I also still get disconnected and reconnected constantly. Rest assure we will be looking into the issues tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

20 answers to this question

Tried the original post's suggestion.  Doesn't work sadly...

The game still doesnt register me as logged in, which is weird because when I access the store page, I can purchase the Runelords package and it does bring me to the check out screen for payment processing. 

I want to buy the package very much, but I'd like the issues resolved first before I do so. :(

How do you sign out of Google Play? Everything is synced to it and there's no log out option in any of the menus.

You have to go into Settings and remove the account from the device. Then you just re-add it.

Why in the name of blessed Zargonel would logging out work in such an obnoxious way? Only Google knows that.

For the record, the above-described workaround did not work for me, tragically.

Things I have tried:

1.) Restarting the app.

2.) Restarting the app and the device.

3.) Re-synching Google Play, powering off the device, and relaunching the app.

4.) Signing out of Google Play, powering off the device, signing back into Google Play, and relaunching the app.

5.) Signing out of Google Play, uninstalling the app, powering off the device, signing back into Google Play, reinstalling the app, and relaunching the app.

6.) Attempting to get excited about Hearthstone instead.

Sadly, none of these worked. It feels like an account-side issue?

• Like 2

Hmmm... It has to be related to that loggin in problem. If you are not logged in properly to the Pathfinder account, the things that you do (Receive gold etc.) does not register properly. Why that is happening is the intereresting thing. Server overload or trafic jam, device settings? Who knows...

Have not personally tried this yet. Will definitely try in the weekend. All in all it will take a Little bit time after the problem is found and fix has been programmed until we will see the patch in the game store. So we can Expect new version, if we Are lucky in one week. So some patience is needed. But From earlier experience the programming team has been good at finding solutions, so I am hopefull to see more stable version in a couple of weeks.

Quick update. I did not get logging to the pathfinder game screen at all... So it may be a server problem. In beta it was always the first screen you see when starting the game. Now it is not appearing at all.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Hmmm... It has to be related to that loggin in problem. If you are not logged in properly to the Pathfinder account, the things that you do (Receive gold etc.) does not register properly. Why that is happening is the intereresting thing. Server overload or trafic jam, device settings? Who knows...

Pathfinder account?  I was never instructed to make one, nor had any ability to do so.  Everything is through Google Play

Have not personally tried this yet. Will definitely try in the weekend. All in all it will take a Little bit time after the problem is found and fix has been programmed until we will see the patch in the game store. So we can Expect new version, if we Are lucky in one week. So some patience is needed. But From earlier experience the programming team has been good at finding solutions, so I am hopefull to see more stable version in a couple of weeks.

Quick update. I did not get logging to the pathfinder game screen at all... So it may be a server problem. In beta it was always the first screen you see when starting the game. Now it is not appearing at all.

By "Pathfinder Account," do you mean "the Google Play account that you linked to the game?"

I am also logged in successfully and am able to earn gold, even though my purchase didn't unlock anything.

• Like 1

Was in the beta with everything unlocked.

Bought the bundle when it went live. Have no access to any other characters, or the C deck.

But it does appear that the adventures are unlocked, just not accessible yet.

Also had the -1 gold purchase price issue, but that resolved when I reset the app.

By "Pathfinder Account," do you mean "the Google Play account that you linked to the game?"

I am also logged in successfully and am able to earn gold, even though my purchase didn't unlock anything.

Well there is not google play account in iPads... In beta there was that create your account screen, now in this release versio I am not able to log in at all. So some issues in there.

Interesting :-)

Longer explanation: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86196-network-connection-disconnects-and-connects/?p=1803676

Short version:

I will inform my findings later. But this information should help all those people who has difficulties to log in the game.

- Android: log in the google play Center and after that log in the game

- iPad: log in the game Center and after that log in the game.

I really hope that the create Pathfinder account via the game log in screen comes back! It will allow much easier game sync between different platforms! The more important this will be when PC version comes out some month later!

Hello. I had the same problem.
I solved it:
First close the game, close it totally, no running in background.
Second, only need synchronizing the google account from the phone configuration.

I solved it after a lot of tries using other methods.

@Creistan: the fact that game correctly opens the shop and presents you with the checkout info doesn't mean the game is correctly connected to Google Play Games.

The account is the same (google account) but one thing is being signed to Play store, another is being logged in to Play Games through the game, just like on iOS the account is the same but the login to AppStore and to Game Center are two different logins.

when you access the in-game shop, the game asks the phone OS (android or iOS) to access IAPs for that game, using the Store account configured on the phone. Then the game links that purchase to the Play Games/Game Center account it is logged to. If the game cannot correctly log to Play Games or Game Center, it can't link the purchase to the "player" account. The store account is provided by the phone itself, the game doesn't care/doesn't know whose account is that. The game uses the Play Games account to know who's the player, so it is possible the purchase is successful but then the game can't activate it because it doesn't have a play games/Game Center account to activate it to

• Like 1