What You Did Today

Tale

Neither

Okay thanks GD ..monosyllable responses always clear things up I find  :p

Technically that's not monosllablic... Neither has two syllables.

So... Went up to visit my friends back in ames. Ended up stopping at a rest stop between Des Moines and Ames... and spent 15 minutes talking to a guy about his Ferrari 458 that he was driving between Texas and Minnisota. Apparently those things don't have any form of cruise control.

Did get me thinking about getting my credential and just working as a history teacher instead of busting my ass in customer service for another 30 years. But I don't know where to start to get the credential, or how to pay for that given I'd have to give up my current income to do it.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/13000255_10204620626474186_5909196698572191045_n.jpg?oh=17ed2475a5ea73e203828f041c5278c4&oe=57A6497D

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/13012791_10204620626634190_6311267196549398445_n.jpg?oh=7bf62528ed7984fa46bfefd9db1341e2&oe=57ADE64B

The car in question.

Edited by Calax
  • Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Neither

So... Went up to visit my friends back in ames. Ended up stopping at a rest stop between Des Moines and Ames... and spent 15 minutes talking to a guy about his Ferrari 458 that he was driving between Texas and Minnisota. Apparently those things don't have any form of cruise control.

Did get me thinking about getting my credential and just working as a history teacher instead of busting my ass in customer service for another 30 years. But I don't know where to start to get the credential, or how to pay for that given I'd have to give up my current income to do it.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/13000255_10204620626474186_5909196698572191045_n.jpg?oh=17ed2475a5ea73e203828f041c5278c4&oe=57A6497D

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/13012791_10204620626634190_6311267196549398445_n.jpg?oh=7bf62528ed7984fa46bfefd9db1341e2&oe=57ADE64B

The car in question.

:lol: you right its not monosllablic..

But GD knows what I mean

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Neither

The car in question.

You should be doing something more befitting your education than renting out cars. Not saying it's a bad job, but you can and should be doing something better.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I'm going to weed the garden, feed the dogs & rabbits, straighten up the house which is getting a little cluttered and then retire to my front porch rocking chair for iced tea, the Rays-Yankees game on the SiriusXM radio and just the general enjoyment of a relaxing sunday afternoon. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So a buddy and I are out fishing yesterday and I set up two poles. He sets up a pole to my left and to my right and we sit back to watch the water go by. All of a sudden he catches a bass to the left, then a few minutes later a catfish to the right. And Im like wth this guys is catching fish all around me but Im not even getting bites. The final tally was 4 to 0 so I have to redeem myself today. :yes:

• Like 1

I fell asleep on a conference call today. Good thing my phone was muted. I hope nobody asked me anything.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

I fell asleep on a conference call today. Good thing my phone was muted. I hope nobody asked me anything.

Sounds like one hell of a stimulating job you've got there! =)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I think I can talk about this now, since it turned out to be nothing, but I was a bit concerned about one of my testicles.  It had some weird stuff going on.  I went in for a physical, I was due for one anyways, and the doctor tells me it is just sperm build up from my vasectomy.   :sweat:

Everything else was in tip top shape.  Always a bit weird to go through the 'turn head and cough' routine but I feel better knowing I don't have ball cancer.

• Like 2

Got a cold, again. It's the third time in 5 months that I've had a cold like this.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I think I can talk about this now, since it turned out to be nothing, but I was a bit concerned about one of my testicles.  It had some weird stuff going on.  I went in for a physical, I was due for one anyways, and the doctor tells me it is just sperm build up from my vasectomy.   :sweat:

Everything else was in tip top shape.  Always a bit weird to go through the 'turn head and cough' routine but I feel better knowing I don't have ball cancer.

Glad you're okay, but that story is so graphic I feel like I'm standing in the exam room with you and the doctor. OH GOD I CAN SEE EVERYTHING

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Got my tax refund. Piddling amount but will blow it on a hard drive.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This.

That's what I was doing the whole day after work. Just bought it. I am very happy about all this.

I love it, it's an awesome game - and I say this as someone who generally speaking does'nt like board games. I've had some massive amounts of fun with that game!

Generally I perceive it as an attempt to somewhat hasten the entire experience - Arkham Horror was utterly unique, but also tended to be incredibly contrived. I tend to just show people this flowchart just to point out how contrived it actually is. By adapting tried mechanics from other board games, Eldritch has been made more accessible and less complex while retaining the emergent storytelling aspect of the original. From what I have seen thus far, it's been reasonably successful at doing that - various encounters are still as fun as they've ever been and a fair bit more dynamic than in Arkham (each Ancient one adds his own deck of encounter cards, for instance, and you can't win the game quite simply by collecting clues and avoiding all encounters as in order to win, you have to resolve three randomly drawn encounter cards of the ancient one. Oh and to collect a clue you have to go trough a random encounter, you can't just snatch it from the board, adding a bit of background to each clue token. A small bugbear I've had with Arkham resolved right there.)

Eh, I'm beginning to ramble, simply put: It's faster and simpler while retaining the core of what made Arkham Horror special, but it does sacrifice the insanely intertwined self-balancing set of systems to more traditional means. Storytelling elements seem a little more personal when you're mostly working with known locations around the globe, I find that particular aspect really cool. As to whether we're enjoying it more or less than Arkham... Idunno. I have incredible amount of nostalgia for Arkham, I've been playing it for a year on pretty much weekly basis, so I guess time and which box we go for when we want some coop fun will tell which one is better.

Edit: Oh and it uses the same success/failure system as Arkham, so I finally found a second game to use these with!

ah-dice.png

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Guys today is a public holiday in South Africa, its Freedom Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Day_(South_Africa)

Basically this is the day we had our first multiracial election and its significant and memorable....then on Monday its Workers Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workers%27_Day

Another public holiday, so I'm planning on taking tomorrow and Friday off to get a long weekend .. 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Hmm, need some diskspace, best uninstall The Division! *Click uninstall* "Yeah, sure thing - just let me update the game before I uninstall!"

WTF? O.o

Looks like the promotion is about two weeks out. And I'll be working back in ames next friday (temporarily)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Isn't there some sort of irony in making a day celebrating workers a public holiday? You know what I'd have called it? Slackers day. Now get back to work! 

:lol:

There is some irony there I agree

I am on leave for the next 2 days and because Monday is a public holiday I have a nice long weekend now 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

My voice is gone. Quite annoying, since I'm supposed to have a day off tomorrow and play pen and paper RPGs :/

Got my tax refund. Piddling amount but will blow it on a hard drive.

Got the papers from the accountant to sign. I got 50 bucks. Wife got 1750. Figure I'll use mine to buy Stellaris.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm starting to plan my summer RV trip, and I'm trying to figure out where to stay in Colorado.  Denver has a good RV park within the city limits that has easy access to bus routes, meaning we can get around easily without renting a car.  Colorado Springs has some as well, but they are not well rated.  Fort Collins and Boulder don't have any parks very close by, so I'd need a car to get around and it'd be a bit of a drive. 

Edited by Hurlshot

Denver's light rail isn't too bad either and for everything else that you can't easily get to by bus there is Uber. For Boulder I'd say just stay in Denver and make a day trip out of it, all the best (non-nature) stuff there is in walking distance. I've never been to Fort Collins so I have no idea about that, sorry. Can't say much about the Springs either as I don't go there often and when I do I'm usually just passing through.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21