A Question About Treasure Chests

Hey, folks.

So I'm an avid player of the card game and psyched for this digital release. I've watched every video I can find previewing this game (the original preview, and both the Obsidian Plays Twitch videos) in the interest of "doing my homework" as a consumer, and I'm basically sold on dropping the $25.00 for a season pass on day one. That being the case, wondering if I can get an answer from the development team about "treasure chests," and the cards that come out of them. From what I've seen and heard, treasure chests will be the only means (or at least the primary means) for season pass-holders to spend their in-game gold.

What I'm wondering is... will my "vault" of cards eventually fill up with more "treasure chest" cards than basic ones, if I buy enough of them - or is there a limit on how many copies of any given card can be stored in your vault? I know, for example, that the basic Longsword card is capped at 3 or 4 copies. Is the same true of any given "treasure chest card?" Could I eventually collect, saaay, twenty copies of the "Duelist" ally card? (Just a random example "treasure chest card" from the second twitch video.)

I'm hoping the answer is no, since that would be wacky and unbalanced, and force me to go trimming my vault to keep card variety sane. On the other hand, if the answer is no, I'm stumped as to how else I might spend my gold once I have the maximum number of copies of each of the treasure cards. (Why yes, I do intend to play this game to absolute excess.)

Thanks in advance, forums - and thanks for all the hard work Dev Team.

At this moment there is no limit. In future you can "sell" extra cards back to the store. There is Also option to build a Gaming box without using those treasure box cards.

But basically that leaves the balanging issue to the players at this moment.

I don't know if the situation change before the release of course.

At this moment there is no limit. In future you can "sell" extra cards back to the store. There is Also option to build a Gaming box without using those treasure box cards.

But basically that leaves the balanging issue to the players at this moment.

I don't know if the situation change before the release of course.

*Salvage not "sell" 

Similar to taking apart a piece of armor for the metal, or removing trim from old clothes to use on something new.  

• Like 2

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

Interesting. Thanks a ton for the info, guys. Two quick follow-up questions.

1.) Does "salvage" mean "sell for in-game gold," or is there a Hearthstone-style resource for "crafting" individual cards?

2.) Are there any short- or long-term plans to take that "balance decision" out of the player's hands, putting some sort of vault limits on "treasure chest cards?"

1.) Does "salvage" mean "sell for in-game gold," or is there a Hearthstone-style resource for "crafting" individual cards?

2.) Are there any short- or long-term plans to take that "balance decision" out of the player's hands, putting some sort of vault limits on "treasure chest cards?"

1. For the time being it will be a 'sell' like function, I won't completely close off the idea of a crafting system in the future but, after we discussed it intensely we opted for what we feel is a simpler, more streamlined system.

2. There are plans for balance for all cards as we move toward multiplayer, outside of that I can't/won't say more.

PACG is a co-op card game and an RPG at its core, freedom of play style is a core value of the game. Keep in mind, we have been working closely with Paizo and Lone Shark on all aspects of this game.  Nothing is added or changed without their approval.

• Like 4

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

• 4 weeks later...

I am confused... I have purchased many treasure chests and the cards are going somewhere... But I can't find them even when they are "basic"

Example I unlocked improved arcane armor spell... It is labeled as basic. But I can't equip it on anyone... Heck I can't even find it

Help

Afaik you only unlocked the card. You still have to find it during the adventures. Where you can find it depends on the set. If it is a B(base) set, there is a chance it can be found everywhere from B onwards.

1. For the time being it will be a 'sell' like function, I won't completely close off the idea of a crafting system in the future but, after we discussed it intensely we opted for what we feel is a simpler, more streamlined system.

Omg, do you know what would be kickass?

If once per day you could sacrifice (in this instance separate from salvage) cards and win a random prize. It could be special Loot cards, gold in varying amounts, one or more treasure chests...

Each card you sacrifice gives you a slightly better chance with a max of 5 cards or something.

• Like 1