[3.02] Queueing actions bug

Ronin@

Question

This one is really annoying. I'm sure many of you have experienced it. Sometimes actions just stop being executed and the biggest problem is it seems to be totally random and you have no indication of it. The designated action's mini-icon is there overlayed on top of the character's portrait but he never starts executing it. It may be a real game breaker, especially when you walk the PotD. Unless you notice one of your characters(or units) is taking too long, there's really no other way to tell something's wrong and in the heat of a big battle it's pretty hard to keep track of everyone's recovery time. The only way I can show you what I mean is by making a video. Problem is I don't know when it's going happen so I'd rather not go through the trouble.

Edit: Ok, I thought of a way to show you. I'll be back with a video soon.

Edit2: I did record one example of this but the file was ridiculously big. 4.5Gb for 15 seconds of video.

Edited by Ronin@

4 answers to this question

Alright, I finally managed to do it. Here's the video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1acx0jx1ctuzqld/PillarsOfEternity%202016-04-23%2011-51-37-85.avi?dl=0

Maybe not the best example because after a huge delay (keep in mind that I didn't start recording until 5 sec elapsed since I gave the command) my character eventually did cast the spell but you get the idea. That's a character with 20 DEX by the way.

Edited by Ronin@

From my personal experience Que actions will only work if your character does not have to move to cast one of them , as soon as he has to move some **** will go wrong with AI , and he wont cast the action for some time , i only Que self buffs or Marked Prey>Wounding Shot for ranger as they never move to cast them 

Yeah, pretty much. Although my ranger gets stuck too. When I use vicious+arbalest(Hold-Wall) he takes like forever to cast Marked Prey>Wounding Shot. It's not just delay. He simply freezes and I can't even cancel the queue until I move my character.