What You Did Today

Tale

Congrats Enoch!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Congratulations Enoch!

So we had a forced bodysearch after work today, don't know why, don't care to be honest, what I do care about is that those mother****ing rentacop cumguzzlers searching everyone cost me 20 minutes of my free time. I'm going to check tomorrow when we have the daily info meeting if we're getting paid for that time, or I'm raising ****ing hell. And then quitting.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Tommy went back to the vet yesterday morning. He lost the infected tooth, the one on each side and one other one and got a cleaning. Poor old guy. He isn't happy now but he'll be feeling much better today. Plus he's on soft food only for a few days so I know he won't hate that. His bill was over $500 but considering four extractions and a cleaning all under anesthesia, it's a better deal than my dentist gave me. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Congratulations Enoch!

So we had a forced bodysearch after work today, don't know why, don't care to be honest, what I do care about is that those mother****ing rentacop cumguzzlers searching everyone cost me 20 minutes of my free time. I'm going to check tomorrow when we have the daily info meeting if we're getting paid for that time, or I'm raising ****ing hell. And then quitting.

Unless your job is prison inmate this is not cool.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I suppose I owe ya'll an update on the whole offspring thing.  Project Little Brother has been a success.  He arrived about 2.5 weeks ago, underweight like his brother was (2180g at birth), but dealing with it more effectively (that is, he maintained his temperature and blood sugar far better), so we were able to take him home from the hospital on the "normal" schedule.  He's bulking up admirably, and actually (knock on wood) sleeping pretty well for a tyke of his age. 

Now we're just dealing with the challenges of a newborn and a 2-year-old in the same house.  It's... not fun, but that was never the point of this whole endeavor, at least in the immediate sense.  (Kids are not particularly enjoyable when they're small, so I figure we should have them close together to minimize the portion of our life spend dealing with such, while also avoiding only-child weirdness.) 

Good luck. We found having the second was especially challenging. You don't get nearly as much 1 on 1 time with the 2nd kid because the first one is always jealous of them getting attention.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Whoa, you guys have forced body searches?

Unless your job is prison inmate this is not cool.

Yeah, there is a possibility of thievery at my workplace, and it's not impossible that someone has done just that. We also have camera surveillance.

Wich is why I don't think that there is a reason for everyone at work to be searched, it's a violation of my person. I would'nt complain if it were that someone had accused me specifically of stealing or if they thought they had seen something suspicious on a camera feed, but no - they searched everyone.

And it's really not ****ing okay for this to happen on MY time, not to mention that they did it in such an amateurish way. If anyone had stolen something they had dozens of opportunities to ditch their loot.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I suppose I owe ya'll an update on the whole offspring thing.  Project Little Brother has been a success.  He arrived about 2.5 weeks ago, underweight like his brother was (2180g at birth), but dealing with it more effectively (that is, he maintained his temperature and blood sugar far better), so we were able to take him home from the hospital on the "normal" schedule.  He's bulking up admirably, and actually (knock on wood) sleeping pretty well for a tyke of his age. 

Now we're just dealing with the challenges of a newborn and a 2-year-old in the same house.  It's... not fun, but that was never the point of this whole endeavor, at least in the immediate sense.  (Kids are not particularly enjoyable when they're small, so I figure we should have them close together to minimize the portion of our life spend dealing with such, while also avoiding only-child weirdness.) 

Good luck. We found having the second was especially challenging. You don't get nearly as much 1 on 1 time with the 2nd kid because the first one is always jealous of them getting attention.

Thanks.  (And to the other well-wishers as well.) 

The process so far has involved a lot me double-commuting to drop the 2-year-old off at his daycare.  It's in the building where I work, a 35+ minute drive away, and we're paying for it whether he's there or not.  Then I go home, help out with the new guy, do chores, and/or nap.  (I'm allowed to use my accrued sick & vacation leave, which I'll keep doing until next week at least.  The timing mostly depends on how quickly the wife recovers from the c-section.)  The time spent driving isn't great, but the alternative is that I'm wrangling the 2-year-old all day, and leaving the wife to handle the baby herself.  (She isn't yet comfortable picking the big guy up, or sitting on the floor to play with him.)  Plus, it's good for Big Brother to have some structure and to interact with his friends and teachers. 

So far, he seems mostly curious about the new guy.  A little possessive ("no, MY baby!"), and sometimes sweet ("I wanna hold his hand"), with a lot of attempts to share inappropriate things with him.  A few angry moments, too, but I think the baby-related Big Nos are starting to sink in-- we haven't seen that behavior (hitting, trying to take the bottle, etc.) much since the early days. 

Unrelated, the 2-year-old also told me the other day that I shouldn't put a diaper back on him because he wanted to touch his ****. 

Sounds like you might need to go a little Jimmy Hoffa on your employers.   :devil:

Spoke to the union and our bosses, and then their bosses. The top brass recommended we get 2h'rs paid time to our local boss, because of our lost time, people missed the bus and the fact our employer did the search erroneously since they checked our personal belongings - big nono, if you had something in your bags that was private or embarrassing you would've had to show all your coworkers that. They are only allowed to check us inside the actual workplace not after we've picked up our personal affects.

I'd insert a success kid here, but I've got to get going. :D

• Like 1

Always love when there are metal shows at the venue near my house, walking home it's amusing to see these dudes clad in leather with skulls all over their jackets, rings, belts, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am loving Spotify, none of the radio stations around here play what I like to listen to, so its nice that I can throw on some Gloryhammer or Dethklok, the Star Wars score, or some Tchaikovsky while I'm in the car, depending on my mood.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've found that using a SSD mostly alleviates my perpetual desire to reformat. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I do have a computer with an SSD but was updating another one.

Was also re-installing some games and came across DA:O which I never finished. Decided to re-install it and remember I had some dlc for it as well. Went to the BioWare site and it redirected me to the EA site. Started putting in some email addresses to see if I was registered or if my old BioWare details had been transferred across. To my surprise, one of the emails was a match, reset my password, logged in and there's all my dlc. Will probably get around to playing this some time down the track.

I am loving Spotify, none of the radio stations around here play what I like to listen to, so its nice that I can throw on some Gloryhammer or Dethklok, the Star Wars score, or some Tchaikovsky while I'm in the car, depending on my mood.

I like it too, I was listening to Spotify's recommendations, and found one of the songs(Genitorturers - Lecher Bitch) I recognized from the Anarch bar in Vampire Bloodlines. Had to reinstall it ofcourse. :)

I picked almost all the strawberries in the garden this morning. There must be 20 lbs ( 9kg give or take ) of them. So I'm spending my day making strawberry perserves and a strawberry & peanutbutter sandwich for lunch, and a strawberry salad for dinner, strawberry pie for dessert. 

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

I picked almost all the strawberries in the garden this morning. There must be 20 lbs ( 9kg give or take ) of them. So I'm spending my day making strawberry perserves and a strawberry & peanutbutter sandwich for lunch, and a strawberry salad for dinner, strawberry pie for dessert.

Nice work, our strawberries always got eaten by birds or animals before we could harvesy them.

Ours are just starting to ripen, had one I was going to give one more day to ripen, and came back and it was eaten by slugs.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think it's illegal to grill your in-laws, but it might be worth checking out your state's statues to make sure.

• Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Decluttering the house. Would be ok, if it weren't for family members just losing their **** over every little thing.

I guess this beats working :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Signed for a new Ames apartment. On the edge of my price range, but I think I'm coming out ahead, just have to adjust my payments on the car and credit card a bit.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Strawberries for breakfast!

Thomas Sowell