[3.02] Combusting Wounds(CW) seems not proc dmg after hit

Gs11

Question

Recently I've tested CW and can confirm, that in 3.02  proc dmg on hit  for Combusting Wounds DOESN'T  WORK  at all. No matter  whether  source's standard hit, DoT effect or Periodical "Pulsing" effect ( like wall of flame).

Another reports: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83186-class-build-the-backlash-beldam-melee-multiretaliation-cipher-tank/?p=1801074

Step to reproduce: start fight with citizens/spawn a create  via console etc.; cast CW and  hit,no  dmg effect appear

Hope it's going to  be fix it, it's an important affliction.

Question for devs : could someone   confirm,  how CW is supposed to work, I mean  in  some version of game's files, CW's  dmg procced from standard hit + DoT effect (i.e wounding shots, wounding weapons like Tidefall)  + Pulsing  things ( chill fog, wall of flame, effects similliar to DoT, but dmg is substracted every time with DR), in other only from standard hit + Pulsing,  and with last update it's not even working with standart hit. So it's a lot of confusion here.

Pls make a respond

thanks in advance

Edited by Gs11
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

Hey Aarik D,

Thx for attention, btw. do You have idea how CW is supposed to work ( standard hit, DoT, Pulsing, all of them together/separately), what affliction could be named as "hit" or "wounded"?

Edited by Gs11

^ Nice :)

But if it getting fixed, can you elaborate on how exactly it is going to work? I mean:

- is it's damage affected by Might, Hit Quality (graze, hit, crit) and bonus Crit Multiplier (e.g. The Merciless Hand)?

- is it's duration affected by Hit Quality and INT? (and if yes does [dps] or [total damage] remain the same?)

- at 10 INT, it deals damage on: 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 20; right?

- if so, each tick deals ~0.64 damage and is checked against 0.25 of enemy burning DR?

- i.e. what damage per tick will it do against targets with 1 burning DR? 0.39 or 0 (due to rounding)

- does MIN affect the dot ticks? Or this spell is completely useless against enemies with DR of 3+?

Edited by MaxQuest

For some reason I was under impression that:

"Each times an enemy affected by combusting wounds is hit he will take also 5 burn dmg over time".

Well, if each appliance deals direct damage, and not a DoT, all questions get auto-answered. Thanks.

Edited by MaxQuest

^ Nice :)

But if it getting fixed, can you elaborate on how exactly it is going to work? I mean:

- is it's damage affected by Might, Hit Quality (graze, hit, crit) and bonus Crit Multiplier (e.g. The Merciless Hand)?

- is it's duration affected by Hit Quality and INT? (and if yes does [dps] or [total damage] remain the same?)

- at 10 INT, it deals damage on: 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 20; right?

- if so, each tick deals ~0.64 damage and is checked against 0.25 of enemy burning DR?

- i.e. what damage per tick will it do against targets with 1 burning DR? 0.39 or 0 (due to rounding)

- does MIN affect the dot ticks? Or this spell is completely useless against enemies with DR of 3+?

-Might affects dmg, INT and hit quality affects duration time also- however   skill has base 20 s duration, than divided by 4 and multiplie by INT stat

-ticks works  like You said every 3 sec

-DR is substracted from 0.25 fire  ressistent for each tick

-MIN effect works as usual, it has to be min value, no "0" effect-so it's not completely useless

but  already said that in 3.02 it doesn't work at all

Edited by Gs11