Combusting Wounds should do wonders with any Blast / carnage / Multiple Projectiles  setup but i think someone wrote on forum that they do not work at all currently ? 

If they do i have to start using them again , especially since you can put CW ring on wizard who then summons essential phantom who has spells from wizard rings .

I put the ring on the chanter actually (I also give him the other ring which restrains afflictions), since the wizard is better kept busy landing debufs and cc from the start while chanter can use items/scrolls while he chants. Also the ring casts CW as autohit.(I'm sure it's a bug but until they fix it...)

Last time that I checked( about 1 week ago) CW was ticking fine from Dragon chant and Blights + blast, but I don't think it was ticking from the missile scrolls, I tried several times with the higher level missile scrolls and I didn't notice any ticks on screen from CW so there still seems to be an issue...

Edited by Vorad
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

This game is designed that everything will work (at least on normal and high difficulty). You can play 6 chanters with the Dragon Trashed... Unstoppable until someone will use domination on one of them. Then the dragon will trash and burn through the team - but you can change chants before that. You can mix strategies and use different chants and invocations to boost defense of entire party and incapacitate enemies by fear, paralyze and deal huge amount of damage through invocations.

giphy.gif

The game is fairly well soloable with a single Chanter on Path of the Damned - so yes, very much viable to have two on normal difficulty.

Or did you mean two in a party of six: even more so. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes. Chanters are pretty strong right from lvl 1 because of the Phantom summon. While it's not very useful at higher levels it packs a nasty punch in the early ones. Having two of those makes the early game a lot easier. After than you can retrain to something different.

Yes, the Phantom is much better. They stun on hit, have high health and accuracy and do Sneak Attack damage (nearly always applies because they stun on hit).

Retrain because you can pick other lvl-1-invocations later that are still somewhat useful at higher levels - for example White Worms or the stun from The Thunder or the DR-reduction of Hel-Hyraf etc. While all active abilities gain +1 ACC per level they can stay useful - while the summons don't scale at all.

Edited by Boeroer

4 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Retrain because you can pick other lvl-1-invocations later that are still somewhat useful at higher levels - for example White Worms or the stun from The Thunder or the DR-reduction of Hel-Hyraf etc. While all active abilities gain +1 ACC per level 

OK I see. I thought at high level we could have all songs. So our song list is somewhat still limited? And we can't pick them all?