Now crashes at every loading screen

necrotheninja

Question

Hello, for some reason, today, Pillars of Eternity now crashes at every loading screen although it worked perfectly fine in the past. This began before the update. I figured files may have become corrupted so I wiped everything and reinstalled Pillars. I also defraged, turned off all non system start up programs and even opened up more RAM. I have attached the error logs and my CPU specs. I appreciate the time you take to help me to resolve this issue. Thank you.

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

3 answers to this question

Hey guys!

The reason you are experiencing these crashes is due to having a 32bit OS. The game does not fully support 32bit, but theres a trick you can use to fix the issue. 

You can change your system settings on your computer to increase RAM used by a single application.  However, there are inherent risks involved when changing settings involving your operating system and any attempts to change your system settings will be at your own risk.  Obsidian is not liable for any issues that might occur with those settings. Heres the link: http://windows7themes.net/en-us/32-bit-use-bcdedit-set-increaseuserva-to-increase-ram-used-by-single-application/

Thankis a bunch!