When is the next patch coming out?

[*]Various game balance (particularly with Rogues and Barbarians).

Great ! I didn't even hope this would have been planned !

Sorry for my doubts, but it's true that videogames have a long story of half-baked experience ^^

Nice :)

Interesting what exactly will they choose from the list of rogue/barb suggestions ^^ (I mean besides Riposte)

P.S. If Combusting Wounds are going to get fixed, it would be great to also update it's description, to know exactly how it is supposed to work. (i.e. deep mechanics)

As of now, those 5 burning damage over 20s, could just be eaten by enemy DR.

If CW follows the rules of any other DoT: 20s duration means that there are 7 ticks with a 3s interval, and the last 8th tick is dealt after 2s more, for 2/3 damage:

ticks (s): 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 | 20

damage: 5~= 0.65x7 + 0.43

And than those under 1 dmg ticks are going against 1/4 of target's burning DR... 

Edited by MaxQuest

Hey guys, apologies for the silence. Patch 3.03 should be coming out towards the end of this month.

Here are some of the things we are trying to address in the next update:
  • Shield deflection and reflexes are stacking on enemies during save/load.
  • NPCs are not turning hostile from conversations for some players.
  • Combusting Wounds is not doing damage.
  • The biography is not updating after collecting spring berries.
  • There are some performance problems related to snow footprints.
  • Russetwood Ogres are turning hostile after transitioning in and out of certain areas.
  • Graze to Hit on One-Handed Style and Confident Aim are applying to spells (instead of only to weapon attacks). 
  • Druids are unable to use Second Wind or Outlander's Frenzy while spiritshifted.
  • Healing and friendly effects being cast by a chanter are not affecting the chanter itself.
  • Various game balance (particularly with Rogues and Barbarians).

THANK_YOU.gif

• Like 3

Sigh... while it's great that we are getting a patch, it seems the ETA quite some time away. Would have loved a partial fix on the save-reload stacking bug which is breaking some important fights, but I guess this is a remote possibility now. Disappointment mixed in with sad relief, though I appreciate the support at the end of this product's cycle.

• Like 1

Sigh... while it's great that we are getting a patch, it seems the ETA quite some time away. Would have loved a partial fix on the save-reload stacking bug which is breaking some important fights, but I guess this is a remote possibility now. Disappointment mixed in with sad relief, though I appreciate the support at the end of this product's cycle.

My guess would be that the long delay in the 3.03 patch is precisely because of that horrible stacking bug, because if they release yet another patch without that bug completely fixed there's likely to be bloodshed. :biggrin:

they could simply admit, that at this moment they NOT working on it

I just talked to Feargus. He confirmed that they are absolutely NOT working on a patch. Apparently they had a meeting and all decided that it was kinda silly to continue supporting the only IP they have, even though it was the game that more or less saved the company.

I hate to say it, but you've been right this wholeof   time. I'm sorry. We all should have listened to you sooner.

What should we do next?

i understand you finished the game and not play anymore and  not very  intrest in? that's how i can understand only this irony and  this ''itt is bugsidian,let them work,keep waiting players" approach

but there a lot new ppl,game is a mess and better to sit in silence and have naive faith that they're doing sth and f... community-they don't deserve any response?

since they don't have enough power,  sure we can wait, time after tyranny premiere would be ok also yep? maybe meantime we'd gratefully deserve some  info

well maybe to you it's enough,congrats , you  warrior of obsidian order ,they making notes after all; btw.check meaning of support 

Unfortunately, we seem to have reached a point where I can't even pretend to understand what you're saying.

But the good news is that now you have your update. Hopefully that means you're finished.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I feel you mate.

I was hoping for a Hot Fix for stacking bug myself, but now i know that it wont happened. And since this game is no longer playable for me, I have to put it for better times. Its just sad, that I already bought it and unable to do anything with it, feels like I made a Pre Ordered and waiting for the release date :(

The bug was introduced with the last patch. 

Apparently no one understands that a) these things happen and b) regression testing can be a long, laborious process.

"It's just software. Fix it" sounds great if you've never tried to write code before. People love to assume that Obsidian is just lazy. Not sure why.

