PCGAMER interview with Fargo, Sawyer, and Walton.

http://www.pcgamer.com/brian-fargo-josh-sawyer-and-gordon-walton-on-the-history-and-future-of-rpgs/1/

Pretty rad interview overall. But I'd like to focus on the very last section by Josh. 

"JS: We wrapped up Pillars, we released the second part of the expansion. We have a few ideas for more patch stuff that we want to do, because there’s still some balance things or content tweaks, but otherwise we’re kind of prototyping for things we want to do in the future, just looking at things that we tried doing earlier that we weren’t able to do, technologically, that we think could make for a much richer experience. We’d really like to do a sequel. Obviously we don’t have anything to announce about that, but that’s what we’re kind of looking into. And people are putting out some really cool stuff. So yeah, that’s extremely vague, but there you go."

Personally, I will take that as an official announcement of PoE 2. ;)

Well, there is one way to get a clearer answer: abduct him and interrogate him.  With waterboarding or whatever.

This is the second time I have suggested interrogating Obsidian employees against their will, twice in row in fact, maybe there is something wrong with me...

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

There definitely is Flintlock, it's that you haven't executed your own plan yet ;)

Of course I haven't, everyone would dead if I had... I mean, er, what plan?  I got no plan to commit planetary destruction, I have no clue what you are talking about...  :-

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I will read the full interview later on but based on OP's quete I do take this as a confirmation. Also about that "we’re kind of prototyping" statement; I think "random" events happening in Caed Nua which solvable by reputation or Creature Immunates are what they are experimenting with.

• Like 1

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

just looking at things that we tried doing earlier that we weren’t able to do, technologically, that we think could make for a much richer experience.

3rd person one-character action rpg for PoE 2!  :D

Naaah, I don't thinks so - just kidding. But I'd welcome a full 3D isometric game tbh

Well, look -- it seemed pretty clear from the outset that many of 3.0's features (from spell mastery to knockout injuries) weren't needed for PoE but were instead introduced to see whether players might like to see them in PoE2.  I'm glad to hear Josh taking small steps toward saying PoE2 is in the cards and hope it will be even better than PoE! 

Yeah, I'm hoping PoE is to PoE 2 what SRR was to DF, NWN OC was to HotU, or NWN 2 OC was to MotB. Maybe BG to BG2, but I'm the weird guy who prefers BG1. The game did a lot of stuff in the right direction, just seems some hiccups in the development cycle messed it up a bit.

^ as soon as they announce it, they'll get the "when/how/what?" pressure - Assuming they don't need a kickstarter, they'll probably get a bit more groundwork done before announcing it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: