When is the next patch coming out?

I actually haven't played the game yet. At first I was going to wait for the first few patches (I have a bad history of managing to find every game breaking bug in existence)... then I was going to wait for the first expansion... which was a "Part 1." So I figured I might as well wait for Part 2. Then when that came out, I arbitrarily decided to wait just a few... patches... more...

I can make it. And maybe wait for IE mod to catch up while I'm at it...

Anywho, I look forward to whenever this next patch comes out, I think I'll be ready to dive in then.

Seriously people, it's been like a month since the last patch. Does anyone here think they have a patch but are intentionally keeping it from us because that's what passes for fun at Obsidian HQ?

The next patch will be out when they have something to release. Just like the last 25 patches they've pushed.

well indeed time between  last significant patch and next upcoming it's already longer than any other in the past....

well they indeed have not something but  have A LOT  of mistakes to repair, inlcuding those like defence for enemies, which makes  game's progress unplaybale

beside that, numbers o bugs should decrease with so many patches already, rather than that ,  some patches makes new more having impact bugs... complete absurdity

it's not about " give the f.. patch", it's about ignoring players, no response at all  and keeping them in the dark 

It passed a month and besides  activity  of making bugs notes,with no smallest response, no ETA of EVEN BETA, everything else is like abandoned- so something it's not right here and that worries most...

so sorry  but You delude

in case You don't know what I'm talkig about:

- enemies defence after save/load

-proc abilities from items

-abilities proc number 

aforegoing bugs warp gameplay badly

ps. my patience for devs have   limitations, and it's frustrating, after so  much time  player stuck in the middle,  couse game  is bugged as hell and forced  to back to previous less messy patches or spend time to figure out which pach have "x" bug and which not, or trying modify himself

instead of fun of play I have frustratiion about how to make it working in satisfying way, couse this or that supprisly is  not working

Edited by Gs11
  • Like 1

I actually haven't played the game yet. At first I was going to wait for the first few patches (I have a bad history of managing to find every game breaking bug in existence)... then I was going to wait for the first expansion... which was a "Part 1." So I figured I might as well wait for Part 2. Then when that came out, I arbitrarily decided to wait just a few... patches... more...

I can make it. And maybe wait for IE mod to catch up while I'm at it...

Anywho, I look forward to whenever this next patch comes out, I think I'll be ready to dive in then.

maybe Obsidian wanne release enhanced edition before tyranny 

my advice: wait man,summer's coming  ;p

Edited by Gs11

it's not about " give the f.. patch", it's about ignoring players, no response at all  and keeping them in the dark 

It passed a month and besides  activity  of making bugs notes,with no smallest response, no ETA of EVEN BETA, everything else is like abandoned- so something it's not right here and that worries most...

They post almost every day in the tech support forum. Sorry to hear that they aren't meeting your expectations, but to say that they've "abandoned" the game is just factually wrong.

But I'll repeat my earlier question: Bitching helps how?

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

It's not 'gamebreaking' in the way that hard crashes are, but in any case, releasing a new expansion means there's going to be bugs going around the system anew. 

Anyway, gamebreaking or not, inevitable or not, bugs suck. It costs a lot of money to keep patching a game, which is why it often cannot be done indefinitely, but hopefully they're able to push a couple more out.

It's not 'gamebreaking' in the way that hard crashes are, but in any case, releasing a new expansion means there's going to be bugs going around the system anew. 

Anyway, gamebreaking or not, inevitable or not, bugs suck. It costs a lot of money to keep patching a game, which is why it often cannot be done indefinitely, but hopefully they're able to push a couple more out.

Nah, its gamebreaking in a way that you can't progress anyfurther (unless cheats). Atleast from what i'm understanding, might that explain the 120-130 deflection adra animats on od nua level 7 i encountered? Killed them with chanters White Worms spell. (either i get insane results or nothing with it :D)

in case You don't know what I'm talkig about:

- enemies defence after save/load

-proc abilities from items

-abilities proc number 

The enemies defence save/load is gamebreaking.

The proc being slightly off or doing double isn't gamebreaking so that can take time.

I do expect obsidian to fix the save/load fast (assumed they already had).  Sofar it hasnt troubled me too much on PotD.

Obsidian has put a lot of effort in do rebalancing even making huge changes so that has given them a lot of good will from me. So i can live with some bugs not fixed and i'm not expecting much in rebalance.....I can live with some spells/abilities being meh at this point.  Maybe they'll do a rebalance patch 3 months before release of their next game. 

Edited by Taelon

I think that untill now Obsidian successive patches have been pretty satisfying (considering this is a game with average budget).

However, considering that we are probably close to the end of PoE patching, most of us are probably a little anxious about remaining issues.

