Can't start quest mode

Namyra

Question

I unlocked quest mode and wanted to try it. Regardless of which party I take (I've tried different ones, both with default starter decks and manually tweaked ones), when I try to play a scenario (also regardless of difficulty), I get the loading screen, the music fades out, and it stays stuck that way, leaving me only to quit and restart the app.

I'm playing on an iPad 4 with iOS 9.3.1.

I don't know if this is related, but I also have the issue some people (including myself) already reported in another thread of having gold reset to 0 and earning no further gold and all store items costing -1 gold. I am however quite certain I already had the 0 gold earning issue before I restarted the app because it was stuck loading into quest mode, since I believe I unlocked quest mode after beating The Poison Pill, and I already earnt 0 gold for that.

• Like 3

I too am wondering when this game breaking bug that has been "fixed" and will be in the next version will be pushed.  Since this prevents a large number of players from playing, they will eventually get tired of waiting and just go off to a different game.  I have finished the story mode that is available 3 times now, and have yet to play a single quest.  TBH, I'm one of those players that is soon going to a different game, uninstalling, and potentially disputing the charge on my Credit Card due to purchasing a non-working software.....

• Like 1

As I understand it, the devs not only have to code a patched version, but they then have to submit that patch to Apple and go through a tedious bureaucratic process before the patch arrives at the end user. It isn't unusual to have to wait for 2 weeks for a patch.

I disagree that the software is "non-working". The story mode is working rather well, and is actually a very good replacement for playing the card game solo. As a "board game simulation" that works perfectly well, and can occupy you for hundreds of hours playing through the 13 scenarios at different difficulty levels and with groups of different sizes and compositions.

The quest mode is an attempt to make the game work more like a typical mobile game with permanent character progression. Even when that gets patched to work, I'm not sure that is the best way to play Pathfinder Adventures. I am also a bit wary of the fact that currently character progression is only saved locally and not in the cloud (your purchases and gold are saved in the cloud). I'm counting on buying a new iPad later this year, and as it is that would mean losing all character progression.

• Like 1

The quest mode is an attempt to make the game work more like a typical mobile game with permanent character progression. Even when that gets patched to work, I'm not sure that is the best way to play Pathfinder Adventures. I am also a bit wary of the fact that currently character progression is only saved locally and not in the cloud (your purchases and gold are saved in the cloud). I'm counting on buying a new iPad later this year, and as it is that would mean losing all character progression.

While we only have the first two adventure decks, quest mode is really the only way to play PA. And given the way things have been going thus far, I'm losing a bit of faith that the rest of the adventure decks will be out anytime soon.

• Like 1

We have a fix ready for the Quest Mode bug. We need to do some more testing with it and will put out an update soon.

Soon in this case = time to build and test + possibly repeating (potential revisions + time to build and test) + approval time. So, as soon as possible!

Thanks for the answer Nathan.

Do you know per chance if there is new about season pass failing to unlock ? I tried everything mentionned here on the forums (and fixed the log in problem by doing a sync), but the bundle that I paid for unlocked nothing. I wrote to support as instructed but got no answer since. Is there a chance this next patch might fix that too ?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

The one reason I can think is that the program wa not logged in when you did that purhases. Same as that you don't get gold if you Are not logged in. For you I would recommended to contact developers voit PM or email. They van fix it in the server side so that the pack is associated to you account.

I played tutorial and double checked that I was indeed checked in before purhaching the season pass. And I personally have had any problem with that. After I figured out how in each you can log in the game. That first part was the tracky one in my case. Because I was completely Locked down mangamestari Center account because it was so irritating by sending messages conserning the games I have in my tablet.

Summasummarun I Expect that your game was not logged in to your game account when you did your purhace, so only the team van help you to get it activated.