• Like 2

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Apparently no one understands that a) these things happen and b) regression testing can be a long, laborious process.

"It's just software. Fix it" sounds great if you've never tried to write code before. People love to assume that Obsidian is just lazy. Not sure why.

But the good news is that now you have your update. Hopefully that means you're finished.

hmm people assume that Obsidian's lazy, maybe becouse  they haven't response for such long time, maybe becouse hard to say if they are working actually on patch for PoE, simultaneously working  on another project ,maybe  becouse hard to say if they have  big enough staff, since  they seem to  be  not so active here ?

and yes, we finally got the answer from Obsidian... now  You try to  guess, why some  new dev member has   make an account and finally efforted to post  his first ever   reply here... ohh  becouse community wanted some answer and  made their   multiplie, determined statments here and there  was  nobody else to do it before  ?? seems like .

of course, if we would be so cool and  Obs-supportive as You are, we'd get answer sooner or LATER as well yep? saying "your"update  it only confirms your actual concern( as I've mentioned above, but  seemed you dont understand or do not want ) and this "cool ,wait,quiet support" ,  so sorry dude but I  don't  completely care about  Your  instructive and calming  messages 

Edited by Gs11
  • Like 1

Hey guys, apologies for the silence. Patch 3.03 should be coming out towards the end of this month.

Here are some of the things we are trying to address in the next update:
  • Shield deflection and reflexes are stacking on enemies during save/load.
  • NPCs are not turning hostile from conversations for some players.
  • Combusting Wounds is not doing damage.
  • The biography is not updating after collecting spring berries.
  • There are some performance problems related to snow footprints.
  • Russetwood Ogres are turning hostile after transitioning in and out of certain areas.
  • Graze to Hit on One-Handed Style and Confident Aim are applying to spells (instead of only to weapon attacks). 
  • Druids are unable to use Second Wind or Outlander's Frenzy while spiritshifted.
  • Healing and friendly effects being cast by a chanter are not affecting the chanter itself.
  • Various game balance (particularly with Rogues and Barbarians).

-I assume that future fix with def/ref stacking would refer to high  enemies dmg also?->http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85938-302-are-skeletal-fighters-supposed-to-hit-you-for-160-damage/

-any chance for fix for double trigger proc in this "various game balance" or anywhere?

it's also pretty important bug  for gameplay

Edited by Gs11

Various game balance (particularly with Rogues and Barbarians).

All is great news, but this got me curious.

I am betting that the Barbarian base Deflection is finally getting buffed, after I (and others) have pointed out several times that it's laughably low.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I am betting that the Barbarian base Deflection is finally getting buffed, after I (and others) have pointed out several times that it's laughably low.

The funny thing about barb is that even with this stupid defense... they just don't die. They are just meatbag, especially with a little Con, Draining weapon and Savage defense.

I hope Rogue would get a x5 Health multiplier like other martials (even ranger). Resting because Melee Rogue is out of Health just happens too often ^^

Edited by Elric Galad

hmm people assume that Obsidian's lazy, maybe becouse  they haven't response for such long time, maybe becouse hard to say if they are working actually on patch for PoE, simultaneously working  on another project ,maybe  becouse hard to say if they have  big enough staff, since  they seem to  be  not so active here ?

and yes, we finally got the answer from Obsidian... now  You try to  guess, why some  new dev member has   make an account and finally efforted to post  his first ever   reply here... ohh  becouse community wanted some answer and  made their   multiplie, determined statments here and there  was  nobody else to do it before  ?? seems like .

of course, if we would be so cool and  Obs-supportive as You are, we'd get answer sooner or LATER as well yep? saying "your"update  it only confirms your actual concern( as I've mentioned above, but  seemed you dont understand or do not want ) and this "cool ,wait,quiet support" ,  so sorry dude but I  don't  completely care about  Your  instructive and calming  messages 

Thank you for saving us.

• Like 2

You're quite correct, thanks to your whining some poor soul had to waste time creating an account and writing up an update instead doing more productive work / resting. This won't get us the patch any sooner mind you, we just know they're working on it. Which most of us knew anyway, so uh... Yay? Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

You're quite correct, thanks to your whining some poor soul had to waste time creating an account and writing up an update instead doing more productive work / resting. This won't get us the patch any sooner mind you, we just know they're working on it. Which most of us knew anyway, so uh... Yay?