Defenses save/load bug reminds me of BGII Firkrag's dungeon bug : Greater Wolfwere stacked infinite regeneration to the point it was unkillable by anything except instant death spells. This survived until Enhanced Edition, so I hope it will not be the same with PoE...

I can understand that it might not be economically rational to keep working on their game. However, I hope they will commit a bit more than other companies, at least as a reward for their backer confident contribution. After all, their business model relies on us.

At least I hope they will communicate about their "patching plan". It's obvious that people will complain if Obsidian doesn't correct what they think derserve correcting. But that's life, and that would be a honnest approach.

Basically, I won't cry too much for now, but a bit of communication from their side would be nice.

Edited by Elric Galad

crossing my fingers as the Save/Load bug has NEVER happened to me.  That is likely because I only play Trial of Iron (PotD obviously!) So I don't save or Load.  I just quit when I am done playing and hit continue when I get back on.  Also the only time I did not play Trial of Iron (first run every about 800 hours ago lol) I did not save scum.  I understand that you play how you play but people who save and load after every fight probably deserve it dammit.  Ok I am semi kidding that should be fixed its a crap bug but its kind of justice for a player like me who despises save scumming.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

There is a way around the Defense stack bug.  Do not save or and then load in the same map that you recruited an NPC (for the friendly defense stack bug) and for the enemy defense stack which only seems to happen in that certain dungeon in WM (not Durgans battery) just don't save and Load in the same Map.  If you are going to SAVE leave the area and save then come back when you load in.  If you died and saved in that area I am not sure....try exiting the game entirely and hitting CONTINUE and not load.  I know that it crap and you shouldn't have to do that but that defense stack bug doesn't seem (crossing my fingers) to happen to Trial of Iron players.  Because there is no reason so save and load.  I guess it could happen if for some reason you saved on the spot.  the game then exits and you hit the load button but there is no reason to as the game will automatically save when you exit on ToI.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

They post almost every day in the tech support forum. Sorry to hear that they aren't meeting your expectations, but to say that they've "abandoned" the game is just factually wrong.

But I'll repeat my earlier question: Bitching helps how?

making notes with no response at all means one thing.... they're not working on patch atm and it won't be soooooon...

for me 3.02  is to messy,gameplay is wraped with this all skills proc/not proper mechanic problems, progression pretty much  impossible with defences thing +  fact that new patch makes bigger bugs is unacceptable after so much time 

so sorry but  acting like "sitting quiet and don't give a ..." it's not worth  backer's support anymore

I don't check forums everyday  like I used to and  I've  lost intrest in  this product   as they have

ps. I don't know if "bitching" or whatever You called will help(seems no one care), so I can assume   it's a waste of breath

Edited by Gs11
  • Like 1

The way this defence stacking bug is being described, it is game-breaking.  At least one user has posted in this thread stating that he cannot progress because of the bug.

The spellstrike and talent bugs described by other users in this thread also sound serious and non-trivial, if not game-breaking.

This is completely unacceptable for a game that should be near the end of its patching cycle, if not at the end - it was released in March 2015.

This cannot be tossed aside with a mere 'oh it's Obsidian'.  It's unacceptable.

• Like 1

A lot of these bugs are due to mechanical changes and the DLC, when I played the game right before WM1 I don't remember any noticeable bugs. I haven't noticed the defense stacking, though I suppose that would explain the unexpectedly hard time I had with a couple of fights.

Playing on Iron Man prevents the bug from happening .

Correct.  Like we said before. I only play Iron Man (there are down sides to this) and never run into the issue.  Ever.  After 1000 hours.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Doing Iron Man runs is great and all, but as long as the game features non iron man runs as a default and fully supported setting, it should be considered a semi game breaking bug and taken with that kind of severity. I know you don't care, Torm, but I'm willing to bet majority does not play Iron Man and would like to see the bugs fixed without being told to play in a way they don't enjoy.

• Like 2

Doing Iron Man runs is great and all, but as long as the game features non iron man runs as a default and fully supported setting, it should be considered a semi game breaking bug and taken with that kind of severity. I know you don't care, Torm, but I'm willing to bet majority does not play Iron Man and would like to see the bugs fixed without being told to play in a way they don't enjoy.

You are 10000000000000000000000000000% right.  Was just a suggestion.  If you see my previous post while I do jest about Iron Man I say its crap and must be fixed.  No doubt.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Just dont "upscale" WM and WM2 and the higher defenses will become irrelevant . Obviously when you are aware of the bug dont save/load hundred times just because you feel like it . More to that if you quick save enemies dont magicaly increase defense , you need to load the game, well dont load unless your main character/beloved companiontard died  , just imagine this as "Iron Man Light version " where every time you load it becomes harder .

And those people who havent played PoE yet , well you waited so long you might wait 2-3 more months for "the final complete version"

Edited by Blunderboss