What You Did Today

Tale

Oh happy day, the fan light does have a dimmer! Pays to rtfm. Now I have the weighty decision of going fishing or laying back down for a while.

Go fish? Its relaxing right...how much effort is in time to go fishing now as opposed to chilling at home, thats how I would decide 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Got the day off, made my gf breakfast and going to get everything ready to stay in tonight.

Speaking of health and hell, I attended my sister's funeral today.

**** that's rough. Condolences man.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

A bit late, but my sincerest condolences, Bartimaeus.

@ShadySands: I'm like your wife in that regard: I just can't take air whiffing in my face over and over. I can barely have a window open, then... Boom! A cold, or a sinus infection. Of course, all in accordance with that Murphy law, my wife is like you. Let's just say - we've tried to arrange some kind of compromise during hot days (which are rare this far north, thankfully.)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Oh happy day, the fan light does have a dimmer! Pays to rtfm. Now I have the weighty decision of going fishing or laying back down for a while.

Go fish? Its relaxing right...how much effort is in time to go fishing now as opposed to chilling at home, thats how I would decide 

:lol:  The only effort in fishing is getting to the water. In my case that takes about 10 minutes.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:lol:  The only effort in fishing is getting to the water. In my case that takes about 10 minutes.

Yes but you need to  pack your kit and then travel somewhere, then you still need to actually fish and maybe you dont catch anything..and you very fortunate because of your access to the Cold Creek

Look I have been never  fishing in my life, its one of those things I have this nostalgic view on...I'm sure its not as romantic as I imagine  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Got two kittens. My heart grew three sizes today. Time to trim it again.

I'm waiting for one at the moment, he's supposed to be big enough in august/september to be separated from his mother. :)

Bit envious right now, I really want him here, preferably last month.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yes but you need to  pack your kit and then travel somewhere, then you still need to actually fish and maybe you dont catch anything..and you very fortunate because of your access to the Cold Creek

Look I have been never  fishing in my life, its one of those things I have this nostalgic view on...I'm sure its not as romantic as I imagine  8)

Fishing is great. Cleaning your catch for cooking is another story. I've released more than one fish because it seemed like such hassle to clean and fillet them.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just installed a retractable screen door like a world champion carpenter, hacksaw, cordless drill, the whole bit. Airflow capacity has been quintupled. In fact it's so cold in here now I might have to break out the space heater. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

i went fishing once... didn't liked it. just sitting there waiting for a bite is too passive for my tastes, besides i'm not a big fan of fish (except for tuna).

i never tried hunting, but i think i would enjoy that. i have a natural talent for stalking prey quietly like a cat. 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Thats exactly what I like about fishing, its relaxing nature. Im a lazy fisherman. I throw a couple of lines in the water, set up my folding chair, and sit back and watch the world go by. For excitement, open ocean deep sea and trolling are the way to go. There there be dragons. :yes:

Got two kittens. My heart grew three sizes today. Time to trim it again.

I'm waiting for one at the moment, he's supposed to be big enough in august/september to be separated from his mother. :)

Bit envious right now, I really want him here, preferably last month.

Should have gotten two. Cats love company and there's nothing more adorable than two kittens playing.

I got up early to cut the grass and start trimming the trees that are now hanging over the fence. After they are cut up and stacked for burning it should be time for the Rays/Red Sox game.

Thomas Sowell

Ugh, ****ing Portuguese.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Should have gotten two. Cats love company and there's nothing more adorable than two kittens playing.

True, but I'd have to many then, already have 3.5 cats. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Went to some Italian place at the Broadmoor hotel in Colorado Springs for dinner. It was nice but smokey since something somewhere is on fire

13654196_10154178388096223_7809763825808

Geez you weren't joking when you said you were  unphased by what people in Kazakhstan thought about the USA...it really doesnt bother you  ;)

John Milton 

Heh, thanks kgambit. The missus bought me a wee little one that fits in the palm of my hand and I'm terrifically bad at flying it. Thank god I started out with a cheapo model.

Gfted1 would you like this as a present ? Would you use it?

John Milton 

I appreciate the offer but I only accept cash money bribes. :p

Yes but I can buy it online and get it delivered to you?

Dont worry about the money, consider it a gift 

And you may be wondering " why would he want to buy me a present ", my response would be has no one ever bought you a present ?

John Milton 

Thanks BVC, but I must respecfully decline. :)

Sure, let me know if you change your mind 

John Milton