The Funny Things Thread

Gorth

10322792_10152432851377792_5343882209496

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

13119118_698410533633050_411134798822020

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Here is a little quiz. If you know anything about firearms then you'll know the picture I posted, while humorous, has a serious flaw and can't be for real. Can anyone guess what that is? Shady & Manifested may not participate, they will know right away.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Well it can't be because the blanks are 5.56mm because that does look like a Barbie gun to me.

Never having fired with blanks I wonder how much of a standard recoil they hit you with or not I guess.. hm. I guess all my assorted second-hand gun trivia doesn't let me pinpoint it... It doesn't jump out quite like the picture of a magazine with the rounds inserted vertically instead of horizontally.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, looking at the folding stock and the fact it's clip fed and uses 5.56mm it's probably a variant of an AR-15. So it's semi-auto. A automatic or semi-automatic weapon relies on the expanding gas from the propellant burn to work the action as well as push the projectile down the barrel. Since a blank has no projectile there is no compression of propellant gas building behind the exiting projectile so there is no energy to work the action. Meaning once you fire a blank round all the gasses exit the barrel and you will need to manually pull the charging handle to chamber the next round. Even a novice shooter would know there was something wrong with that. 

A automatic or semi-auto weapon cannot properly use blanks unless you stopper the end of the barrel with one of these:

61rAm7gZr1L._SY355_.jpg

In the military it's called a BFA, Blank Firing Adapter. They are brightly colored so you can't miss them. Because it would really suck to fire a live round with one of those plugged in.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

I got the BFA but totally missed the flip flops. Good call

My second concern was her position, I can't see her right elbow but at best it's resting in the middle of her thigh and at worst it's floating like her left arm. Sure, there isn't much kick from a 5.56 but it's still pretty unstable and generally lousy form

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Here is a little quiz. If you know anything about firearms then you'll know the picture I posted, while humorous, has a serious flaw and can't be for real. Can anyone guess what that is? Shady & Manifested may not participate, they will know right away.

because blanks do not activate the mechanism that puts a new round in the chamber so you have to manually pull the ****ing handle after every shot. blanks could fool someone in a bolt action rifle but not in an automatic

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

13173890_993229317457364_832538984546643

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

13165977_992731877507108_474029804879042

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Last one... my e-mail box is empty

13164344_992544370859192_861528573582024

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

13139144_990730027707293_761279047754036

• Like 10

Thomas Sowell

12718129_958967444211159_465313319972233

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell