What You Did Today

Tale

i finally got a chance to go to the doctor to clean my clogged ear... i can hear again!

• Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i finally got a chance to go to the doctor to clean my clogged ear... i can hear again!

Been there, I know how annoying it is, I've normally only got one functioning ear and when it clogs up I can't hear anything. It's one hell of a relief when it comes out!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

i usually keep them clean but this time i accidentally pushed the wax deep in the ear instead of pulling it out and i felt like i was constantly wearing earplugs... at least it was only one ear and not both

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

The doctors here become extremely annoyed if you come there with something trivial, like a back ache or blocked ear, so I've bought a home cleaning kit. Works decently, but I try to use it preventively instead, it took quite alot of tries to get a proper blockage out.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So people can have the amusing image...

Picture dawn breaking in the south of England. Summer has landed, the sky is clear and the sun creeps over the horizon... The birds are twittering away joyfully...

Then the fireworks store down the bottom of the road catches fire and explodes.

Cue 5am bursts and crackles. Fiery images in the sky. Whizz-bangs across the junction. Flames and smoke. 13 Fire engines and around 70 firemen.

Then to add to the joys of the day, that junction happens to be one of three points to get across the city. As in, the main lead to one of the three bridges that split the city. So since it has to be shut down due to the store still having fires burning 8 hours on... Plenty of traffic fun.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So, the weather this week was "great" according to common conception, summer warmth and sun, wich translates to horrid in my world. I've been sweating my arse of every day at work, I drank atleast 4 litres every day and still managed to get dehydrated and headaches every day.

Plus, my mate that drives me and a couple of others to work in my car, managed to dent it when reversing out of my driveway. My front bumper has been pushed about one inch inwards, wich means I'm ****ing pissed of at him - yet I can't blame him entirely, because **** happens. He did'nt do it on purpose, but I still have a dented car that was previously a pristine car. Oh, speaking of fecal matter, what he managed to hit was the drainage pipe for our sewage, he managed to lift it out of it's socket in the tank - so I have to dig it up and put it back in position. About one metre deep. -.-

So, the weather this week was "great" according to common conception, summer warmth and sun, wich translates to horrid in my world. I've been sweating my arse of every day at work, I drank atleast 4 litres every day and still managed to get dehydrated and headaches every day.

My ideal day is heavy clouds (heavy enough the day looks closer to dusk) with light rain and winds and cool (~60F) temperatures. Sun bad, high temperatures bad, humidity bad, no winds bad. So of course I live in central Minnesota, where I never have anything I want. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

My ideal weather would be sunny, not much wind, 0% humidity, -15C and 50cm's of snow. Wich rarely happens were I live :)

Low 50's clear skies with a light breeze.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Little cooler, mid-60s, overcast. Fog always cheers me up, don't know why.

You'd think, given how miserable my ideal weather sounds, that I'd also like fog...but I actually really don't like fog at all. :p

To be honest, I'm just kind of a nyctophile...if it were up to me, I would never wake up during the day to begin with. Actually, if it were up to me, there wouldn't be any day at all...assuming no ill effects on crops or public health or the such. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

A nice grey day here, rainy with a high of 50 F.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The dogs woke me up last night around 2 AM wanting to go out. Small wonder when they refused to wake up and go out at their usual time 10 PM. So while they were taking care of business I sat down in the rocking chair on the porch... and dozed off. I guess I was out for an hour or so when I woke up feeling like I was being watched. I was. Not a meter away on the porch hand rail was a little screech owl. She was just sitting there looking at me making a very soft chirp. Then I realized she was actually "talking" to another one over in the magnolia tree in the front yard. I was trying to be very still and just see what they did. After a minute the other one lands on the rail next to the first one and they are both sitting there looking me right in the eye. After a minute or so they both flew away. I would have KILLED for a camera right then. 

The dogs were already back in the house.. in the bed no less. Some protection they are. I'm sleeping outside at the mercy of every passing owl and they are on MY pillows! But seeing those two was extremely cool. 

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I prefer direct sunlight and a cloudless blue sky in the mid to lower 80's. Meanwhile I live in IL. I dont mind the cold so much but snow can go straight to hell.

I took my car in for emissions testing and got my plate stiker renewed. Then took my daughter to see Civil War in 3D and it was pretty entertaining. I wasnt even aggravated by the 2h 26m runtime so it did something right. :lol:

• Like 1

So happy, Tottenham lost and Arsenal won, so Arsenal finished ahead of them for 21st consecutive year :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The more I learn and see about Nolan North, the more interesting this man becomes.

Also in the past week been apartment hunting (part of promotion is going back to the Land of Hades, Ames), and got two fillings and a crown started. The crown gets finished next thurs. Along with another cavity.

It sucks trying to find an apartment in a college town this late in the cycle (every single rental contract up there turns over on August 1)

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Got home late. Caught the second half of the game. Then watched Bruce's Trump Chinese voice impression video. Sometimes life is cruel and meaningless.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I had to take Tommy to the vet today. He hasn't been eating. It turns out he has an infected tooth that has started to abscess. That poor dog... no wonder he wouldn't eat. Well tomorrow morning that will get fixed. He's on pain meds now and I made him scrambled with boiled chicken cut into very small pieces for dinner. He scarfed that down willingly enough. 

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

Glad he is doing better.  My dog chewed the small gate we had on our side yard and managed to escape, so now he is stuck in the dog run during the day.  This weekend I need to devise a stronger gate to keep him in.

• Like 1

Glad he is doing better.  My dog chewed the small gate we had on our side yard and managed to escape, so now he is stuck in the dog run during the day.  This weekend I need to devise a stronger gate to keep him in.

It's hard to stop a motivated dog.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I suppose I owe ya'll an update on the whole offspring thing.  Project Little Brother has been a success.  He arrived about 2.5 weeks ago, underweight like his brother was (2180g at birth), but dealing with it more effectively (that is, he maintained his temperature and blood sugar far better), so we were able to take him home from the hospital on the "normal" schedule.  He's bulking up admirably, and actually (knock on wood) sleeping pretty well for a tyke of his age. 

Now we're just dealing with the challenges of a newborn and a 2-year-old in the same house.  It's... not fun, but that was never the point of this whole endeavor, at least in the immediate sense.  (Kids are not particularly enjoyable when they're small, so I figure we should have them close together to minimize the portion of our life spend dealing with such, while also avoiding only-child weirdness.) 

• Like 9

I suppose I owe ya'll an update on the whole offspring thing.  Project Little Brother has been a success.  He arrived about 2.5 weeks ago, underweight like his brother was (2180g at birth), but dealing with it more effectively (that is, he maintained his temperature and blood sugar far better), so we were able to take him home from the hospital on the "normal" schedule.  He's bulking up admirably, and actually (knock on wood) sleeping pretty well for a tyke of his age. 

Now we're just dealing with the challenges of a newborn and a 2-year-old in the same house.  It's... not fun, but that was never the point of this whole endeavor, at least in the immediate sense.  (Kids are not particularly enjoyable when they're small, so I figure we should have them close together to minimize the portion of our life spend dealing with such, while also avoiding only-child weirdness.) 

congrats and good luck.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)