I hope this was a sarcasm from your side.

How the hell answering a question on Official forum, prevents from doing an update?

The funny thing about barb is that even with this stupid defense... they just don't die. They are just meatbag, especially with a little Con, Draining weapon and Savage defense.

I hope Rogue would get a x5 Health multiplier like other martials (even ranger). Resting because Melee Rogue is out of Health just happens too often ^^

In my experience, on PotD, the barbarian dies in every encounter unless I tak special care to keep him away from heat, which is hilarious because it defeats the purpose of having a barbarian.

If they buff the rogue though, I'd be surprised. I've been able to make insanely powerful rogues, with high survivability, thanks to accessible abilities that help break engagement.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Thanks for informing us sir jbritch. There's another thing I've encountered that may or may not be a bug. Often enemies will hit you with an astronomical amount of damage, and it will kill you even if it's a graze and have 30 damage reduction. Is this working as intended? I can understand enemies could have lethal attacks, but enemies with death strikes should be limited to bosses, or should be very hard to pull off both by players and enemy characters.

• Like 1

You're quite correct, thanks to your whining some poor soul had to waste time creating an account and writing up an update instead doing more productive work / resting. This won't get us the patch any sooner mind you, we just know they're working on it. Which most of us knew anyway, so uh... Yay?

congrats believe and hope, I prefer facts

It wasn't a waste of time from my perspective.  As a customer of Obsi's, I value someone from the company taking the time to communicate with me about what the company's plans are for patching the game (and let's not be melodramatic, the ten minutes it took to write up a quick post on the forums isn't going to dramatically delay the patch or anything else he was working on).

Edited by Yosharian

and let's not be melodramatic, the ten minutes it took to write up a quick post on the forums isn't going to dramatically delay the patch or anything else he was working on

Why do you guys assume I said anything of the sort? Where? Of course it doesn't delay the patch, that would be silly. And yes, absolutely, communication with a customer is a great thing at any given point. I'm pretty sure Obsidian would have announced the patch anyway, sooner or later, trough a bit more official way. I just don't particularly like bullies is all and the "concerned customer" act Gs11 is throwing around here is just that - an attempt to bully the developer trough riling up people on the boards. Majority of you didn't fall for that which is great, and developer opting to respond is even better, but the bully pretending it was due to his whining makes me vomit a little on the inside.

congrats believe and hope, I prefer facts

what suppose to be sold, already have sold... simple as that 

but for sure they will not increase number of backers for next project with keeping players to wait,  left the game in that state, with new bugs introducing with new "patch",messy as hell,so many skills,descriptions, characters leveling combined with skills/talent adjusting after so long time since premiere, don't care if it is  main game/expansion obstruction, that's thier work  to make it right(release expansion  and suprise something has broken with gameplay  ), it's  ridiculous and  " get used to it's Obsdian's game doesn't help" ...

they could simply admit, that at this moment they NOT working on it

No. No, you do not prefer facts :-P Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 4

and let's not be melodramatic, the ten minutes it took to write up a quick post on the forums isn't going to dramatically delay the patch or anything else he was working on

Why do you guys assume I said anything of the sort? Where? Of course it doesn't delay the patch, that would be silly. And yes, absolutely, communication with a customer is a great thing at any given point. I'm pretty sure Obsidian would have announced the patch anyway, sooner or later, trough a bit more official way. I just don't particularly like bullies is all and the "concerned customer" act Gs11 is throwing around here is just that - an attempt to bully the developer trough riling up people on the boards. Majority of you didn't fall for that which is great, and developer opting to respond is even better, but the bully pretending it was due to his whining makes me vomit a little on the inside.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favour of bullying devs.  I do, however, think a little communication at times like these is deserved.

@Fenixp

you calling  whining and credit answer from obs  to myself 

becouse community wanted some answer and  made their   multiplie, determined statments here

where exactly  I credit it to myself, problem  to see the   difference  between single/plural?

there  was  nobody else to do it before

no one from devs  didn't answer before-not user

so think again or  try to focus a little same to you @Achilles   ... no comments 

Edited by Gs11