Why there are no spell-holding item that trigger when miss/graze or missed/grazed ?

To me it seems Devs encourage us to build more aggressive builds and dump our res. I hope there will be some good spell triggered items for tanks. I'm playing Overfall now, which introduce me this concept of buffing your character when you miss a hit, which makes tanks more fun to play with.

Edited by dunehunter

The only thing that really springs to mind that is similar is Retaliation for a Rogue, but yeah it does seem like many high CON builds get more benefit out of dumping RES rather than boosting it for all the per crit proc items (Shod in Faith being the major one).

? For those you only need your MC to have high RES, not the rest of the party. Or what did you mean?

Edit: Of course: if you're playing with official companions only you have a point.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

? For those you only need your MC to have high RES, not the rest of the party. Or what did you mean?

Edit: Of course: if you're playing with official companions only you have a point.

What I mean is the current items are designed to encourage dumping DEF/RES, it makes low res classes has more diversity so more different builds, but for high RES classes, there aren't many item designed for them, raise def is easy but it's takes more efforts to do any offensive build on these classes. Now there are a lot items to help low def classes survive battle, and spell strike items are really make these offensive class more offensive. Special attack ability like sneak attack and carnage are really powerful on spellstrike and spellchance items. But for low accuracy more defensive classes there are not that much fun items designed for them, which I think is a shame.

Edited by dunehunter

That's true, there seem to be only a few things that trigger based on miss - the rogue has a talent for retaliation, I think the barbarian had something? It would be interesting to have talents/properties that are very good and fire on a full miss, encouraging you to build towards a higher threshold of defences.

I kinda agree that currently you cant even use most of "spell holding" or "spell striking" stuff on tanks , spell holding wont ever trigger because u dont get crit , spell striking wont ever trigger because you dont attack fast/reliable enough ( this can be worked around with 0 recovery but still )

On other hand , i believe there are no such items because they would make Tank builds too simple and too powerful you would simply get offense from stacking defense over the top which is broken idea in the first place . 

Edited by Blunderboss