What You Did Today

Tale

I went to see rasslin' in Gastonia last night.  Good show with several good matches and one really crazy match where a number of chairs were pulverized, well worth the price of admission.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I remember when I was a kid I got into an argument with my father when he told me professional wrestling wasn't real. That was pretty embarassing now that I look back on it.  I could make a better case Santa Claus was real.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wrestling is fake?  Whaaaaaat!?

Shocked-CM-Punk.gif

Oh no, now it's ruined for me!

On a serious note, while the outcomes are predetermined and the entire point of wrestling is to make it look like you're beating the **** out of each other while hurting each other as little as possible, gravity is a real thing you can't fake and wrestlers take some really nasty bumps.  I can see why so many of them wind up addicted to pain killers or drugs.  Their bodies take a serious beating.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh they are definitely atheletes. I just can't believe there was ever a time I believed it wasn't a show.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I really developed a respect for wrestling after watching Tough Enough on MTV.  It might not be a traditional sporting event, but they do some crazy work to reach the level they are performing at.

Day #2 of decluttering. Still sucks as mainly my mom's raging and cursing at everyone. Not looking forward to redoing the floors, that kind of thing is best done before you move in so will lose use of bedroom for probably 4 days (contractor said 2 days. Hahaha).

Also noticed one contractor stole some stuff from our garage. Really hate that entire profession.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh they are definitely atheletes. I just can't believe there was ever a time I believed it wasn't a show.

Well part of that was because back in the years of the 90's and Hulk Hogan, it was much easier to control the image and what customers saw of your product. Back then most people wouldn't see anything except the shows, so most people watching casually just assumed that the Undertaker went home and watched tv each night like this

http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/images/the-undertaker-4.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Kayfabe was definitely a lot easier to maintain before the internet took off, plus, when you're a kid you'll believe a lot of stuff. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So we can sell arms to Vietnam now which is good I guess since I have a .22 we don't shoot anymore

Drove up to Boulder yesterday with the in-laws and their friends from Ohio. We didn't do a whole lot there, just walked around and ate ice cream then drove home. 

In other news, stuff

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

It's been 8 weeks now since I moved to Charlotte.  I live in a MUCH nicer neighborhood than before, the weather is glorious, it's quiet, clean, my cost of living is slightly lower than in Hartford and I make significantly more money, plus I get along with everyone I work with, which is rare and a nice bonus.  Too early to declare my move a rousing success, but so far so good.  I think I'm going to make a trip to Hotlanta in the near future for a weekend and partake in its awesome nightlife.  It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive.  Not too bad and well worth it.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Xavier Woods makes me feel like I've done nothing with my life.

What, you mean just because he's handsome, smart, educated, talented, a bonafide WWE superstar, and a YouTube celebrity?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

What, you mean just because he's handsome, smart, educated, talented, a bonafide WWE superstar, and a YouTube celebrity?

And almost has a PHD

this is really strange. it's almost 24 hours since the last time i had something to eat and for some reason i don't feel hungry at all

i skipped diner yesterday because i didn't feel hungry, i skipped breakfast today because i didn't feel hungry and it's almost lunch time now and i still don't feel hungry... usually i feel hungry all the time and i have to suppress my urge to go eat every hour or so

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

this is really strange. it's almost 24 hours since the last time i had something to eat and for some reason i don't feel hungry at all

i skipped diner yesterday because i didn't feel hungry, i skipped breakfast today because i didn't feel hungry and it's almost lunch time now and i still don't feel hungry... usually i feel hungry all the time and i have to suppress my urge to go eat every hour or so

I have had similar and its normally gastro  or stomach related but I remember how weird it was to not feel hungry for 2 days ?

I smoked a joint at the time and that restored my appetite 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Was sitting back watching Vikings Season 4 with a nice cup of tea and my girlfriend comes home this afternoon to tell me she 'volunteered my services' to one of her friends that lives a few streets away for me to fix their kitchen cabinet/drawers. Jump in the car with some tools and an hour later, taking a few things apart and putting them back together, everything is all fixed. Not the easiest of jobs with having to crawl under the bench top to get out a stuck drawer by using a screwdriver to take the drawer apart while it was stuck.

Grrr.gif

Now I can sit back and watch some TV.  beach.gif

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Wife has had 4 family members die in the last 2 months. Grandmother, Two grandfathers and an aunt. One of the grandfathers was the only family member of hers that I knew and liked. Her dad died just before Christmas, and her mom died 4 years ago around the same time. She's powering through, but its been tough and she can barely function while I'm home as she knows she doesn't have to hold it together while I'm here. On the bright side, one of the grandfathers left her with half of his estate, and he has a couple of acres up near Pemberton. She was told the land and house is worth around 500k, but looking at property in that area I would guess more like 200k, either way thats going to help out a lot when all is said and done. Going to pay off all our debts, put some away for the kid's education and such, and get a bunch of new furniture. Should have a bunch left over to invest for retirement too, so that will be nice.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Condolences Oerwinde.

Went fishing yesterday and caught a medium size catfish (released it) and my buddy caught a 15" bass (kept it). After that, an evening of garage drinking and watching the rain. Planning more of the same today. 

That is what I'd call a perfect day.

Thomas Sowell

More renovations going on. Most annoying thing is I can't use my PC for about a week due to needing to move stuff so a room can be painted and then the flooring changed. Trying to code or do anything on a laptop is definitely not for me :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We are in the rv for the weekend, just outside of Yosemite. Yesterday was a pretty crazy drive into the park. We spent about an hour covering the last 5 miles to the ranger station. A friend was driving, and at one point my son and I even got out, went pee, and jumped back in as the car slowly moved forward.

The valley was packed but beautiful as always. We had lunch under El Capitan and explored a bit. I need to bring the family back again when it is less busy, but all the falls are flowing and the Merced is filled.

• Like 3