Buying season pack after spending gold

Hi.

What would happen if I spend in-game gold to buy adventures/characters and later decide to purchase the season pack? Will the gold previously spent on content included in the season pack be refounded? Will I simply lose that gold? Will the season pack cost proportionally less?

Sorry if this was already said somewhere.

Thanks in advance

This has not been said before. You can reuse some treasure chest items, but not sure what happens with other content. Most propably the season pass has a flat price. Decreasing price would be much harder to do.

I would recommend that you try the free content. Save money, and when you find out how Great this game is, buy the season pass and use your money to content that is not in season pass :-)

I will buy season pass in day one! This is so good!

Even beta was fun and full release has more bells and wishles...

Pretty sure you can always pay cash (rather than gold) to unlock an individual feature. The season pass is just a way to bulk unlock the content, presumably at a nominal discount. If you already unlocked a bunch of stuff you could always pay money to unlock the other stuff rather than buying the season pass and double paying for content.

• Like 1

Since Obsidian hasn't chimed in here with an official answer, I figured I'd lay down some speculation. :)

I'd be nothing less than shocked if the way this worked was anything other than the "obvious," namely, that if you buy the season pass, you get all the stuff unlocked, end of story. No discounts for previously unlocked items, no price reduction, nothing special. That's just the way of it with season passes. Pay up and get a huge discount up front or risk losing money if you change your mind later.

But honestly, it's not gonna be as bad as it sounds. Gold isn't a big deal (how many of us really care about those treasure chests?), so if you buy some things with gold as you try out the game, then get the season pass, you haven't lost any money whatsoever. If you buy a character or two with real money and then decide to get a season pass, then yes, you do lose the money you spent on the character, but that seems like a fair price to pay to try out an expensive game and see if it's worth 25 bucks. Think of it like renting the game in that case to try it out before you buy it.

• Like 3

Since Obsidian hasn't chimed in here with an official answer, I figured I'd lay down some speculation. :)

I'd be nothing less than shocked if the way this worked was anything other than the "obvious," namely, that if you buy the season pass, you get all the stuff unlocked, end of story. No discounts for previously unlocked items, no price reduction, nothing special. That's just the way of it with season passes. Pay up and get a huge discount up front or risk losing money if you change your mind later.

But honestly, it's not gonna be as bad as it sounds. Gold isn't a big deal (how many of us really care about those treasure chests?), so if you buy some things with gold as you try out the game, then get the season pass, you haven't lost any money whatsoever. If you buy a character or two with real money and then decide to get a season pass, then yes, you do lose the money you spent on the character, but that seems like a fair price to pay to try out an expensive game and see if it's worth 25 bucks. Think of it like renting the game in that case to try it out before you buy it.

^

• Like 3