What I'm seeing with the AI is that any time more than 3 player units are next to each other, any units behind them attempt to run THROUGH the front line and get stuck. They'll wiggle back and forth for a few seconds, then just give up and stand there doing nothing. I've tried messing around with the AI settings, and nothing seems to work.

Even when I turn the AI off and manually command units where to go, they often take bizarre, circuitous paths that don't make sense. For example, if a target is just out of melee range and I command my character to attack it, instead of just moving the few feet to get in range it will run the long way around any nearby units to attack. If I had any idea how to make videos I'd put one on youtube to show what I mean. I'll try to describe with a picture. 

t14rXH0.png

So if I took the character circled in pink and told it to melee the target, instead of just stepping the 2 feet to the right to attack, it will almost always run ALLLLLL the way around the outside as I've indicated.  And the rest of the time it will just run somewhere behind the line and stop moving or acting entirely.    

Personally, I don't get it at all.  Obviously not every spot on the map has enough room for everyone to get into position, but this stuff happens in OPEN FIELDS with no obstacles at all. It's bizarre. 

Edited by Eliteseraph
  • Like 1

Ok, after only 5 levels of all melee, I give up. The AI and pathing are so horrendous that half my party just runs in circles or dances in place instead of attacking something 1 foot away. How did this make it past beta? LOL!

I run melee only parties with the AI and never really have these types of problems. I have them set to Aggressive auto attacks.

But why are you lying?

What game are you playing ? Cant be PoE

Please stop fakin lying :D

Edited by Blunderboss

I went back to one of my original party builds with slight modifications: 2 chanters, 3 rangers with bears, and a cipher, all using ranged weapons.

Not only does it not suffer the pathing issues, but it rips through enemies like nothing I've tried before.

So much for melee-heavy parties. :/

Melee heavy party starts shining in WM i think where your ranged characters who have low defenses can get overrun easily , i found that going 3 Melee 3 Ranged is most optimal , 4 melees aint that bad either if one of them is rangers pet or uses reach weapons , more than that is always a mess for me .

Melee heavy party starts shining in WM i think where your ranged characters who have low defenses can get overrun easily , i found that going 3 Melee 3 Ranged is most optimal , 4 melees aint that bad either if one of them is rangers pet or uses reach weapons , more than that is always a mess for me .

I haven't yet moved into WM content. It's one of the main reasons I'm giving PoE another shot, since it seems like a different game from when I first tried it. It will be interesting to see how long the style holds up.  The bears act as a meat shield, giving the chanters time to build chants, and the cipher time to build power.  By the time the bears drop, there's summons and plenty of CC to go around.   

Edited by Eliteseraph