Network Connection disconnects and connects.

Nybling

Question

14 answers to this question

Thanks for the heads up, we'll be looking into this.

​We didn't forget about you trashmyego, promise! :)

Thanks!  Just for some more information, it seems like this happens a lot when it wants to communicate to the Playfab/whatever server.  Like right after killing a monster, it happened and I got zero gold.  Then a few seconds later it reconnected.

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm experiencing the same thing. However, since it's day of launch, I know things can get overburdened! Great adaptation from what I've played so far and am excited to see how it turns out in the future.

Thanks for the heads up, we'll be looking into this.

​We didn't forget about you trashmyego, promise! :)

Thanks!  Just for some more information, it seems like this happens a lot when it wants to communicate to the Playfab/whatever server.  Like right after killing a monster, it happened and I got zero gold.  Then a few seconds later it reconnected.

Thanks for the additional info, this is what I'm noticing as well.
  • Like 1

The logging system seems not to activate properly. Did not get make new account part in the scree at all. Server error?

Did you try logging into your Google Play Games account before starting Pathfinder Adventures?  That's what I had to do to get it to start logging in.

There is not google play account in the iPad. Also if you want to have game sync you have have option to use same account in the iPad and Android device... So it can not be the same as your google play account or Apple play account or your Windows play account because They all can have different email assosiated.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

There is absolutely no account creation on the android side. So I'm not really sure how they're planning to do game sync, because right now outside of the google play account, the game doesn't even sync between android devices and requires fresh games/character for each one. 

Edited by trashmyego

Ok. I did study the issue and find out that:

In Android you have to have an active google play account to log in.

In Apple you have to have active game Center account to log in.

And that is bad!

The only way to get the game synch work between platforms is that you have same user account email assosiated to your google play account and game Center account...

I don't even normally keep these activated because They Are so annoying with their announcements.

So if someone does not get logged in the game he has to log in either of those two. If he is really lucky he did make both accounts using the same email address...

I personally did make my iPad user account using my Gmail address so I can do it. I will try if the account sync work in the weekend. In beta the money did sync I don't know yet what happens in the real game. But I am really curious to know.

I will inform my findings later. But this information should help all those people who has difficulties to log in the game.

- Android: log in the google play Center and after that log in the game

- iPad: log in the game Center and after that log in the game.

I really hope that the create Pathfinder account via the game log in screen comes back! It will allow much easier game sync between different platforms! The more important this will be when PC version comes out some month later!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 2

Ok. I have same email in both google play and iOS game Center, but different player Name and the gold does not sync. But both collect gold individually. Full sync should come later, but interesting to see how different names and email accounts will be tied Together. It requires some kind of user interface where you can input different account informations, and that way Connected different acounts together. But I can see Many problems with that. It has to be password protected or otherwice any possible game accounts could be Connected even if They would belong different persons.

I think that account based on email address and password will be better and easier than Connection to game Center, play Center, Windows store and so on when there will be even more platforms where this game will run.

But interesting to see how this will work out.