Dual wield highest dps weapon

It does increase it , just it doesnt write it in combat log like that ( Spirit of Decay wont be mentioned in attack resolution )

Also every +% Lash is like different fraction of attack , if you have FoD , Corrosive Lash , Remember Rakhan Field , Intense Flames all of them will be separate small number in your attack resolution ( Even FoD and Intense Flames are considered 2 different lashes one of 50% and another of 25% ) Your End result might look like this in combat log :

X Corrosive/Slash Damage + 50%X Fire+ 25%X Fire +30%X Corrode +30%X Corrode ( Corrode lashes get boosted by SoD once again making it 30% , you can boost fire lashes with Scion of Flame too ) 

Im currently rolling with another Elemental Weapon firebrand and with its big numbers is much easier to see how Scion of Flame affects its damage .

How do you know it increases the base damage of bittercut? I can't find any evidence that I does this. It doesn't show up on the combat log at all and as far as I know there is no way in telling.

Can you please show me how you came to this conclusion?

It does increase it , just it doesnt write it in combat log like that ( Spirit of Decay wont be mentioned in attack resolution )

Also every +% Lash is like different fraction of attack , if you have FoD , Corrosive Lash , Remember Rakhan Field , Intense Flames all of them will be separate small number in your attack resolution ( Even FoD and Intense Flames are considered 2 different lashes one of 50% and another of 25% ) Your End result might look like this in combat log :

X Corrosive/Slash Damage + 50%X Fire+ 25%X Fire +30%X Corrode +30%X Corrode ( Corrode lashes get boosted by SoD once again making it 30% , you can boost fire lashes with Scion of Flame too ) 

Im currently rolling with another Elemental Weapon firebrand and with its big numbers is much easier to see how Scion of Flame affects its damage .

How do you know it increases the base damage of bittercut? I can't find any evidence that I does this. It doesn't show up on the combat log at all and as far as I know there is no way in telling.

Can you please show me how you came to this conclusion?

I'm not talking about the paladin with all the lashes just a rogue with bittercut and spirit of decay

Spirit of Decay doesn't increase the base damage of Bittercut, it just adds 20% more damage like all other bonuses - it's like Savage Attack without penalty.

If you want the best dps weapon then you should look for Wounding>>Lash>Speed>Annihilation in that order.

Also if you plan to DW (or use potions of alacrity) it's possible to reach 0% recovery just with durgan enchanted weapons, gauntlets of swiftness, two weapons talent and durgan enchanted robes - thus you can let speed out of the picture (unless you plan to use a shield or a heavier armor). 

Soulbound weapons have 3 issues:

- proc chance is very low (even vs enemies with medium defense)

- procs can be resisted

- they lack other good dps enchantments (durgan, lashes, etc)

which basically eliminate them from the high dps tier. Barbarians however can put them to better use because of their multiple hits.

And finally, base damage is just as important as base speed - it's nice to see big hits, but other weapons can compensate their lower damage with their speed. Drawn in Spring, for example, in the hands of a character with high might, will beat all the weapons mentioned in this thread in 90% of the situations.

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1

You can simply check the damage of bittercut with corrosive lash without spirit of decay and then check it with SoD , attack n lash damage will be bigger than it should and im not talking about 5% increase from 25% to 30%

even more visible when doing it with firebrand and FoD

Edited by Blunderboss

Just take Spirit of Decay, calculate what your minimum damage would be with the 20% boost, and attack a party member whose Corrode DR is lower than their Slash DR. You'll never get damage below the minimum you calculated, which means SoD is applying (this used to be bugged and was confirmed fixed on 3.0.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Spirit of Decay doesn't increase the base damage of Bittercut, it just adds 20% more damage like all other bonuses - it's like Savage Attack without penalty.

If you want the best dps weapon then you should look for Wounding>>Lash>Speed>Annihilation in that order.

Also if you plan to DW (or use potions of alacrity) it's possible to reach 0% recovery just with durgan enchanted weapons, gauntlets of swiftness, two weapons talent and durgan enchanted robes - thus you can let speed out of the picture (unless you plan to use a shield or a heavier armor).

- procs can be resisted

which basically eliminate them from the high dps tier. Barbarians however can put them to better use because of their multiple hits.

And finally, base damage is just as important as base speed - it's nice to see big hits, but other weapons can compensate their lower damage with their speed. Drawn in Spring, for example, in the hands of a character with high might, will beat all the weapons mentioned in this thread in 90% of the situations.

Thank you that makes sense.

It increase the base damage as an additive modifier not a scaling modifier.

Pergarorty, rimecutter and bittercut are all quite equal.

Pergatory has:

- increased base damage (sabre)

- annilation

- increase grazes to hits

Bittercut has:

- increase base damage (sabre)

- corrode damage as base that can be modified with spirit of decay ( about an extra 4 damage with a normal hit, 20% of base)

- but you have sacrificed a talent point with spirit of decay

Rimecutter has:

- annilation

- speed

I just fully upgraded unlabored blade on my current play through. The firebug basically never goes off. Basing an entire build around using this dagger is plain stupid if you ask me. The firebug proc needs to be considerably increased. It's sad to see the developers make such a big mistake with these soul bounds.

Edited by Kingsman

- procs can be resisted

Thank you that makes sense.

It increase the base damage as an additive modifier not a scaling modifier.

Pergarorty, rimecutter and bittercut are all quite equal.

Pergatory has:

- increased base damage (sabre)

- annilation

- increase grazes to hits

Bittercut has:

- increase base damage (sabre)

- corrode damage as base that can be modified with spirit of decay ( about an extra 4 damage with a normal hit, 20% of base)

- but you have sacrificed a talent point with spirit of decay

Rimecutter has:

- annilation

- speed

I just fully upgraded unlabored blade on my current play through. The firebug basically never goes off. Basing an entire build around using this dagger is plain stupid if you ask me. The firebug proc needs to be considerably increased. It's sad to see the developers make such a big mistake with these soul bounds.

