When is the next patch coming out?

The bug I reported (sword and shield style bug) seems to be persistent in save files, even if you leave the area and come back. When are you going to release another patch? Please consider micropatches, instead of one lump sum patch releases. Oh wait, maybe it's because of " " " "how the Unity engine works" " " "? :facepalm: I'm starting to lose faith in this company. Can't you find a way to deploy patches in small batches, going around the deficiencies of Unity? I don't know, maybe a separate launcher like in Baldur's Gate 2? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9KLUPOa.gif

Edited by EtherGun

It's not the bugs in the computer program that's the problem. It's the "bugs" in their decision making. As much as I want them to fix computer bugs, I'd like them to "fix" their oversight and/or lack of foresight (ie. are you going to do the same **** with Tyranny?).

(ie. are you going to do the same **** with Tyranny?).

Yes. Yes, they are. Have you actually played anything by Obsidian past ... Well, their entire existence. I think Pillars might be the most polished and bug-free game I have ever played by Obsidian.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

Oh Great and Wise Obsidian, I beg of you, this humble peasant and servant of yours beseech your infinite wisdom and omnipotent power. I pray to you Obsidian, give us our timely patches and forgive us our transgressions. May your everlasting light cast your enemies asunder, let your glory shine upon your devoted followers. My life for you Obsidian! My life for you Almighty Obsidian, creator of Pillars of Eternity and South Park Stick of Truth! I beseech you our master, give us our timely patches and forgive us our transgressions. In the name of the Steam, the Unity Engine, and the Dungeons and Dragons.

Amen.

the-praying-cat.jpg

• Like 3

Well there are not going to be many more patches coming Pillars way. It's at the end of its developement cycle... So maybe one more patch, 2-3 at the most. Obs have actually done a great job with their support on this game.

• Like 5

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I think they definitely should sort the bug out with defense stacking on quick save/quick load in some areas. As someone who saves extremely regularly (force of habit for any PC game given most of them have some bugs) it'd be nice not to be somewhat penalised for this.

Agree... This one was almost game breaking for me... Was in the middle of Galvino's workshop for my very first WM playthrough, lvl7, POTD + Expert.

Was wondering why I had that much trouble until I saw the bug report. Had to cheese pretty hard to be honest to get through it.

Should have been a hotfix of some sort.

Yeah there are a bunch of bugs that really hinder the game. Enemy keeps getting more deflection when save/load, confident aim does insanely high damage, item spellstrike effect and spells happen double times than they supposed to be. Really annoying problems need high priority to get fixed.

Any news about future  update devs???

It's completely silence even about announcement for next beta patch..But still are significant isuess,demanding to repair.

With 3.02 mistakes like crazy high defenses,attacks for some enemies, overpowered number of proc effects for spells from items, some skills proc number times .. game is somehow messy and  unplayable in some cases with enemies bugs.

It passed a month and besides  activity  of making bugs notes, everything else is like abandoned. The worst thing is that,  sometimes is  better to unpatch and back to previous version, couse new update make single,bigger,more having impact mistakes on gameplay.

So really,  very strong hoping for next patch and thanks for works thus far.

well imo there will be at least one more patch (3.03) and maybe some kind of hotfix to fix 3.03 specific bugs after that ,

honestly i dont believe obsidian could invest so much time in PoE and then leave it at its current ultra bugged state 

Well,seeing completely no response from Obsidian, it's really start  to looking like Blizzard's soon...

Worst thing current 3.2 combat,skills gameplay   it's more unstable like previous i.e 3.0

So much patches, bugs since release and left games with mess like this....?

I understand new production cycle, but at least small answer  will be  much appreciated or small  signle patches for major skills mechanic issues.

Seriously people, it's been like a month since the last patch. Does anyone here think they have a patch but are intentionally keeping it from us because that's what passes for fun at Obsidian HQ?

The next patch will be out when they have something to release. Just like the last 25 patches they've pushed.

• Like 6

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

That's the issue.

They should have fixed the deflection bug right away THEN take their time for more polish.

I mean, I'm stuck in the game. I literally cannot progress through the White March because of it.

You never want to wait 2 months to look at game breaking bugs.

• Like 1

To add on top of that, some people (myself included) are waiting with their purchase of the expansion because of that glitch - it's really major and i wouldn't want it to ruin my playthrough. Some news on that would be appreciated.

Playing on Iron Man mode prevents save/load glitch from happening ;D

amen.  I always play Ironman so have never run into it in over 750 hours.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Again, the assumption is that they have a fix and aren't releasing it. What if they don't?

"Then they should be working on one"

What if they are?

Bitching helps how?

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."