What You Did Today

Tale

Bruce, I know its old news but I just read about it, whats this about the Zulu king saying SA was better under apartheid and blacks are just destroying everything they inherited from the whites? What was the reaction in SA? Is he just some sort of crackpot?

In South Africa we have 9 main African tribes and each tribe has its own king who are subsidized by taxpayers money, I dont mind paying for there lifestyles because for many black South Africans there kings are part of there culture. Many people in SA  both white and black think the concept of taxpayers paying for kings is outdated and a waste of money but for me as I mentioned  if its of  cultural importance then its fine

Anyway the Zulu king represents the Zulu people who are one of SA most important tribes, unfortunately he is notorious for saying embarrassing things and he doesnt always understand he needs to realize his words can influence people and he fails sometimes to take responsibility for his words, for example

http://www.npr.org/2015/04/26/402400958/south-africas-xenophobic-attacks-vile-says-zulu-king-accused-of-inciting-them

This lead to an increase on attack on black people from other African countries living in SA which we call Xenophobia 

He probably did say something like what you mentioned  which is ironic because he lives in a life of luxury but more importantly what he is saying is factually inaccurate and doesn't represent the historical reality of the country as during Apartheid only white people and the tribal leaders, like the Zulu king, benefited economically or had respect or rights under the law

So most people just ignore a person, whether they black or white, who thinks things were better under Apartheid....they could never be realistically better because only 10 % of the country lived under  a semblance of a normal life 

So in summary despite our current social, political and economic challengers things will always be better than the Apartheid days 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Need to go in for an x-ray on my foot. Might be calcium deposits, might be a stress fracture. Drug update: no rage yet since starting the anti-depressants. Been taking b12 for stress management too and seems to be working. Only getting really irritable when I don't get enough sleep now. Been binge-watching questionable youtube videos and thats making me angry at the world though.

I've been doing similar things, except it's on public service TV - watching most investigative journalism really gets me going.

A guy called Black Pigeon Speaks, does some well presented videos. Mostly anti-immigration and such, but the way he does them makes them more believable than the usual guy ranting at the screen.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I went to a rasslin' show today down the street from where I live.  I drank a few overpriced beers, bought a t-shirt, took some pictures and videos, and watched sweaty mostly naked guys grapple for 3 1/2 hours.  It was a great time.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The car is officially totaled.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm flooded in. Looks like whiskey and movies.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

A Tale with no happy ending? :-

Not the kind of stories I need to hear being the driver of a newly leased car... :sweat:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A Tale with no happy ending? :-

Not the kind of stories I need to hear being the driver of a newly leased car... :sweat:

" A Tale with no happy ending?  :- " 

:lol:  you missed your calling, forget ERP  systems, you would excel as as Internet comedian 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That sucks!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That sucks!

Also the roof is still leaking. And our neighborhood had a power outage at 6 am that was still out as of 7 when I left for work.

Wow Tale. I know the sun doesn't shine on the same dogs --- every day but you haven't seen a ray of light in a while. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just as long as he doesn't end up speaking in metaphor.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why's it seem like stuff is going bad?

Oh wait, I posted about my cat? Yeah, he's eating again. Doing fine. Except one spot of mysteriously disappearing hair that has to be tested. <_>

The hailstorm that came through and basically wrecked the town is the big thing now.

Got to insult someone on the streetcar who started dramatically whining over a crying baby. Always am amused at how low people's tolerance for that is.

A good day. So far. Warm weather too, means I have to let my dachshund sunbathe. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Since it's Calax's birthday, I decided to boot up New Vegas and not kill him - as a sort of digital birthday present..

Also working on a dreadully boring project on elementary schoolers use of history.

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

Happy Birthday Calax!

Thomas Sowell

I'm still flooded in and running out of whiskey and tequila.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Happy B-day Calax  :dancing:  :dancing:

John Milton 

today i had to help the master of patchwork (my father) to water some trees he planted to use as firewood when they grow

and i say master of patchwork because he decided to buy them 2 years ago but took no steps to prepare the field where he would plant them (he bought them 2 weeks ago). he didn't bring someone to plow it until the last day before planting (7 days after he bought the trees and right after rain) resulting in messy soil and didn't even think of preparing a source of water. so now he has to fill a 300L tank at home, take it there, and since the weight of the water alone can't create enough pressure to push the water through a 100m tube he got (yesterday) for this purpose, we had to use buckets... and of course 300L are not enough so we had to go refill the tank after watering half the trees

Edited by teknoman2
  • Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Since it's Calax's birthday, I decided to boot up New Vegas and not kill him - as a sort of digital birthday present..

Also working on a dreadully boring project on elementary schoolers use of history.

Worst part is that I'm hitting the big 3 0. And that I started on this board when I was 20.

• Like 5

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Happy birthday! :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Worst part is that I'm hitting the big 3 0. And that I started on this board when I was 20.

I joined when I was 20 too and I'm hitting 32 soon .. Funny to think, I remember most of you guys being in your 30s then, so you must be pushing the 50s by now ;)

Fortune favors the bald.