If you compare bittercut to purgatory you have basically sacrificed annilation and increased hits (and a talent point) for the extra 4 damage.

I personally think pergatory is the winner

I have done more testing on this at end levels (around level 15) with my end game .

Purgatory is the winner I think but I couldn't test drawn in spring. Can someone please shine some light on this dagger for me?

Eg is it a contender and do you need high might to make it work?

I have done more testing on this at end levels (around level 15) with my end game .

Purgatory is the winner I think but I couldn't test drawn in spring. Can someone please shine some light on this dagger for me?

Eg is it a contender and do you need high might to make it work?

You don't need high might to make it work, but the wounding part is even more effective with high might. The wounding basically adds 25% of your total damage (like a lash) in raw dmg and because it's a DOT it's increased again by might. For someone with 20mig the wounding becomes 33% more raw damage which, combined with the speed of a dagger, beats easily all weapons under normal conditions. Also the dagger gives +9 accuracy compared to sabres which means more criticals and less grazes.

but I couldn't test drawn in spring. Can someone please shine some light on this dagger for me?

Iirc I was testing wounding from Persistance and Drawn in Spring, after Kaylon had told that it stacks with itself.

It indeed does. Also confirming that it is scaling with Might twice. E.g. at 10 MIG it's 25% of your pre-DR damage. At 20 MIG it is 1.3*25% of your pre-DR damage. 

Total damage was not affected by INT through, only the duration of the dot; so it was actually reducing the dps of this lash.

Edited by MaxQuest

If you duplicated dawn in spring with the mold, dual wielded it with a rogue who had the deep wounds talents would all that wounding stack? From the wounding affliction from the dagger and deep wounds from the rogue.

That would be impressive if it did.

If you duplicated dawn in spring with the mold, dual wielded it with a rogue who had the deep wounds talents would all that wounding stack? From the wounding affliction from the dagger and deep wounds from the rogue.

That would be impressive if it did.

Yes, a rogue can even stack weapon wounding, deep wounds, runner's wounding shot and venom strike - which become even more impressive when coupled with combusting wounds (when it will work again...).

would all that wounding stack? From the wounding affliction from the dagger and deep wounds from the rogue.

Wounding dot stacks with itself.

Wounding dot stacks with deep wounds dot.

Deep wounds dot does Not stack with itself. (it get's reapplied)

would all that wounding stack? From the wounding affliction from the dagger and deep wounds from the rogue.

Wounding dot stacks with itself.Wounding dot stacks with deep wounds dot.Deep wounds dot does Not stack with itself. (it get's reapplied)

But if you dual wield dawn in spring I'll the wounding dot stack with 2 of the weapons?

I wonder if drawn in spring is really most effective weapon in gamę. It has the most dps but isn't it delayed ? For example: with sabre you deal 100 dmg in one hit, with dagger 75 and 35 more after 5 seconds. Dps is better with dagger but if enemy has 80 hp, sabre is better.

But if you dual wield dawn in spring I'll the wounding dot stack with 2 of the weapons?

I haven't tested this exact scenario. But it should be.

What I did was: hit once, stop attack, and count the ticks. It was n.

Hit twice, stop attack, and count the ticks. It was 2*n. Despite only one debuff being displayed on enemy on mouseover.

Edited by MaxQuest

Surely the wounding from dawn in spring wouldnt keep stacking as you hit? Especially wielding two of them?

So in the panel when you hover over a bad guy it would say " dawn in spring " and timer counting down multiple times with every successful hit? Like :

Dawn in spring 3.8 sec

Dawn in spring 3.0 sec

Dawn in spring 1.7 sec

Dawn in spring 1.0 sec

Can anyone confirm if it will do this?

That would be pretty serious damage getting dished out

Edited by Kingsman

Surely the wounding from dawn in spring wouldnt keep stacking as you hit? Especially wielding two of them?

So in the panel when you hover over a bad guy it would say " dawn in spring " and timer counting down multiple times with every successful hit? Like :

Dawn in spring 3.8 sec

Dawn in spring 3.0 sec

Dawn in spring 1.7 sec

Dawn in spring 1.0 sec

Can anyone confirm if it will do this?

That would be pretty serious damage getting dished out

It does stack. It's very easy to test - just hit one of your companions. Note the initial health, hit him as much as you want, add all the damage from the logs (physical and raw) and if you check his final health you'll see nothing was lost...

Edited by Kaylon

Int affects only the length of the dot, not its overall damage. With 3int you'll do X  damage over 3s and with 18int you'll do X damage over 7s. If you do for example 10 wounding damage, with 3int you'll see 2 ticks doing 5dmg and with 18int will be 3 ticks doing 3-3-4dmg.

Int affects only the length of the dot, not its overall damage. With 3int you'll do X damage over 3s and with 18int you'll do X damage over 7s. If you do for example 10 wounding damage, with 3int you'll see 2 ticks doing 5dmg and with 18int will be 3 ticks doing 3-3-4dmg.

Hmmm this is a bad design...

Int affects only the length of the dot, not its overall damage. With 3int you'll do X damage over 3s and with 18int you'll do X damage over 7s. If you do for example 10 wounding damage, with 3int you'll see 2 ticks doing 5dmg and with 18int will be 3 ticks doing 3-3-4dmg.

Hmmm this is a bad design...

Yeah the highest damage per second weapon in the game is drawn in spring wielded with 3 intelligence. Haha. That's hilarious.