Vulnerable Attack or Cautious Attack for my Darcozzi Support (Forward Observer) build

So I'm looking to stack Crit to hit with that rogue. I necroed a thread somewhere else but dire blessing and and critical focus do stack correct? They should as critical focus is a talent that augments an ability. It should stack with everything like a priests + ACC with holy radiance and a Darcozzis liberating inspiration.

PS shielding flames for shield bearers is still bugged as it doesn't stack with reinforcing exhortation. It's a talent that augments an ability it should. Unless this was fixed in 3.02 and it was not stated.

Have gun will travel.

This is probably irrelevant for the thread , but while playing my Dodger rogue tank ( max deflection and riposte ) i found out that Cautious Attack and Vulnerable Attack both do stack and can be used at once ( not sure if this was mentioned before ) :D which makes it perfect synergy for someone who is planning to attack via Riposte as my attack speed with Plate armors no speed modifiers and 10 dex is trash anyway

Edited by Blunderboss
  • Like 1

Hm... since Riposte is a full attack it should work with bash. I did lots of testing with a sword & shield riposte rogue and found it to be bad - even with double retaliation with Supper Plate and so on. But I never tried it with Badgradr's Barricade. This could be worthwhile. Add as many full attack abilities you can get and gimped attack speed shouldn't be a problem.

I find it still stupid that Riposte only triggers 20% of all misses. OBS! Please add grazes! 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also Adept Evasion only works on reflex which Makes it simply bad :/ , I am gonna use Barricade , and i been using this rogue as main tank so damage isnt main goal tho i would like to do some in the end , funny thing is if you stack deflection your class doesnt matter at all ,my rogue had 85+ on lvl 5 and now is nearing 100 on lvl 7-8 , i been thinking to give him some preservation item and then knock him down with my wizard slicken , enemies like to surround this rogue when he is prone

Edited by Blunderboss

Then use Blaidh Golan and Ilfan Byrngar's Solace (medium shield from the drake in Endless Paths lvl 5). It also has preservation and since it's a weapon it stacks with the armor's preservation enchantment. When you go prone with slicken your rogue will have +100 to all defenses. Should result in lots of misses. ;) I wonder if you also do riposte attacks while prone...?

It's a nice setup for a chanter with THe Dragon Thrashed because you keep on chanting while prone. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Agree with bb - kinda at least. Cautious attack on a rogue works really well, though I'm not using a riposte build. I am going dual wielding sabres with reckless assault. High resolve, superior deflection, cautious attack and the update to reckless assault which removes some of the ra penalty to deflection. Ends up with good (not great) deflection and does bucket loads of damage, far more than a sword and shield build. And it has really good survivability.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Sword an shield for a rogue is a bit underwhelming because you can't use the full potential of all your full attack abilities. But that's only true if you don't use Badgradr's Barricade. Man that setup is so good - especially if you use Godansthunyr as main weapon. And it looks good, too. ;)

First hit of the full attack will apply the affliction (e.g. blind) and may also cause stun (this will instantly unlock deathblows) - then comes the bash which will likely crit because of the affliction(s). Then Thrust of Tattered Veils will proc twice (don't ask me why). The thrust works with deathblows and has good base damage. If that also crits (also likely) it's instagib most of the time. I will post a build in some days. It's a great mix of offense and defense. But I also didn't use Riposte. It's just too bad.

I combined that with Aspirant's Mark in order to generate more crits. Great opener, that thing.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Im also wondering if Riposte will work when im prone , if it does then i think using Blaidh Golan or Sanguine Plate Helm ( or is there any other armor item with Preservation  ) and 1h Weapon with Barricade , non bashing shield is a no go i think for a rogue . Also Blaidh Golan has a break out which kinda beats the purpose of being prone for higher defenses .

Edited by Blunderboss

I think the helm from He Carries Many Scars also has preservation. It's nice because the armor has regeneration (with endless duration - not like Constant or Veteran's Recovery) and also does +50% DR when health is below 25%.

• Like 1

Yeh thats the one i meant , Sanguine Helm actually has breakout , i mixed em up , also i checked on wiki that Malinas Boots has preservation , gonna try to wait for azzuro and use those until i get some of the end game stuff 

Currently plan is to stack so much deflection that enemies only miss my rogue with their Auto attacks , wonder how much i need for that 

Edited by Blunderboss

A freaking lot. You will get grazed a lot.  But you can try this: stack Fast Runner, Graceful Retreat and a cape of Withdrawal or another item with +15 defense against disengagement attacks. This will give you +35 against disengagement attacks. Then run around the enemies and catch disengagement attacks (which will miss quite often). It's very good to blind or terrify them first. THis way you can provoke a lot of attacks/misses in very short time - meaning your riposte will happen more often in a given time. When you get knocked down your preservation comes in handy then.