[3.02] Saved Games Lost.

whitewizardg

Question

HI Everybody

I recently purchased the game and its expansions and I have put about 4 hours into it so far, I always make 2 saved game files for any games I play and I have been noticing that when I go to load a save that only 1 save file shows up.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it, its lucky that I only lose 1 save file so I can still continue on with the game but I wouldn't want to eventually start up the game and discover that both my saves are gone. 

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Hey whitewizardg,

Welcome to the forums! 

Go into your AppData folder and delete the TempSaveData along with CurrentGame. You can find those folders here: 'C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Temp/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity/TempSaveData' and the folder 'CurrentGame' next to it.

But before you do, please zip those folders and email them to support so we can figure out the root of the problem. 

Let me know if that worked. Thanks!

Hey Aarik,

I had the same problem today, and I did what you recommanded (except there was not CurrentGame folder).

It worked fine after a computer reboot (Not sure it was completely necessary but it did not work after a mere game reboot).

I still have the zipped TempSaveData in case you need it.

Cheers,

Happy new year 2017 !

Hey Aarik,

I had the same problem today, and I did what you recommanded (except there was not CurrentGame folder).

It worked fine after a computer reboot (Not sure it was completely necessary but it did not work after a mere game reboot).

I still have the zipped TempSaveData in case you need it.

Cheers,

Happy new year 2017 !

Hey Elric, 

Yeah, that would be fantastic if you could send that to me!

Thanks!

I am having the same issue.  I have put over 100 hrs into this game and had no issues aside from long loading times but I started playing again from an old save in WM with the intent of finishing the game and it now grays out the continue and load boxes at start and will not recognize my saves.  For a while it was random which saves would show up and so I deleted all but about 8 saves and now it stays grayed out.  I have verified the files on steam, tried running it as admin, and deleted the tempsavedata and loaded save files but nothing seems to work.

• Like 1