Loads are slow

sku

Question

I've returned to the game and wanted to play through WM2. I discovered that my loads are loading very very very, very slow. My save is a new one, it's a new game started after installing WM2 (but before 3.02). I have a good enough machine, Asus ROG though without SSDs but still, it used to be fine (played PoE before). Now... I'm completely upset. I WANT to play the game. But I just CAN'T. Each game load takes like half a minute. It makes me cry. I deleted all my previous saves except the current one. I reinstalled the game from scratch. I honestly don't know what to do and how to play it. 

Edited by sku

7 answers to this question

So, my current save (level 5-6 at Copperlane district) takes 47 seconds to load and the new one in the starting camp takes 21 seconds. Still slow, but not THAT slow, but maybe because it's just the very start of the game.

Edited by sku

Any chance you have a lot of saved games?  I try to keep mine to ~100 and archive the rest to another folder.  This is on a pretty speedy SSD, so if you're on a mechanical drive, YMMV.  At one point, I was up to over 300 saved games and it was taking several minutes for the load or save screens to appear.

Any chance you have a lot of saved games?  I try to keep mine to ~100 and archive the rest to another folder.  This is on a pretty speedy SSD, so if you're on a mechanical drive, YMMV.  At one point, I was up to over 300 saved games and it was taking several minutes for the load or save screens to appear.

I deleted all my previous saves except the current one. 

Hi all. Having a similar issue on my Xbox One and haven't seen a resolution anywhere.

I was a Kickstarter backer oh-so-many years ago (gmail tells me I signed up on 9/20/12), but when the game came out, my poor laptop couldn't handle it. I was excited when it came out for consoles (even though it meant I had to buy it again) because I was able to play it with good performance...at first. I got as far as Caed Nua (and a few layers deep) when the load times had become notably extended. It got to the point where the load times were taking several minutes. I tried to push through, but when you're going into and out of buildings, I found I was waiting more than I was playing. Intense sadness ensued. This was all last year or some such (however long ago the game came out for console), so I came back to it last week thinking surely there had been a patch or update or something to make the game playable...and I'm not seeing anything.

Has this issue been acknowledged/addressed anywhere? I've been supporting this game for five and a half years, bought it twice, and still can't play it. #masochist  At this point, I probably won't be getting Pillars 2 (sadness) because I'd rather not have the same issue.

Thanks!