What You Did Today

Tale

Expect to see more of me. It's been 2 years, but I have a PC again. Dell XPS 8900, on sale and open box. Still need to get speakers and I think I'll get a new monitor, but I'm very excited.

Good to know you will be more active ...remember always support Romance in RPG  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Expect to see more of me. It's been 2 years, but I have a PC again. Dell XPS 8900, on sale and open box. Still need to get speakers and I think I'll get a new monitor, but I'm very excited.

We gonna coop Fear3 again?

Also grandmother survived her surgery in the best of shape (that could be expected anyway given she's 91)

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Help me out here guys, I need to make sense of this:

J2K3ctC.png

This message is referring to a "popular" discussion that took place (popular meaning it was the top discussion in the top thread of a certain day) where I commented on how disabled people can be spoiled or weird and no one acknowledges it cuz no balls to diss the cripple, and someone asked me if I get a lot of girls with a disability - they asked honestly and legitimately curious if it affected my chances. I said I've no idea because if I get stared at I never know if I'm being checked out or if they wanna know why I'm limping.

That discussion must've been over a week ago now, and it took place in a community where I'm in no way of any significance or importance or anything, so no one there should have ANY motivation to like or hate me. Fast forward to now, I get this message with the clear intent of upsetting me, and the account that sent it isn't even trying to hide that it's an alt account and/or recently made.

So in short, someone doesn't like me and tried to upset me....but they somehow delayed their efforts by a week. Like they only JUST NOW started going through my post history or something...? It's weird to me because ok let's say I have a psycho stalker that hates my guts. Such a person would message me almost immediately, no? This person has a reaction time delay of well over a week, yet they STILL have the motivation to go through all this trouble to try and upset me.

LOL WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON

This is honestly fascinating to me. I can never imagine myself doing this, and yet here it is. Hell man, I can't even make sense of their motivations here. Like in ALL of reddit I can name one guy that would have some motivation to dislike me, but he'd be weeeeell out of his "natural habitat" and he'd be reviving a dispute (a basic disagreement, nothing more) that was last year. Can anyone walk me through what on earth would drive someone to do this?

I bring it up just because friends of mine have pointed out that when I'm online, I have this weird thing where people either love me or hate me. Nothing like that occurs in real life, but online? I constantly have people forming cults in my honor, and then I constantly have people that seem to be stabbing voodoo dolls in my liking every 10 minutes or so. Stuff like this is sadly a regular occurance for me. I actually find it hilarious (luckily...?), but I'm SUPER curious about all things psychology, and when I encounter someone acting a certain way that I can't wrap my head around, it drives my curiousity insane.

So yeah, as of about 15 minutes ago, here I am sitting here trying to make sense of this person and their motivations. I cannot for the life of me put myself in their shoes.

You need to find something more interesting to do with your day.

Repainting a lot of rooms in the house, so that means moving stuff. Eventually have to put in wood flooring, which will not be fun - guess we'll have to do this in phases as we've no space to clear the entire floor at once.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Birthday party for friends of the family; we say friends but its mostly like a second mother. Jolly good time of seeing childhood acquaintances, family and  networking.

I'm now filled with joy and alcohol. 

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Today is a public holiday, its Workers Day. I have had friends staying with me the last 3 days and we have been partying and drinking and eating at restaurants. Its over now and I'm going to chill and play Witcher 3  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Cat who nearly died 3 years ago due to excess fluid in the chest cavity has the same thing again and the prognosis is bad. My girlfriend is unhealthily attached to the poor creature and passed out when the vet told us, I was barely able to catch her. Going for an echocardiogram tomorrow to see if we can find a definitive cause, if that doesn't show anything we're gonna drain and test the fluids. Going to be a horrible (and expensive) couple of days.

Beloved pets are part of the family, and in some ways it can be even more shocking when they have that sort of situation since they can't really talk to you about it.

So here's to some good news for you soon over it TN.

On the flip side, realised I had a stack of old bank records and assorted paperwork, plus a bunch of those slim cardboard/envelope packaging from Amazon laying around... So I added a few pieces from the old apple tree that died and made a fire in the garden. Sat out reading on my kindle as twilight passed into night and the stars filled the night sky with the warmth from said fire.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I saved the taxpayers of the great state of Tennessee a little over $2M today. while reviewing cost overruns on the Ft. Pillow levee reinforcement I realized we were showing nearly 10 km2 of permeable woven polypropylene underlayment over the project requirements. I shifted it to another project. Of course if I didn't catch it the auditors would have (all taxpayer projects are audited by a 3rd party in TN prior to approval) but I'm still taking credit for it.

Afterwards the department manager & I went out to lunch. I had to pay for my own though. 

• Like 8

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hunting for property for me and an annoying kitty to rent up in Ames again. Effective friday I'm the ABM there (assistant branch manager) and I'm probably gonna be the BM within two months. Timing sucks because ALL of ames property turns over on august 31'st so most students already have their apartments worked out.

May the Fourth be with you all :)

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

And prepare for the revenge of the fifth.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been trying to think up a character for tomorrows PnP session, we're starting Tyranny of Dragons, a D&D5ed campaign, and I've got no ****ing ideas. My brain is completely empty of any ideas. Nothing at all, not even a hint of a good base for a character is hiding itself there. I can't even think of an appealing class or race and work from there. I'm to invested in the ones I've got going already.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I suppose it could be fun to play an airheaded incredibly naive and kind person. A bimbo... Sorry, paladin! :p

On a more serious note, I can't figure out any motivation for the person or anything interesting to work with, I need something to work from. This is why I love Eon and Rogue Trader. Eon has several random tables for you to work out what happened to your character that you can build on, and Rogue Trader has similar things to work with. 5'th edition is'nt good enough on that point.

On another note, I much prefer 3.5 to 5E, especially how skills worked. The feats are better in 5E, I'll give it that. And druids are horribly imbalanced.

Edit; I found out that a couple of my friends have gone full munchkin with their characters. I despise powergaming, it ruins so much of the feeling.

Edited by Azdeus

Been trying to think up a character for tomorrows PnP session, we're starting Tyranny of Dragons, a D&D5ed campaign, and I've got no ****ing ideas. My brain is completely empty of any ideas. Nothing at all, not even a hint of a good base for a character is hiding itself there. I can't even think of an appealing class or race and work from there. I'm to invested in the ones I've got going already.

Jim Darkmagic? (sorry, the 2014 Pax dnd games were Tyranny of Dragons)

• Like 1

Apparently there are people at my work, including my boss, who think that I play games at work.

Does that mean I should start?

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sigh. My cat passed away this morning despite €900 worth of tests and treatments and my niece is in the hospital artificially kept in a coma to combat pneumonia right after her liver transplant.

Sincerely, this week can go screw itself up the rectum with a spiked rod smeared with burning ghost pepper sauce. Repeatedly. :down:

Sigh. My cat passed away this morning despite €900 worth of tests and treatments and my niece is in the hospital artificially kept in a coma to combat pneumonia right after her liver transplant.

Sincerely, this week can go screw itself up the rectum with a spiked rod smeared with burning ghost pepper sauce. Repeatedly. :down:

Sorry to hear that TN  ;(

I hope everything works out

• Like 1

John Milton