Having a real hard time with Magran's Faithful bounty

Update: I went back at level 16, after oneshotting the Radiant Spore.

I took extra precautions to not trigger any bug, followed some of the advices in here. The soldiers and druids were still overly deflective, at 140ish deflection/reflexes, but at least they were at a manageable level.

Long story short, they went down easy. I assaulted from one side, killed a priest keeping the rest away with the help of summons and confusion scrolls, charged one of my fighters into their backline, quickly soloed the two remaining priests, had him tank a few soldiers then used dimensional shift on his Unlaboured Blade to switch with my Monk when his Triggered immunity ran out. The monk then tanked the soldiers while the party finished the rest of the pack.

Triggered Immunity is truly as insane as you guys said it was. With seven of those per encounter throughout my party, I feel completely invulnerable at this point.

Is there any way to reduce the Magran's Faithful bunch to normal values after the Save/Load bug?

The druids and soldiers have 160/150 deflection. I cannot even hit them. Very frustrating bug. Only way to kill the druids is to hope for "Form of the Helpless Beast" to work but meanwhile my tank/off-tank get beaten to 0 health.

edit: Now 180/170...  :banghead:

Edited by Lleorq

• 2 weeks later...

It's the damn druids. they immediately nuke my whole level 13 team with 90 damage firebugs (or 1-shot a single character with sunlance), and even if I do manage to get everyone still alive and attacking they have 150 deflection. It's like they are double the level of everyone else in the encounter.

I saw a video someone posted but it almost seemed like a totally different encounter, as they weren't taking the kind of damage I am taking at the start of the fight at all, so I'm sort of at a loss.

I suggest using a Druid (if you're high level and have access) if the fire damage is getting to you. That temporary immunity from all elements is a massive saving grace. Especially during future fights against things like the Alpine dragon.

• 3 months later...

Other than all that is mentioned above, I loved using tactics here.

I drew their main tanking force into my tanks/summon, while my damage dealers (barbarian for example) were waiting in stealth in a flanking position. Then the damage dealers rushed into their flanks, taking down the priests that were left behind with no protection.

Edited by Skie Nightfall

✔ Certified Bat Food

• 3 weeks later...

I had really hard time with them as well. In the end I defeated them by kiting one half of the group with the least useful party member on that potion that grants a bonus to the movement speed. The other half was more or less easily dispatched by the rest of my party. I can't imagine how it would be possible to defeat them with a less cheesy tactic. But my imagination isn't the greatest thing there is, so... ;)

I had a harder time with this bounty than with the Mowrghek Îen fight (to follow another posters no-spoiler-method) on PotD. At the same level (16) and basically the same gear quality. 

What ended up working for me was doing some really high maintenance on my Cipher to keep him alive so he could continuously AOE CC the mobs since they do tend to cluster up and then focus fire the druids.

Also used elemental resistance pots on everyone.

Second hardest encounter in the game for me, following Adra Dragon PotD. I guess my party comp just didn't mesh well with the encounter. (Fighterx2, ranged Cipher, Rogue, Paladin, ranged Priest).

So satisfying to beat though when it's been such a brick wall.  :yes:

• 1 month later...

Did this on the first try and my first time ever.

GM got knocked out very quickly since she only build 77 focus, 3 too little for mindweb.

Second Chance on Gwisk Glass allowed me to build my lacking focus and from than on it was a pretty standard fight, even tho I used Llengrath's potion on my paladin and Kana used Moonwell.

I'd say a paladin can solo this without any splitting.

(Didn't split with my trio either.)

I had really hard time with them as well. In the end I defeated them by kiting one half of the group with the least useful party member on that potion that grants a bonus to the movement speed. The other half was more or less easily dispatched by the rest of my party. I can't imagine how it would be possible to defeat them with a less cheesy tactic. But my imagination isn't the greatest thing there is, so... ;)

This was basically how I beat Thaos the first time way back when.  Speedy run, chant summon, rinse and repeat :)

Well, any party with a cipher and tank is gonna stomp them by the power of mindweb alone, no cheese needed.

Even if the party just consists of 2, tank + cipher, it's not gonna be that much harder than with my 3 chars.

As long as the defenses of the pala are good enough to tank them the whole pary will get those.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

Oh ok I remembered there was at least some pulling involved with barb, but I might remember wrong and pulling doesn't equal splitting ofc.

Look at Kaylon's video where he does that bounty with a barb. No pulling and no spilitting. Just a good "splat". ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Oh ok I remembered there was at least some pulling involved with barb, but I might remember wrong and pulling doesn't equal splitting ofc.

Look at Kaylon's video where he does that bounty with a barb. No pulling and no spilitting. Just a good "splat". ;)

Yeah I saw that way back but I guess I remembered wrong.

Quick question: does Defensive Mindweb also work on summons? Never tried that one...

I don't summon too often, last time I did it was because GM died, so I'm not sure, but it should since it even works on enemies when charmed.

Hm, if you put it that way.

Cast Disintegration first, then charm, then destroy the ads with your invincible dragon friend, build endless focus, cast Disintegrate, recharm.

That is pretty cheap. :)

I just did Brynlod's bounty and it seemed a lot harder to me than Magran's.

Keep in mind I neither focused Brynlod, nor the mages, but stubbornly took down the melees first, but I kinda did similar in Magran's.

The wizards were hard. But in the end I wiped the whole bounty away with stacking those pulsing spells like Chillfog and so on. Always works. :)

Yeah, my first attempt I didn't use Moonwell or Llengraths potion so I had to relaod since GM and Kana died.

2nd attempt I used both right away and even tho I had to keep healing GM at combat start I still wore them down with Dragon Trashed and Sacred Domination to the point I didn't have to heal GM anymore (used up 4 of my 5 vital essence potions) only the wizards were left and without melee backup they died quickly.

I think he pulls the group with a ranged attack, then backs off to cast Savage Defiance and Frenzy and drink some potions. Of course, once he's done that he pretty much three shots the group with Dragon Leap, Heart of Fury and Barbaric Blow, so I'd agree that it's basically a straight up fight without any tricks.

That video definitely puts pay to anyone still saying Barbarians are underpowered though doesn't it.

• Like 1

I think he pulls the group with a ranged attack, then backs off to cast Savage Defiance and Frenzy and drink some potions. Of course, once he's done that he pretty much three shots the group with Dragon Leap, Heart of Fury and Barbaric Blow, so I'd agree that it's basically a straight up fight without any tricks.

That video definitely puts pay to anyone still saying Barbarians are underpowered though doesn't it.

Yeah, that's how I remembered it, too.

Anyway it looks a lot more fun that way then with paladin and slowly wittling them down with SA.

• Like 1