Game Crashing frequently / bugs

bein

Question

First of all, The game looks great. Seems well thought out and looks fun, however I cant play more than 1 turn without the software failing and crashing to the 'desktop'.  It seems to occur most frequently after I have defeated a bane or acquired a boon.  I can rarely get more than 2 turns in on the tutorial before it crashes.  I had to restart over 10 times before the tutorial was completed.   This is on an ipad running the most recent ios software 9.3 .

Also, at some point during this process when I came back, my party size had doubled.  I now had 2 distinct copies of each of the characters.  They were distinct because one of bards died, but I was able to continue playing the other.  I ended the tutorial with 2 warriors and 1 bard.  That leads me to believe it wasn't a graphical glitch, but something in the party loading / composition logic. 

My bard died when I Recharged an armor after taking damage from a goblin scout(I think). Deals one damage when revealed.  I recharged an armor to prevent that damage, putting 1 card in my deck. (in theory).  I revealed a crossbow and used no other cards.  I  succeeded and ended the turn, at which time I should have drawn the last card in my deck, the armor.  However I got the character has died cut screen . This occurred before I gained the extra characters.  I wouldn't know enough to speculate on a cause here, maybe an empty queue thing?.

When performing a combat check(base 1d8)  I revealed a heavy crossbow(+1d10), I then discarded a blessing of the gods.  In the paper version I have always treated that as getting the best die possible (i'm not 100% sure we've been playing right). in this case I should have got another d10 (1d8+2d10) . The result is 1d10 and 2d8 however.  if I had to guess, id say this is probably something to do with blessings only looking at the base ability for the check you have selected in the ability usage selector, and failing to take into account weapon die.  (not sure about spells I didn't use one for combat).

Also, and this is probably by design, but I've never seen any error messages.  Just Locked up, blank screen, desktop. I am guessing you aren't doing any user messaging, and you are using some sort of error handling service.  I only bring it up in case these crashes might be due to unhandled exceptions.  Don't take offence!  for all I know I ought to be receiving error messages, so I just mention it for thoroughness.

still Game looks great, can wait to check it out on another platform to sse if I can replicate any of these issues.

7 answers to this question

First of all, The game looks great. Seems well thought out and looks fun, however I cant play more than 1 turn without the software failing and crashing to the 'desktop'.  It seems to occur most frequently after I have defeated a bane or acquired a boon.  I can rarely get more than 2 turns in on the tutorial before it crashes.  I had to restart over 10 times before the tutorial was completed.   This is on an ipad running the most recent ios software 9.3 .

Can you provide the crash logs?

If you use PC:

1. Connect the device to PC, open iTunes, and sync.
  2. After sync has finished, open File Explorer and navigate to "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<device name>
  3. Search for a file with the game name (pacg1) of the "CRASH" filetype.

On Mac:

1. Open Finder (found in the Dock)
  2. Click on the 'Go' menu at the top of your screen, and select 'Go to Folder'
  3. Type (or paste): ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
  4. Open the folder with the same 'name' as your device. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under 'Devices').
  5. Search for PACG1 and retrieve any files found in that folder.

For the crossbow, that is correct behavior.  Blessings add an additional copy of the main die - in your case it was the dexterity die, which was the d8.  2d8 + 1d10 is expected for Harsk using the heavy crossbow with a blessing (and other characters with d8 dex).

We're looking into the other issues.

I've also had the party size doubling issue.  In my case nobody died.  I tried to start Poison Pill mission and got 6 locations(as if I had 4 characters instead of 2) and every time I dragged Merisiel or Kyra to a location it put 2 icons there and would never let me start.

When I went back to party selection screen it showed them in slots 3 & 4, with slots 1 & 2 blank.  I forget what I did to clear out the party, but once I did it worked again.

Just adding this to provide more information for this issue.

Sorry I misunderstood you the first time. I don't have iTunes, and for reasons am unable to install it.  I will try to find a mac and get the crash report.  Also, thanks. we were taught to play the game incorrectly it would seem, in regards to blessings.  That is definitely what the coordinator told us though.  Also definitely not how the rules read(pg 16) .  

Anyways the party bug appeared again in the main game once I did get past the tutorial, it occurred when trying to move locations this time.  I as in the very first adventure, Brigandoom, I had just confronted the villain and he fled to a different location. I closed the previous one out and then when trying to move locations with a character my party had doubled.

There were also frequent crashes, although it seemed slightly more stable up until the party doubled. After that the game is completely unplayable.  I haven't tried to clear out the party.

I will try on a different platform to see if I can duplicate these issues.

Edited by bein

You should be able to attach them to your post or PM them to myself or Sylvanta.

I was on limted posting and didnt have that option

I know see I have transitioned to a full poster and can attach

I will send when I am back on the computer

PS Absolutely LOVING the game!!

• Like 1

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH