Vote or Die, who would it be?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump

• Donald (US Resident)
    • Donald (Foreign Spectator)
    • Hillary (US Resident)
    • Hillary (Foreign Spectator)

An entertaining hypothetical exercise:

Aliens have landed. They pull you and your family into the yard and say 'Trump, Clinton, or a death for you and all you care for that will make being digested by a Sarlacc look like a good time'.

Seriously though, I'm curious. If one absolutely had to make a choice, what would you choose?

Please vote honestly in regards to who, as well as in regards to whether you're actually a U.S. resident or not. Not voting isn't an option (obviously you can abstain here as no one can force you in the real world, but hypothetically for fun, please vote in the poll).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNAQ9lbe3kw

Edited by Valsuelm

We don't get the option to vote for horrible, horrible death?  It seems like the preferable option.

It'd be easier to vote if we knew who the VPs were going to be.  Then we could vote for the better VP and begin making plans for them to have a sudden rise in stature.

Anyway, I'd probably vote for the Donald, if only because he has less chance of implementing any of his insane ramblings, whereas Hillary has the shady connections to implement her insane ramblings.

I'd prefer a "none of the above" option but that would be the clear winner. Chalk up a vote for the Donald.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I wouldn't vote for Hillary because quite frankly, of ALL candidates of ALL sides, Hillary seems like the most blatantly obvious vote for the same big names and wealth that have been known as established lobbyists and play makers for years. These very same big names lobby because when their preferred candidate wins, things get even easier for them and they become even richer. If Hillary were to win, my fear is that in the 2020 or 2024 election, it would become even MORE difficult to nominate anyone else as they'd have even more cash to crush the election with.

I wouldn't vote for Trump because, quite frankly, whether that guy realizes it or not, he inadvertedly has the potential to spark race riots. Whenever race becomes a subject of discussion, he's either actively voicing disapproval of certain races or passively "condoning" hostility towards them by not speaking out against more racist views. Trump can be anything from "let's make Mexico pay" or "let's keep the Muslims out of the country until it's safer" to "I'm not gonna condemn these alleged KKK voters until I know the full story," but the result is all the same; he sets a tone where some of the more ignorant and easily swayed voters are going to feel as though their racism is validated, and then those very same people are gonna be out on the street involved in vigilante justice because they think their brave leader is supportive of their actions.

I would personally much rather see America have to clean up the mess of an incompetent idiot rather than a Washington shill because I believe that in the long run it would be easier to clean up the mess of an idiot as opposed to that of a Washington shill since the shill is likely gonna use their time to ensure that future presidents and future policies continue to favor the same people, but the idiot is just gonna hit some shiny red buttons he's not supposed to before half the White House staff have a heart attack cleaning up his mess and ensuring nothing explodes. All the same, I cannot in good conscience vote for an idiot who I believe could lead to race riots, because that's it's own brand of awful altogether.

I'd stay at home and not bother voting. Or consider burning my USA passport in an act of protest for how bad things have gotten. I mean I'm fortunate enough to have a spare country, so I could legit make such a statement and life would still go on for me.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I care about everyone and everything, including the aliens. Death to the universe!

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

If the Sarlacc were an option I'd go for that, on the basis that Boba Fett survived it.

Really though, you'd have to see them go head to head for at least a short time to make that choice. I rather suspect an open poll here would end up with something like Bernie Sanders vs Ron Paul which would at least be a bit more inspiring as a contest.

The histrionics on this thread. Lols.

As a proud Democrat, I'm solidly behind Hillary Clinton and believe that she is by far the best candidate that filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission. I believe her husband was a tremendous President and Barack Obama is as well. America is in great shape and will be continue this progressive trajectory under the inevitable Hillary Clinton Administration.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

In a lot of ways, Hillary is simply the safe choice.  She is going to continue business as usual and nothing major will really change.  She's actually a more conservative option than Obama.  

Trump seems to be running a weird parody campaign, and as entertaining as it has been, I hardly say it warrants an actual vote.

Realistically I'll throw a vote to the Libertarian or an independent candidate, but for the purposes of this exercise, the choice between a career politician and a theatrical real estate developer seems pretty easy. 

Edited by Hurlshot

The histrionics on this thread. Lols.

As a proud Democrat, I'm solidly behind Hillary Clinton and believe that she is by far the best candidate that filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission. I believe her husband was a tremendous President and Barack Obama is as well. America is in great shape and will be continue this progressive trajectory under the inevitable Hillary Clinton Administration.

QFT 

Guys this is type of post that reassures me about the future of the USA ...I understand a degree of criticism and negativity but this constant " Obama bashing "  and "Clinton is a Crook "  sentiment gets too much at times :)

Especially when it just doesn't reflect the reality of the USA 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If the Sarlacc were an option I'd go for that, on the basis that Boba Fett survived it.

Really though, you'd have to see them go head to head for at least a short time to make that choice. I rather suspect an open poll here would end up with something like Bernie Sanders vs Ron Paul which would at least be a bit more inspiring as a contest.

Putins a good president hey Zora?

He is going to restore the glory of the Russian Bear  :cat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Putins a good president hey Zora?

He is going to restore the glory of the Russian Bear :cat:

I was a fan of him telling Erdogan he was going to restore Constantinople to Christendom if he didn't stop supporting terrorists

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I believe her husband was a tremendous President 

A) He vastly expanded the drug war in what has to be the greatest injustice our government has committed against it's own people since Japanese internment (IMO it's arguable that the drug war is worse than Japanese internment).

B) He pushed the policy that the US should pursue regime change in Iraq; making that war pretty much inevitable. How'd that turn out btw?

C) The sanctions on Iraq he oversaw starved hundreds of thousands of completely innocent people to death (including children).

D) Let's not forget the good old Defense of Marriage Act.

I could go on, but this post would be a mile long.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Saw this topic title and thought it would be to vote for the next president of WoT. I am disappoint.

Aliens wouldn't want to touch the US presidential election with a ten foot pole, anyway.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My first thought would be "aren't they the same?"

GTY_trump_wedding_clintons_jef_150806_16

Then I'd say Trump because he'll absolutely destroy the US and widen the class and race divides to the point that actual change becomes inevitable. Plus, as a foreign spectator that will be hilarious to watch.

Plus, as a foreign spectator that will be hilarious to watch.

Not so much.. since the world is now so intertwined that should one of the G8 countries truely fail, all of them will.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Plus, as a foreign spectator that will be hilarious to watch.

Not so much.. since the world is now so intertwined that should one of the G8 countries truely fail, all of them will.

I'm sure TN is joking because the entire worlds economy would collapse if the USA  was somehow destroyed ..not that Trump could actually destroy the US but he could potentially take the USA back to a time similar to periods under the Bush era  where the USA was seen by many people in a very bad light

John Milton 

Yeah, ridiculous joke thread gets ridiculous joke response so I decided to go overboard (and will continue to do so about this ridiculously painful election cycle). But seriously, he won't literally destroy it but like Longknife pointed out, electing this guy is a surefire way to get widespread rioting. Not for very long, though, because I guarantee within six months he will have done something so mindblowingly idiotic that he'll get impeached. But since these choices came out of a democratic system, I guess it's no less than the US deserves. It's like being forced to choose between using a fake phallus covered in fish hooks and one that's perpetually on fire.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

I somehow suspect that The Donald would beat each one you in a game of chess.

That being said, i see him as a necessary step in lowering the pressure of the republic succumbing further into Caesarism (Bernie would've had the same effect) with letting the forces outside the establishment to play around for a little while. If he justly fails on his campaign promises, well at least he tried and the populance will want someone more competent the next time. If he succeeds, then it will show that it was high time for kicking out the current establishment. It's a win-win in the long run. That's why i wanted Bernie vs Trump in the general election. Either way, the public and the republic would've won.

Even if the media is correct and he is the nazicommiedevil incarnate who will cleanse the lands of the pure and innocent, then why not just go out in a most entertaining blaze of glory instead slowly disappearing like in a whimper? I would rather choose the most entertaining one, leaving you laughing all the way to the end.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, ridiculous joke thread gets ridiculous joke response so I decided to go overboard (and will continue to do so about this ridiculously painful election cycle). But seriously, he won't literally destroy it but like Longknife pointed out, electing this guy is a surefire way to get widespread rioting. Not for very long, though, because I guarantee within six months he will have done something so mindblowingly idiotic that he'll get impeached. But since these choices came out of a democratic system, I guess it's no less than the US deserves. It's like being forced to choose between using a fake phallus covered in fish hooks and one that's perpetually on fire.

I'm impressed with myself, I think I may just be getting the hang of how this Internet forum  humor works ....or rather when people are joking  :geek:

That being said, i see him as a necessary step in lowering the pressure of the republic succumbing further into Caesarism (Bernie would've had the same effect) with letting the forces outside the establishment to play around for a little while. If he justly fails on his campaign promises, well at least he tried and the populance will want someone more competent the next time. If he succeeds, then it will show that it was high time for kicking out the current establishment. It's a win-win in the long run. That's why i wanted Bernie vs Trump in the general election. Either way, the public and the republic would've won.

Even if the media is correct and he is the nazicommiedevil incarnate who will cleanse the lands of the pure and innocent, then why not just go out in a most entertaining blaze of glory instead slowly disappearing like in a whimper? I would rather choose the most entertaining one, leaving you laughing all the way to the end.

Look there is no doubt Trump will beat you in a game of chess but its highly unlikely he will beat me  :teehee:

But Meshugger you strike me as  a global anarchist, you seem to want chaos...I sometimes think you believe if the established institutions that help maintain order and structure in the world( like the UN, IMF, EU, ICC, NATO, global currency  etc. ) were destroyed rising up from the ashes of  a broken world would be something better than what we have  ?

Do you want a new global world?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I would destroy Donald in a chess match. I've played it that game a lot, and Donald is too busy with more important matters to practice/study chess enough to compete with me.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

My first thought would be "aren't they the same?"

GTY_trump_wedding_clintons_jef_150806_16

Then I'd say Trump because he'll absolutely destroy the US and widen the class and race divides to the point that actual change becomes inevitable. Plus, as a foreign spectator that will be hilarious to watch.

Hey, the guy proudly admitted that he was able to buy them off for his wedding, and look what happened when their foundation got the check.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4tHW9_bb08

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I too was hoping we were electing a WoT president. :(

Gfted1 can I count on your vote if there was a WoT presidential election amongst members...or do I need to bribe you first to ensure your support ?    :biggrin:

John Milton 

I'm open for bribing. My price is Overwatch beta access.

I can only help with online gifts, like Steam games, and actual money..I have no influence around beta access. Sorry TN  :(

John Milton