changing cards in decks

fairfaxx

Question

Hello.

I am having trouble working out how to change the cards in the characters decks.

when I first started a game it allowed me to add and remove different cards.

After playing the first part brigadoon. I can no longer do this. is there a button/tab that accesses their decks and allows customisation?

I tried deleting the party and created a new one, but it seems to skip this step and starts the game with no chance to adjust their decks.

I am sure I am missing something obvious, but can not work it out.

any help greatly appreciated.

thxs

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

Hello.

I am having trouble working out how to change the cards in the characters decks.

After playing the first part brigadoon. I can no longer do this. is there a button/tab that accesses their decks and allows customisation?

I tried deleting the party and created a new one, but it seems to skip this step and starts the game with no chance to adjust their decks.

thxs

I think I sort of worked it out.

I started a new party and on the map screen? you push the button with the big P on it. that lets you adjust their decks.

cheers

• Like 1

Hello.

thxs

I think I sort of worked it out.

I started a new party and on the map screen? you push the button with the big P on it. that lets you adjust their decks.

cheers

You can edit decks at that screen until you beat Black Fang's Dungeon. :)

What happens to the cards that you discard after a scenario bcause they don't fit the character's deck? Are they gone for good? I can't find any way to access them. I can only exchange cards between my characters. Shouldn't there be a card pool or something like that?

• Like 1

What happens to the cards that you discard after a scenario bcause they don't fit the character's deck? Are they gone for good? I can't find any way to access them. I can only exchange cards between my characters. Shouldn't there be a card pool or something like that?

Cards you give up go back into "the box" and are available to go back into location decks.  You only get to keep what fits in your character's deck.

It's one of the oddities of the game, but you get used to it. :)

Hey there.

All the cards that you encounter are from your 'Box' of cards.

When you do not include a card in your deck during deck creation, it is returned to the box. There is a chance you could encounter it again.

If you would like to see all the cards that are in your 'Box', from the main menu, along the bottom of the screen,choose the 2nd button from the left; Gallery.

You should now be able to review the different cards that are in your 'Box' 

Edited by Dunesparrow

In the physical game, you always had access to the Basic cards to add in between scenarios and I haven't figured out if I can do that in the digital. Will poke around some more. Thief needs healing... Badly.

Actually you only have acces to basic cards when you start new game or if you have less cards (you for example banish them) than you should have. So the game is working just as it should be.

Indeed.  If you read the rules for the physical game, you're only supposed to rebuild your decks out of cards collected by your party members.  Only if ALL those cards are inadequate to rebuild your various decks do you get to dig through the Basics.

So SERIOUSLY, find that Deck button and adjust your decks EVERY time you start new characters, or you'll be DYING for excuses to banish cards.  Kyra's spells are horrible.  I'm much happier giving her nothing but Cures.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

You can remove a card from a character during the arranging deck section after a mission, and then when you select another character you can swap the removed card in. Just don't hit the Advance arrow until you're done, or you'll lose all the temporarily removed cards. I tend to keep a character short (or long) on a type of card  just to prevent myself clicking forward too soon.

Thanks for the clarification. Playing the digital version has taught me how WRONG I have been playing the physical. Once multiplayer is in, it will be the way to play with friends.

We always thought the game was too easy. It is easy when not following all the rules. Hehe

• Like 2

It is still too easy (but not so easy), but difficulty options in this game Remedy that "problem"... :-)

Really like them!

It is still too easy (but not so easy), but difficulty options in this game Remedy that "problem"... :-)

Really like them!

I will say that it speaks to the balance of the game that it comes down to the last couple of turns a good bit. Really have to strategize on those last 5 or so.

Also, just curious, when are you going back to do the harder ones? Immediately after the scenario? I'm into the 3rd scenario and haven't done challenging on the 2nd yet.

I've been doing the increased difficulty right away with Kyra and Merisiel, most of them aren't that hard. Although, I suspect that with a bigger party, some of the random difficulty effects will be more of a problem - like the one where you lose 5 turns off the blessings deck, not really a big deal with 2 when you usually have plenty of time, but win 6, might be an issue.